Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

The no 9 position has become haunted since Diego:

Morata - fail (but has impoved a lot in Spain !)
Werner - fail
Lukaku - fail

Desparate solutions Falcao, Pato, Aube fail, fail and fail.
Let's pray Nkunku breaks the spell.

Nkunku is not a no9 tho. We will still need to be in the market for a striker. But if Nkunku could play off Broja this could be quite an entertaining attack, both with incredible pace and tenacity.

If Morata improved in spain is debatable. He is still porfligate. Also he is 30 now. Anywy, the problem with him was never his ability but his terrible attitude and lack of consistency at being a reliable goalscorer.

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nkunku is not a no9 tho. We will still need to be in the market for a striker. But if Nkunku could play off Broja this could be quite an entertaining attack, both with incredible pace and tenacity.

If Morata improved in spain is debatable. He is still porfligate. Also he is 30 now. Anywy, the problem with him was never his ability but his terrible attitude and lack of consistency at being a reliable goalscorer.

I used to call him the brylcream man. Then I expected him to end some somewhere in China or the emirates but he recovered.
But yesterday he nearly beat Germany. Assencio was the one who lost the clear opportunity for the 2-0 and then the Spaniards did something stupid to allow the Germans to equalize.

9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Assencio

one of the few garbage players who gets minutes for Spain

he is only there becuase Ansu Fati's career is perhaps perma fucked due to his insane amount of serious injuries and surgeries, which is a damn shame, as he was tracking to be a superstar (and if Fati was healthy, we would likely have Ousmane Dembele on our squad)

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

No Rice and Nkunku done.

not saying this is not what will happen, but I will believe both when I see it

I am extremely jaded at this point, and I am starting to expect the worst (or near it) when if comes to big spend Chels transfers

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

not saying thsi is not what will happen, bit I will believe both when I see it

I am extremely jaded at this point, and I am starting to expect the worst (or near it) when if comes to big spend Chels transfers

The sh*t has hit the fan. We spend big or Boehly ends up with a team struggling to avoid relegation.
I recall with dread the early seventies. We had economic problems as well then but from close to being the top side of England and Europe we slowly dropped to the second division.

Edited by cosmicway

9 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The sh*t has hit the fan. We spend big or Boehly ends up with a team struggling to avoid relegation.
I recall with dread the early seventies. We had economic problems as well then but from close to being the top side of England and Europe we slowly dropped to the second division.

players I rate (and how many do we actually have legit shots at and will actually end up buying? I am not hopeful atm)

Jude Bellingham   
Rafael Leão  

Declan Rice (IF £65-70m then sure)   
Christopher Nkunku   
Victor Osimhen    

Lautaro Martínez 
Nicolò Barella 
Bruno Guimarães   
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 
Josko Gvardiol

Federico Chiesa (IF recovered fully)
Ousmane Dembélé    
Milan Škriniar

João Félix 
Moussa Diaby 
Frenkie de Jong 
Ivan Toney
Jan Oblak  
Moisés Caicedo 
Enzo Fernández  
Karim Adeyemi 

Amadou Onana 
Evan Ndicka
Youssoufa Moukoko
Mohamed Simakan 
Guido Rodríguez 
Denzel Dumfries 
Roméo Lavia
Kouadio Koné 

Jeremie Frimpong 
Khéphren Thuram
Gonçalo Ramos
Gonçalo Inácio
Evanilson  
Endrick    
Benjamin Sesko  

Luka Sucic 
Vanderson
Armel Bella-Kotchap 
Arsen Zakharyan
Joakim Mæhle  

Giorgi Mamardashvili  (GK)

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

players I rate (and how many do we actually have legit shots at and will actually end up buying? I am not hopeful atm)

Jude Bellingham   
Rafael Leão  

Declan Rice (IF £65-70m then sure)   
Christopher Nkunku   
Victor Osimhen    

Lautaro Martínez 
Nicolò Barella 
Bruno Guimarães   
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 
Josko Gvardiol

Federico Chiesa (IF recovered fully)
Ousmane Dembélé    
Milan Škriniar

João Félix 
Moussa Diaby 
Frenkie de Jong 
Ivan Toney
Jan Oblak  
Moisés Caicedo 
Enzo Fernández  
Karim Adeyemi 

Amadou Onana 
Evan Ndicka
Youssoufa Moukoko
Mohamed Simakan 
Guido Rodríguez 
Denzel Dumfries 
Roméo Lavia
Kouadio Koné 

Jeremie Frimpong 
Khéphren Thuram
Gonçalo Ramos
Gonçalo Inácio
Evanilson  
Endrick    
Benjamin Sesko  

Luka Sucic 
Vanderson
Armel Bella-Kotchap 
Arsen Zakharyan
Joakim Mæhle  

Giorgi Mamardashvili  (GK)

Mbappe.

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

No it's not.
If the PSG ship goes under again they will collapse.
Mbappe, Neymar and even Messi will be available to the highest bidders.

Mbappe is not coming here

we will not meet his salary demands and we likely will not have CL, plus we have a shit stadium, a tiny pitch not suited to his game

also

why would PSG collapse?

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mbappe is not coming here

we will not meet his salary demands and we likely will not have CL, plus we have a shit stadium, a tiny pitch not suited to his game

also

why would PSG collapse?

I don't get this.
Suppose Mbappe was one from our 2018 youth squad but still the same Mbappe in 2022. He d' still have the same salary demands.
Nothing works without big money.
PSG if not win the CL this year will have problems.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I don't get this.
Suppose Mbappe was one from our 2018 youth squad but still the same Mbappe in 2022. He d' still have the same salary demands.
Nothing works without big money.
PSG if not win the CL this year will have problems.

We will not get mbappe, am going to try out this as nice as I can, we are not a top tier team, yes we won the league a few times and the CL but if any of you think we can compete with , Barca RM PSG BM juve MUFC, then you kidding yourself! Man city will beat us to players and in the next few years Newcastle will also beat us to players.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

37 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

juve

you can remove them from the list

they might not even exist as a topflight club soon (possible forced relegation to lower tiers)

sledgehammers of justice on the march for the criminals, their whole board and Agnelli just resigned a few hours back

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they might not even exist as a topflight club soon (possible forced relegation to lower tiers)

sledgehammers of justice on the march for the criminals, their whole board and Agnelli just resigned a few hours back

But in general over the years juve was still a bigger pull than us.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

It'll be interesting to see how Chiesa does the second half of the season as if Juventus have the book thrown at them (relegation, etc) then their most valuable assets will be on the market. Would have to see that blinding pace is still there for Chiesa first as I'd worry about him if he's lost a yard or two. 

Vlahovic and Miretti could be interesting options too.

18 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

But in general over the years juve was still a bigger pull than us.

Were they really?

Since the Calciopoli there was only maybe a few year period (around 2015-2019) when Juve's pull was at it's highest point and at that time they were definitely ahead of us. Anytime between 2006-2014 absolutely no chance the majority of players would have chosen Juve ahead of Chelsea and lately their aura of success has been on a steady decline once again, way before all this dodgy financial stuff that's been doing the rounds in the last couple of months. 

They had a really good period of success when the rest of the Serie A were at their lowest which, for a while at least, increased their pulling power but I definitely wouldn't put them in the same category as RM, Barca and Bayern. For all their domestic success Juve haven't even won the UCL in almost 30 years ffs.