Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

One thing is a bit strange tho: they still struggling to register current (Kounde) and future signings, but the harsh statements about De Jong a la "take the pay cut or leave" have completely gone quiet for some time. What actually happened to the De Jong situation? Did Barca accept his defiance?

16 minutes ago, laura90 said:

I hope we wont pay over the odds for PEA. But if he comes, we will have majority of the team in their thirties. I don't care for being labeled as negative, that is too much. KK, Silva, Azpi, Jorginho, Kante, PEA and Sterling ( I know he isn't in his thirties but he is in PL from 16, his legs are). Kova is not in his thirties but his body seems to be.  I see we are making signings for the future, that's nice. But our entire team feels like some kind of stop gap and should be very different in couple of years.

KK is not Rudiger, I'm sorry. He lacks recovery speed for start. And consistency of Rudiger under Tuchel  is hardly replaced. KK would make solid Andreas replacement.

Defence is weaker, for now,  attack needs to improve at least enough  to make up for  it.  Broja shining would help tremendously as well as PEA  doing what he does best.

Thank God for world cup in the middle of the season, that will help us tremendously, especially as it will help us skip our traditional tumble period.

But Tuchel will be miracle worker if he takes this lot to third or fourth place. It's more challenging than it seems. 

Liverpool have Matip, Van Dijk, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Salah all in their 30's and Fabinho, Oxlade Chamberlain and Robertson all turn 30 next season. Add to that Liverpool don't rotate extensively and these players have a lot of mileage playing Klopp's high intensity football for a number of years - do you carry the same concerns for them as you do us?

Just because a player turns 30 doesn't make him immediately a bad player. More and more players now are playing at a high level well into their 30's and for some arguably are getting better in their 30's. I know we shouldn't expect everyone to be like Thiago Silva and still be playing at the highest level at 38 years old, but you're listing a number of players that are 30, 31 years old and a 27 year old Sterling. 

There will be a time when they will all eventually be replaced but it's not a situation where we need to replace 4 or 5 in one summer.

4 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

One thing is a bit strange tho: they still struggling to register current (Kounde) and future signings, but the harsh statements about De Jong a la "take the pay cut or leave" have completely gone quiet for some time. What actually happened to the De Jong situation? Did Barca accept his defiance?

Ironically that seems to have sparked up again over the last day or two that Barca are pushing for De Jong to make a decision next week - take a pay cut or leave. Conveniently missing out hidden option number 3 where he stays on his current contract and there's absolutely nothing Barca can do about it.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Ironically that seems to have sparked up again over the last day or two that Barca are pushing for De Jong to make a decision next week - take a pay cut or leave. Conveniently missing out hidden option number 3 where he stays on his current contract and there's absolutely nothing Barca can do about it.

But Barca doesnt really put any pressure on him to take the cut, otherwise they would send him to the stands, they still play him and it is said he will even start on sunday. Its a weird one all along. 

1 hour ago, Kong said:

I just don't think he's built for this league. To skinny. Not strong enough and hes like watching Peter crouch on the ball just so awkward 

I would so take these Sane numbers from Kai

especially 2018/19, as if he played the same minutes as the year before, he would track to 21 or 22 goals, and 25 or 26 assists, which is WC production, monster numbers (he then had that horrific full year out knee injury in the CS versus Pool on August 14, 2019, and was never truly the same)

12c2bf606f3f7bd87abbfb62281a295e.pngc0d75084c51c8b1344d169d4a163ea4c.png

51 minutes ago, laura90 said:

I hope we wont pay over the odds for PEA. But if he comes, we will have majority of the team in their thirties. I don't care for being labeled as negative, that is too much. KK, Silva, Azpi, Jorginho, Kante, PEA and Sterling ( I know he isn't in his thirties but he is in PL from 16, his legs are). Kova is not in his thirties but his body seems to be.  I see we are making signings for the future, that's nice. But our entire team feels like some kind of stop gap and should be very different in couple of years.

KK is not Rudiger, I'm sorry. He lacks recovery speed for start. And consistency of Rudiger under Tuchel  is hardly replaced. KK would make solid Andreas replacement.

Defence is weaker, for now,  attack needs to improve at least enough  to make up for  it.  Broja shining would help tremendously as well as PEA  doing what he does best.

Thank God for world cup in the middle of the season, that will help us tremendously, especially as it will help us skip our traditional tumble period.

But Tuchel will be miracle worker if he takes this lot to third or fourth place. It's more challenging than it seems. 

Sterling is not at 30's but I understand your point of being in the league since 16, but he still has pace. 

And Jorginho is well aware we want to replace. If we can't get FDJ, then in the summer we shall see about Rice. 

Kante is always going to be hard to replace. No one out there will do what he does. Kinda like Lampard, once Lampard left no one has taken that spot. 

KK to me is really good, after losing leadership of Rudgier to me KK does replace him in terms of leadership. As we have too many young players. 

I think your negative me thinks. We are doing a hell of a work of improving the squad. And it will take next summer before we can start getting a more balanced team. So far I like the moves we done and if we get Fofana we are going in the right direction. 

Edited by Fernando

6 minutes ago, whats happening said:

isnt he signing a new contract?

I'm not sure but FDJ would have been a good replacement for him now. If we can't get then it will be next summer. 

If he stays then he can become an impact sub. Especially with team that sit back.

Edited by Fernando

19 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Liverpool have Matip, Van Dijk, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Salah all in their 30's and Fabinho, Oxlade Chamberlain and Robertson all turn 30 next season. Add to that Liverpool don't rotate extensively and these players have a lot of mileage playing Klopp's high intensity football for a number of years - do you carry the same concerns for them as you do us?

Just because a player turns 30 doesn't make him immediately a bad player. More and more players now are playing at a high level well into their 30's and for some arguably are getting better in their 30's. I know we shouldn't expect everyone to be like Thiago Silva and still be playing at the highest level at 38 years old, but you're listing a number of players that are 30, 31 years old and a 27 year old Sterling. 

There will be a time when they will all eventually be replaced but it's not a situation where we need to replace 4 or 5 in one summer.

let's look at the top 15 valuation over 31yo fullbacks and wingers and DMFs

insane drop off

fullbacks, both LB and RB

Kyle Walker (only one over £10m) 
Ivan Perisic   (converted winger)
César Azpilicueta
Juan Cuadrado    (dogshit after him)
Jordi Alba (last one over £5m)
Matteo Darmian 
Ismaily 
Jonas Hector   
Aaron Cresswell   
Seamus Coleman 
Yuri Berchiche 
Marcelo
Ryan Bertrand 
Jesús Navas   
Nuno Sequeira 

wingers (both LW and RW)

Lionel Messi  
Ángel Di María  
Dusan Tadić   (last one over £5m) dogshit after him
Edin Visca  
Anthony Nwakaeme 
Yacine Brahimi  
Willian 
Eduardo Salvio
Alexis Sánchez  
Carlos Vela   
Pedro  
Karim Bellarabi   
Gareth Bale  
Max Gradel 
Nacer Chadli  

DMF's (all are basically shit)

Benjamin André  (only one over £10m, and its only £10.8m)
Sergio Busquets (staggeringly overrated now, rep wise, has been shit for 2 or 3 years now)
Grzegorz Krychowiak 
Taras Stepanenko  (last one over £5m)
Nemanja Matić 
Steven Nzonzi  
Souza  
Cheikhou Kouyaté  
Yann M'Vila 
Fernando  
Axel Witsel   
Guido Pizarro   
Morgan Schneiderlin 
Javi Martínez