Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

very decent CB

good size (1.87m) pacey, fairly progressive on the ball

right footer

not what I would consider truly elite yet, but he is only 22 (May 3, 2000) and can DEFFO get there

pretty curious that we would be making a move for another RB Leipzig CB IF we also want Gvardiol

It does very much feel like a Chelsea thing whereby we seem to be being linked with one player, where we're actually scouting a different player on the team that we have in mind.

No idea how attainable he'd be. Leipzig, like most German clubs, are very fair negotiating when prepared to let a player leave but if they want to dig their heels in with both him and Gvardiol it's a near pointless effort.

4 hours ago, Vegetable said:

I wonder where does the theory that Boehly is some kind of dumb child in the dark and needs to get a general idea of football and transfers in sport before doing anything; Just a reminder that very first thing he did was bringing here Koulibaly, something that Marina couldn't do for her entire stint here and what people deemed absolutely impossible due to De Laurentis + him being a legend and absolutely not wanting a move from Napoli. Yet still I feel people totally ignore this transfer and not see a weight of it. Sterling is no BS as well.

Maybe he has an idea of business different than some fans would like him to have, but I wouldn't downplay him this much as a person in charge.

Yep, as frustrating as missing out on the players are surely it's a encouraging thing we're shopping at that level as opposed to settling for the type of players the North London duo are?

Could you imagine the outrage if we sold Broja, Gallagher and Colwill to fund Richarlison, Vieira and Lenglet?

Not letting Alonso and Azpi go to Barca is another L for us i feel.

Yes they screwed us in this window. Kounde and Raphina would have been ideal but we cant let that ruin our other activity.

Sell the 2 players and find alternatives

If required give a boatload of cash for 2 of skriniar/fofana/gvardiol...top players will command huge sums. Sewma like we are just looking for value deals instead of getting things over the line asap

proof Tuchel reads this board

Chelsea are close to giving up and could walk away from negotiations with Sevilla to sign Jules Kounde if there is no breakthrough soon. Another complication is Thomas Tuchel is not entirely convinced about signing Koundé, with doubts over his height.

come on Tuchel, call him the dwarf!
🤣

12 hours ago, Kong said:

Wtf do you have against a manager that won us the champions league and secured top 4 with this set of players? 

and the World Club championship (for the first time ever) and the UEFA Super Cup, which every other Roman manager failed to do

Currently below players are sure shot starters in my eye

Mendy in goal

Reece and Chilly at wingback

Koulibaly at CB

Mount and kante in midfield when fit

Sterling and Havertz in forward positions

That's 8 players. Remaining 3 will either be rotational players or are yet to be bought

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

ffs, imagine if THESE were players we were worrying about and/or going for

makes me feel a wee bit better

if is just crazy with the rest of the team they have, and 300 billion quid in oil money backing them, that PSG for several years has chosen to roll with this pile of dung for their DMF options

Leandro Paredes  (the only BARELY acceptable one (as a backup only), and the only one under 30yo, at 28) AND the one they are selling!

then dregs city
Danilo Pereira  soon 31
Idrissa Gueye  soon 33
Ander Herrera    soon 33

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

ffs, imagine if THESE were players we were worrying about and/or going for

makes me feel a wee bit better

Paredes lol, another traumatizing transfer saga of the past. We were on the hunt for a creative mid and Paredes was all the talk back then, but in the end he chose fucking Zenith St. Petersburg 😄 That was a massive WTF moment. But in the end we got Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Barkley so all good.