Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Than he knows what to do. Transfer request. 

Stage by stage, WF  will be being advised exactly what we are reading/hearing.

Has asked Leicester to listen to good offers as was agreed in his contract- Now, asking them to let him leave and the next thing, if it gets to that is Transfer Request. It's all building to one thing.

Said it before, Leicester will cave and Rodgers will want the unhappy player gone.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Stage by stage, WF  will be being advised exactly what we are reading/hearing.

Has asked Leicester to listen to good offers as was agreed in his contract- Now, asking them to let him leave and the next thing, if it gets to that is Transfer Request. It's all building to one thing.

Said it before, Leicester will cave and Rodgers will want the unhappy player gone.

Lol i doubt they will, Fofana just signed a long contract.

Steinberg also says West Ham's bid for Emerson has been rejected. Chelsea holding out for £15M.

Let's hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse if West Ham move on to another target. Doesn't seem like there's a big market for Emerson and £13M was already a solid offer IMO.

My guess is cash plus a player Rodgers can use will get it done. The rumors about our side not wanting that “world’s most expensive defender” tag on Fofana’s head I actually think is true. Having that pressure on you as a 21 year old (and especially in a position like CB where mistakes can have catastrophic consequences) could prove very detrimental.

I just want to get him in ASAP. As impressive as RLC was against Spuds and as good as Reece looked at RCB, I don’t want to see that anymore. I want Reece bombing up and down the flank and a proper beast of a natural RCB behind him.

Really hope we push this through before Leeds.

6 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Wesley Fofana tells Leicester he wants to leave and join Chelsea.

- @JacobSteinberg

Why signed contract extension then?

I would like him to join, but players and their agents are getting out of control.. Sign long term contract extension (with sweet salary increase of course) then they get surprised and feel "trapped" when their team asking big money from approachers to buy them out.

If he didn't sign extension in March he could leave easier and cheaper.. So I can't feel sorry for him being 'increasingly unsettled' - as Sky reported.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It's genuinely incredible people are still falling for that logic after last season.

I don't mind an option like that in the squad because the issue of goal scoring is something we do need to consider and try to address but Ronaldo creates the same problems as Lukaku last season - it's a big name and big ego whereby if things aren't going well for them, you'll know about it regardless of whether the team is playing well or not.

I actually don't think you'd quite get that same issue with Aubameyang so long as he was within the squad and not being marginalised I think he'd be much more receptive to being utilised within the squad as a whole as opposed to just expecting to start and play 90 minutes all the time regardless. The issue with Aubameyang is paying a transfer fee and a lengthy contract for someone who is 33. If we could take him on a year loan I'd be content with that move to fill a gap for the short term, but that's not happening.

5 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why signed contract extension then?

I would like him to join, but players and their agents are getting out of control.. Sign long term contract extension (with sweet salary increase of course) then they get surprised and feel "trapped" when their team asking big money from approachers to buy them out.

If he didn't sign extension in March he could leave easier and cheaper.. So I can't feel sorry for him being 'increasingly unsettled' - as Sky reported.

At the time he signed he was still recovering from that catastrophic injury. That was a potential career threatening leg break so if you’re offered a new contract when your career is in question I don’t blame him for signing. This isn’t a Declan Rice or Harry Kane situation where they idiotically signed 6 year deals when they were fit and getting better and better.

Plus, there’s no way he expected a huge club like Chelsea to be after him so strongly when he signed.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

At the time he signed he was still recovering from that catastrophic injury. That was a potential career threatening leg break so if you’re offered a new contract when your career is in question I don’t blame him for signing. This isn’t a Declan Rice or Harry Kane situation where they idiotically signed 6 year deals when they were fit and getting better and better.

Plus, there’s no way he expected a huge club like Chelsea to be after him so strongly when he signed.

His initial deal at Leicester was reported to be only around £20K/wk and his new contract bumped that up to £100-120K/wk so amongst all the uncertainty with the injury I definitely understand why he signed it.

While I hope he signs for us, I also understand Leicester's reluctance in selling him having just signed the player on an improved contract. If Fofana was expecting to move to a bigger club in the near future, he should have negotiated a release clause in his new deal so that's on him and his agent. Now they just need to hope Chelsea pay up and he can get his preferred move anyway.

Yeah, the more I watch of Gordon the more I like the look of him. The price is just outrageously inflated and I can’t get over it.

He looks like the exact sort of player Klopp & Liverpool would target. Relentless, ridiculous energy, excellent on the ball, beats players in space with ease, and works super hard for the team. The difference is Liverpool would sign this type of player for like £15m from some Championship side or form Scotland or something whereas we’re bidding £45m or more.

I’d rather see Gordon running himself into the ground and wreaking havoc with his pace than lazy ass CHO who doesn’t even attempt to do those things anymore.

There most be something in the data metrics that have both Tuchel and Boehly wanting Gordon. 

Glad we got Casadei over the line. Looks a massive talent and assuming both he and Chukwuemeka are the long term replacements for Jorginho and Kante. 

I believe that Casedei was named in the U19 Euro's team of the tournament alongside Carney and Vale so that might give a bit more indication as to our interest in him. Seems to be a tournament we've taken a key interest in and scouted extensively.

As I said earlier the problem with a deal like this one, like Carney, is the margin for error is so much smaller because of the price already being committed but hopefully he'll prove to be a good buy.