Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Hashishi said:

I really don't like this board anymore. People just defending the stupidity of the leadership. Am I not allowed to criticise boehly without people comparing how much better he is than the old leadership? 

Get informed before talking 

United having a keeper that can actually pass out from the back and use his feet will definitely add a whole new dimension to their team. DDG was an amazing shot stopper for years but was woeful with his feet. 

Just now, Pizy said:

United having a keeper that can actually pass out from the back and use his feet will definitely add a whole new dimension to their team. DDG was an amazing shot stopper for years but was woeful with his feet. 

he is not that great with the ball at his feet

better than DDG, yes, but not a revelation at all

5 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I really don't like this board anymore. People just defending the stupidity of the leadership. Am I not allowed to criticise boehly without people comparing how much better he is than the old leadership? 

It is bizarre the love for the fucker who, so far, has only produced one of(?) the worst seasons in recent memory.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

GK?

or

DMF?

I assume GK

which is hardly going to break my heart

when he is pressed his distribution is dodgy

an Ederson he ain't

He’s decent but not worth dealing with Inter for w/ other decent options in the market. Barella is the only Inter player I’d consider dealing with them for. 

2 hours ago, Hashishi said:

But for every donkey there were 3 good buys like Hazard, Willian Costa Pedro etc. There was no obvious choice for a midfielder except rice who has been overpriced for 5 years. Government effed up the Rudiger and Christensen extensions with their sanction because it was obvious Roman was funneling drugs and weapons through the toilets in Cobham. In football not one team has not had a bad transfer window, even Real Madrid (2019 for example). The idea is to not make a loss doing it so you aren't hamstrung the next year to replace those shit buys, like we are now.

I'll be honest I don't know much about Stewart and Winstanely. Poch however failed to win a one team league with Messi, neymar and Mbappe as his front three. That is unacceptable in any case. He has never won anything and I don't expect him to anytime soon. It should precipitate the situation when you saw the 3rd fella (Freund or whatever, German guy from red bull) came and left after less than a year. These guys are going to be the leaders of a midtable team.

It's strange how you're dismissing Pochettino for "not winning a one team league" yet in a previous post praise Ten Hag who failed to do the exact same thing.

6 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I meant vivell. Sorry I don't know the name of the director who joined for a few months and then left. I guess the true fans who are clued in are the ones who will defend stupidity no matter what. Kind of like arsenal fans for 20 years...

Wrong again. Vivell is still at the club, employed as a Technical Director.

I wasn't even trying to defend anything or anyone, just pointing out that maybe you're not in the best position to whinge about how the club is run if you don't even have the slightest of idea who you're talking about. 

9 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Or maybe if you critisize Boehly in isolation without trying to gaslight us that things were all roses and rainbows when we got ourselves banned from the transfer market either side of breaking transfer records on Lukaku and Kepa people won't mention how wrong that is.

Just a thought!

Edited by Tomo

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

It is bizarre the love for the fuck who, so far, has only produced one of the worse seasons in recent memory.

Yes, we also had terrible seasons under Roman. Unfortunately we have an administration that have come in under completely unprecedented conditions. There's never been a scenario like ours in the history of football and they have tried to work through the obstacles, shown they are willing to be accountable for their mistakes and learn from them. Which to me suggests that they deserve more time to steady the ship without the fans being needlessly fickle and creating even more of a negative attitude around the squad.

No one loves Todd or had claimed to, they just willing to give him an opportunity...

9 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Yes, we also had terrible seasons under Roman. Unfortunately we have an administration that have come in under completely unprecedented conditions. There's never been a scenario like ours in the history of football and they have tried to work through the obstacles, shown they are willing to be accountable for their mistakes and learn from them. Which to me suggests that they deserve more time to steady the ship without the fans being needlessly fickle and creating even more of a negative attitude around the squad.

No one loves Todd or had claimed to, they just willing to give him an opportunity...

Funniest thing most of the ones moaning don't even know Todd resigned from his director role and when it comes to running the football side of things these days he's at best Eghbali's lackey. 

When I point this out of opposition fans I enjoy watching them trip over themselves after, for me to have to point it out to our own fans is embarrassing.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is not that great with the ball at his feet

better than DDG, yes, but not a revelation at all

Apparently he’s statistically one of the best ball playing keepers in Europe. I don’t have the stats on hand but it’s something I remember seeing recently. He’s no Ederson or Alisson, sure, but he will absolutely change the way United can play. And it’s a dimension Ten Hag can use that he couldn’t effectively last season.

Like you, I’m fine with us not going for Onana. Think he’s really overrated. But I am kinda annoyed that we have comfortably the worst starting keeper amongst the big clubs. None of City, United, Arse, or Liverpool will have to worry about the keeper position any time soon while we on the other hand have to enter this season praying that Kepa is merely decent.

Wish we could find our long term solution this summer. I quite liked the idea of Emi Martinez when we were linked months ago. But no chance a super ambitious club like Villa sell him to us.

24 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Barella is the only Inter player I’d consider dealing with them for. 

IF we could dump CuCu (we likely cannot) and if there was no way to get Nuno Mendes or Alphonso Davies (super hard pulls) , then Federico Dimarco would be a great LB buy

this is the last summer José Gayà is on my lists (he turns 30 at the end of the season after this one)

no longer sold on Theo due to his defence

Andrew Robertson turns 30 this coming winter

and I doubt Alejandro Balde would leave Barca for us at all

that is it for elite LBs (I include a healthy Chilwell in that list) atm

watch Destiny Udogie (20yo 1.88m now on Spuds)  and Milos Kerkez (19yo 1.80m Hungarian on AZ Alkmaar, ex of AC Milan)

(and of course, our own Lewis Hall and Ian Maatsen, who hopefully make it that we do NOT have to buy any more LBs at all)

17 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

No argument about the bad seasons before, but we've also had amazing seasons under the previous leadership. Under the current leadership we've only had a terrible, perhaps the worst? season. So, is it fair to assume the new leadership will *eventually* reach similar level of success in the future? Have to say the first sample isn't great.

I get the nuance, but I also call it the way I see it. The current challenges could be caused by the the momentary situation, sheer incompetence, or a bit of both. We don't know that yet.

Speaking for myself now, I am pessimistic about the near future considering the moves so far.

When people are saying we were too slow to get Onana (GK), before the window opened he was twerking for Manure. After the Raphina debacle, I hope we never chase another player that doesn’t fully say he wants to be here.

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Apparently he’s statistically one of the best ball playing keepers in Europe. I don’t have the stats on hand but it’s something I remember seeing recently. He’s no Ederson or Alisson, sure, but he will absolutely change the way United can play. And it’s a dimension Ten Hag can use that he couldn’t effectively last season.

Like you, I’m fine with us not going for Onana. Think he’s really overrated. But I am kinda annoyed that we have comfortably the worst starting keeper amongst the big clubs. None of City, United, Arse, or Liverpool will have to worry about the keeper position any time soon while we on the other hand have to enter this season praying that Kepa is merely decent.

Wish we could find our long term solution this summer. I quite liked the idea of Emi Martinez when we were linked months ago. But no chance a super ambitious club like Villa sell him to us.

we can snag Mamardashvili for only £21.5m

we need to do it

Edited by Vesper