Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, lucio said:

I’d loan him again if possible 

But why?

They'd surely demand a loan fee in the region of 20M€ for the season and after clearing out some high earners from the team I'm pretty sure his wages would be higher than anyone else in the squad bar Sterling. Do you honestly think he's worth that?

It's quite telling Atletico are openly whoring him out by making it known he's training with the reserves and has no place to return to their own squad and still there's been no bites yet. If he was anywhere near as good as the finances around the deal would dictate, he'd have been snapped up by someone immediately after Poch decided against keeping him.

Deadwood left: 

Lukaku, Auba, Ziyech, CHO, Sarr, Ampadu

Question marks (depending on Poch evaluation and incomings):

Cucu, Maatsen, Chukwumueka, Santos, Hall

DEV squads to loan:

Bashir, Hutchinson, Casadei, Burstow, Gilchrist

Still a LOOOT work to do.

37 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Deadwood left: 

Man, we've still got a whole BIG clear out left to do, when you look at it like that. Crazy. 

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Man, we've still got a whole BIG clear out left to do, when you look at it like that. Crazy. 

No real rush with that lot though as none of them are part of the pre-season squad. They could leave on deadline day for all I care, the only thing that changes is having to pay them a salary for every extra week they stay contracted to the club.

In any case, I'm quite hopeful Lukaku will be gone by next week. CHO is said to be in talks with Fulham and Auba is still considering the Saudi offer. The only ones I haven't seen linked anywhere are Ampadu and Sarr. However Ziyech seems to be in some kind of limbo after rejecting the revised Saudi offer so not sure what happens with him..

9 minutes ago, Jype said:

No real rush with that lot though as none of them are part of the pre-season squad. They could leave on deadline day for all I care, the only thing that changes is having to pay them a salary for every extra week they stay contracted to the club.

In any case, I'm quite hopeful Lukaku will be gone by next week. CHO is said to be in talks with Fulham and Auba is still considering the Saudi offer. The only ones I haven't seen linked anywhere are Ampadu and Sarr. However Ziyech seems to be in some kind of limbo after rejecting the revised Saudi offer so not sure what happens with him..

There were rumors of offers incoming for Ampadu. Anyway Ampadu and Sarr are not on huge salary so if we won't be able to sell them it won't be a tragedy

47 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

There were rumors of offers incoming for Ampadu. Anyway Ampadu and Sarr are not on huge salary so if we won't be able to sell them it won't be a tragedy

Sarr is on £100K/wk isn't he? The fact he's even employed by the club is a tragedy in itself.

3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Deadwood left: 

The only deadwood that will be hard to shift is Ziyech & Sarr.   They have next to no value in the transfer market.

CHO is still a HG winger so one of the PL clubs will take a chance on him, Ampadu will get a deal as he'd be useful squad player for a number of sides and Lukaku should be going back to Inter once they finalize the Onana deal. 

3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Question marks (depending on Poch evaluation and incomings):

Cucu, Maatsen, Chukwumueka, Santos, Hall

Are these really question marks?    We're stuck with Cucurella for the foreseeable future (same issue that we had with Kepa and that horrible contract/transfer fee that was paid).   You would think Chuks sticks around as we have no other options in midfield.   

Right now it's Enzo + Gallagher + *fingers crossed that no-one else decides to bid for Caicedo*

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Ben Jacobs has tweeted saying there is frustration from the Caicedo camp on how slow the talks are progressing.

Not only from the Caicedo camp 

already feels like the Hulk saga dragging on for years and I did not even know the guy 12 months ago. 

would be less nervous if we had not already shedded half the midfield without bringing someone in. Maybe should indeed move for a secondary target to Signal we are not desperate. No way we should do the deal for over 80m 

14 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Are these really question marks?    We're stuck with Cucurella for the foreseeable future (same issue that we had with Kepa and that horrible contract/transfer fee that was paid).   You would think Chuks sticks around as we have no other options in midfield.   

Right now it's Enzo + Gallagher + *fingers crossed that no-one else decides to bid for Caicedo*

About Cucu - sometimes there are some rumors that we want to offload him, can't believe Maatsen will stay if Cucu stays.

Chukwu is more of CAM than DM, plus he sucked last season. IF we will sign someone else than Caicedo, or Hall/Santos  will impress Poch I am not seeing any use for him.

Sometimes things take time. 

Arsenal agreed a fee for Rice 10 days ago and still Rice it not an Arsenal player officially till now. 10 days of negotiating addons and payment structure and still counting. 

Edited by Gundalf