Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

I think 100m would have been enough. If not, then pay the extra 20m. 

Also, if we got rice, we did not need a back up RWB, as we would definitely shift to a back4, and azpi would have been the back up RB. We are anyways willing to pay 50m for a back rwb in gordon so why not deal with our most obvious and biggest problem out there. If not rice and fdj, then there would be other options available who are far better than whatever jorginho provides. Not buying a DM is a cardinal mistake, an unforgivable one. One which will end up costing TT his job and us this season. 

Again if £100m is enough to get him then why City, United, and us so far didn't try to bid him? We are even willing to match United's bid for De Jong around £72m.

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes yes. Can't get them all. But midfield refresh has been put off for years now. We have relied on Kante. Jorginho and Kova since the Sarri days

It's crazy that we have the same midfield since Sarri was here. Proof of the poor job done by everyone in charge at Chelsea since that period.

39 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Again if £100m is enough to get him then why City, United, and us so far didn't try to bid him? We are even willing to match United's bid for De Jong around £72m.

I don't get the point? Is 70m enough to get fofana, no. But we bid. Did we make an actual bid for rice? Were there any rumors? 

Were there any rumors about any DM except for "fdj does not want to join". Most of that noise was out of the Barca camp rather than ours. 

And again, if not fdj and rice, then you go to your plan b, c, d, e to z. Just like we went from kounde, de ligt, etc etc etc to whoever we end up buying. The fact that we were not even linked shows that DM was not on priority for the manager which is what bothers me. If 2 years into his tenure he can't even understand our most basic deficiency, then he needs to be evaluated as the manager of the club. 

21 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

I don't get the point? Is 70m enough to get fofana, no. But we bid. Did we make an actual bid for rice? Were there any rumors? 

Were there any rumors about any DM except for "fdj does not want to join". Most of that noise was out of the Barca camp rather than ours. 

And again, if not fdj and rice, then you go to your plan b, c, d, e to z. Just like we went from kounde, de ligt, etc etc etc to whoever we end up buying. The fact that we were not even linked shows that DM was not on priority for the manager which is what bothers me. If 2 years into his tenure he can't even understand our most basic deficiency, then he needs to be evaluated as the manager of the club. 

Tchouameni, Kamara, Sangare, Bissouma, Rice in June and then all went quiet until suddenly we are going for De Jong this month.

10 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Why would you take jesus for 45m when you can have 33 year old auba for 25m. 

Atleast that's what our genius manager's thought process is. 😂

9 hours ago, DDA said:

When you put it like that.... it's unbelievable that we didn't go for Jesus.

Our ownership change and late start in the window seems to be the reason we missed out on Jesus. It is not true that the club did not go for him

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jesus-Chelsea-transfer-hijack-arsenal-27500960 

On Aubameyang - the club is sticking to a reasonable fee. The thought process seems to be fine, there is just no proven striker target available.

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea to rival Premier League clubs for 26-year-old striker

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/08/Chelsea-in-the-race-to-sign-brentford-striker-ivan-toney-latest-transfer-news/

Chelsea are in the race with Everton and Manchester United to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney

Will take a 50m + fee this late in the window. There are a few punts that can be taken in the market - Isak, David, Osimhen (tough pull) 

I think it will only be a stopgap this late in the window - Auba, Ronaldo or Zaha

57 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Tchouameni, Kamara, Sangare, Bissouma, Rice in June and then all went quiet until suddenly we are going for De Jong this month.

Kamara was announce as villa player in May. 

Bissouma was a spurs on 14th June

Tcho has joined Madrid on 11th June

It's August 22nd, and have we had any plans of a DM? Again, having a daily mail link with a player is not what i am talking about, because that is what we might have had with the above mentioned 3. I don't remember any credible sources linking these players to us. 

I honestly doubt it. Massively doubt it.

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

Kamara was announce as villa player in May. 

Bissouma was a spurs on 14th June

Tcho has joined Madrid on 11th June

It's August 22nd, and have we had any plans of a DM? Again, having a daily mail link with a player is not what i am talking about, because that is what we might have had with the above mentioned 3. I don't remember any credible sources linking these players to us

I honestly doubt it. Massively doubt it.

Matt Law and Nizaar Kinsella have spoken about our interest on Tchouameni and Kamara in the past. As for Bissouma the link came from Nathan Gissing (cfcnewspage) who is now working for Di Marzio. As i have said here many times the delay during takeover process have fucked us this window, we missed out many players because of that.

Edited by Blues Forever

16 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Matt Law and Nizaar Kinsella have spoken about our interest on Tchouameni and Kamara in the past. As for Bissouma the link came from Nathan Gissing (cfcnewspage) who is now working for Di Marzio. As i have said here many times the delay during takeover process have fucked us this window, we missed out many players because of that.

Still, after the takeover the only MF we were linked to was FDJ, who clearly didn't even want to come here

11 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Still, after the takeover the only MF we were linked to was FDJ, who clearly didn't even want to come here

Nope, we linked and signed Chukwuemeka and Casadei but both are more like no. 8 rather than a DM. Even De Jong himself isn't really a DM. The genuine DM like Tchouameni and Kamara got snapped fast by other clubs before we can even act.

Edited by Blues Forever

18 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Nope, we linked and signed Chukwuemeka and Casadei but both are more like no. 8 rather than a DM. Even De Jong himself isn't really a DM. The genuine DM like Tchouameni and Kamara got snapped fast by other clubs before we can even act.

That's why I wrote 'MF' as more general term. Chukwuemeka and Casadei are singings for the future, noone sane truly believe they will make a difference now.

10 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

That's why I wrote 'MF' as more general term. Chukwuemeka and Casadei are singings for the future, noone sane truly believe they will make a difference now.

Of course not, but many ppl just assumed they would be another body in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Of course not, but many ppl just assumed they would be another body in midfield.

Unfortunately it's not the quantity we are missing but quality (well, healthy quality) :(

Edited by ulvhedin

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/tuchel-leeds-Chelsea-mendy-koulibaly-24816030

Tuchel: "Another midfielder? We have Jorginho, N'Golo Kante, we have Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher, Mateo Kovacic…." - I just hope he just doesn't want to throw the team under the bus and he is not really think this.

5 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

I actually called it a couple weeks ago. We've come full circle now. 😂

On 09/08/2022 at 15:08, Jype said:

Belotti and Aubameyang. Is it 2017 again? 

Just need Morata to pop up in some rumors to make it a hat trick.

Morata is not a bad player, his all-around play is actually quite decent but he's just a terrible goalscorer so clearly not what we need at the moment...