Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If we dont sign Sancho. Werner. A World Class LB. A superstar CB and maybe throw Oblak into the mix this summer. We should seriously start thinking about protesting against this board. 
You know that would cost us 400 million, right ?
Oblak alone costs 100 Million
Sancho at least 120 million.

We made a loss this year around with more than 100 Million and you want us to spend that money ?

I think we will spend around 150 to 200 Million Euros.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Point taken!!! already acknowledged it ... how much more would u beat me up now ... :(

It was a harmless joke fella. Think people have been sitting up late glued to rumors and are a bit annoyed now

52 minutes ago, chippy said:

If we don't sign a player or two then to me it's a sign the board are having second thoughts about keeping Frank next season. Nothing is ever to shocking or stupid when it cones to the planning and running of the club.

OR maybe, the board have learned their lesson to not buy average players for short term gains. Lampard's frustration today was clear to see but let's not forget, he has also said many times that signing players, the right players this months is always gonna be difficult. We obviously don't know the full story and all that but if the board had really tried to get Cavani, Mertens etc and they don't want to come for one reason or another, then I'm not sure Lampard can be super frustrated over the situation because he knows signing the right players in January is difficult. It was always gonna be a catch 22 situation. Moreover, had our transfer ban not been overturned, Lampard would have had to work with the same squad for the entire season. And now that it would be the case, despite the ban being overturned, maybe it's time for Lampard to focus on the management side of things and try to get the best out of the players, the team for the remaining months of the season. We will see what happens in the transfer market in the summer. 

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You know that would cost us 400 million, right ?
Oblak alone costs 100 Million
Sancho at least 120 million.

We made a loss this year around with more than 100 Million and you want us to spend that money ?

I think we will spend around 150 to 200 Million Euros.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

We havent spent a bean in 2 windows. I expect the club to shell out at least 300m in the summer. That's 150m a window. They really arent high expectations for a club as rich as ours. Plus... if spent wisely... we could easily get what I said with that money.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Can you explain how not getting a replacement backup CF is a short term gain? For example, Bats is super shite, way beyond useless...even Deeney is better than him. Most CFs we bring in is an instant upgrade to Bats.

Is Batshuayi really suitable a benchmark to be used for a good backup ST?

It should say a lot about finding a good backup ST in January when the likes of Man United are reportedly going after Bournemouth's Josh King (IIRC, people weren't too happy when we were linked with Callum Wilson). 

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

What baffles me the most... I'd that we didnt get s lb. Telles was available.... surely he was worth a punt... has to be better than playing Azpi there. Braindead shit.

Maybe he's not that good? Porto don't want to sell?

Lampard and the board do seem to be putting all the eggs into the Chilwell basket because that's the only LB we have been seriously linked with over the last few months. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe he's not that good? Porto don't want to sell?

Lampard and the board do seem to be putting all the eggs into the Chilwell basket because that's the only LB we have been seriously linked with over the last few months. 

It was suggested that Telles was available.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

If we dont sign Sancho. Werner. A World Class LB. A superstar CB and maybe throw Oblak into the mix this summer. We should seriously start thinking about protesting against this board. 

1 If we miss out on Sancho we are fucked

2 Just to grab 4 positions (and the players linked to us) LB, DMF, Wingers (2 will be needed, unless we suicidally cave into Willian's 20m for 2 years salary demands), and CF (backup/starter and then a cheap 3rd stringer) means around a 400m gross spend

3 add in a truly WC CB, that shoots to £475-500m gross. Obviously some players will and have been sold and  that lowers it all dramatically, but unless you are talking about selling Kante (I think it is 100% necessary) we are not going to remotely reach those type of numbers flipped in just one window

4 If we go all in on Chilwell, but do not get him, and then proceed to toss the toys from the pram and do nothing, we are fucked

5 Werner is not coming here, so it is Dembele, or TBD (and all actually doable options, Dembele included, are a massive step down from Werner)

6 Finally as I showed in a long detailed post, buying Oblak (IF he even comes, he has turned us down before) and selling an unsaleable Kepa means that in the absolutely BEST CASE POSSIBLE scenario we will end up spending a QUARTER BILLION QUID for 7 years (2 Kepa, 5 Oblak) combined of just 1st Keeper play (when fees and salaries are added in) That will NEVER happen

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Comparing us to one of the worst run clubs isn't exactly saying much.

Money talks regardless of the window

Yeah but if they have to look at the likes of Odion Ighalo, Josh King etc, then you know there aren't many great options out there to get this month. 

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

1 If we miss out on Sancho we are fucked

2 Just to grab 4 positions (and the players linked to us) LB, DMF, Wingers (2 will be needed, unless we suicidally cave into Willian's 20m for 2 years salary demands), and CF (backup/starter and then a cheap 3rd stringer) means around a 400m gross spend

3 add in a truly WC CB, that shoots to £475-500m gross. Obviously some players will and have been sold and  that lowers it all dramatically, but unless you are talking about selling Kante (I think it is 100% necessary) we are not going to remotely reach those type of numbers flipped in just one window

4 If we go all in on Chilwell, but do not get him, and then proceed to toss the toys from the pram and do nothing, we are fucked

5 Werner is not coming here, so it is Dembele, or TBD (and all actually doable options, Dembele included, are a massive step down from Werner)

6 Finally as I showed in a long detailed post, buying Oblak (IF he even comes, he has turned us down before) and selling an unsaleable Kepa means that in the absolutely BEST CASE POSSIBLE scenario we will end up spending a QUARTER BILLION QUID for 7 years (2 Kepa, 5 Oblak) combined of just 1st Keeper play (when fees and salaries are added in) That will NEVER happen

I really think u should get sancho out of your head. It will NOT happen. 

Yeah but if they have to look at the likes of Odion Ighalo, Josh King etc, then you know there aren't many great options out there to get this month. 
Bakambu was on the verge of joining Barca a matter of days ago. He'd have been adequate for either.