Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, Jype said:

Raphinha I'll give you, his move was being worked on by Barca since early this year (Feb-March) so once the sanctions got lifted and Chelsea could start doing business it was always going to be difficult to change his mind.

Kounde situation is very different though. If we end up missing out on him the blame will be entirely on Boehly and Tuchel. It's a transfer that was like 95% done last year, only for things to fall through last minute when Sevilla raised their asking price but the player was definitely more than happy to join and personal terms were agreed a year ago. Pretty much all of last season everyone was thinking it was in the bag for this summer and at the beginning of the transfer window we had a totally free run at him for all of June with no other clubs in for him but Boehly/Tuchel spent the month chasing after De Ligt and Ake instead, only to miss out on both of them as well. Eventually the focus shifted back to Kounde but now it looks like it may have been too late.

I wasn't all that bothered about Kounde last year and was quite happy for Chalobah to be given the chance instead and I'm not that bothered about him now either but some new CB sure as hell needs to be signed and the options are running out. And most of all it's definitely not a good look on the club to dick around multiple targets only to miss out on or get rejected by almost all of them.

Groundwork would have been laid last summer with Kounde but Sevilla moving the goalposts will have meant having to go back to the table with them and potentially negotiating from scratch again. I think it seems to have been widely recognised now whilst Tuchel likes him, he was a signing identified by the club. It made sense for the new ownership and Tuchel to explore other options first. Ake is the one that looks silly in my opinion,  but making moves for De Ligt, Koulibaly, Kimpembe I can understand reasons for exploring all of those before Kounde.

Also should be noted this situation is different to Raphinha. We went in blind to that situation and chanced. From what is being reported we've agreed a deal with Kounde, and are still finalising a deal with Sevilla. If he does indeed choose Barca then so be it.

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

Overacting a little bit there by the way. 

So far Todd has done a good job.

If we get Kounde or Gvardiol, a mid and an attacker he will have done a fantastic job. 

Patience.

So far, have we been seriously linked with a midfielder (FDJ rumours aside)?

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

So far, have we been seriously linked with a midfielder (FDJ rumours aside)?

No not yet. We need a DM and unfortunately I don't think there are many out there.

17 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Please I beg of you now, stop posting shit like this that more than half of us can't read!!! Let me put this as simple as I can that post says to me as this says to you.....

hfjdodjdjxlxndjdifiirjtjt93929ehfndlsps9shdbfjcocjgkdmeosodjckdkd. Kdkdldmfnclxldjejeieiwo294urjfod9snsnskwodjdjdkdkdkd.kdidoeieiekejdjfkcnxlspwowjejrnrjfod9wi2u3irkdndn.kdkejeirjfkdoeoe

I think you get my point.

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

Overacting a little bit there by the way. 

So far Todd has done a good job.

If we get Kounde or Gvardiol, a mid and an attacker he will have done a fantastic job. 

Patience.

hard to be patient when we have first PL game in 2 weeks and preseasson is already running.

Just now, Kong said:

Please I beg of you now, stop posting shit like this that more than half of us can't read!!! Let me put this as simple as I can that post says to me as this says to you.....

hfjdodjdjxlxndjdifiirjtjt93929ehfndlsps9shdbfjcocjgkdmeosodjckdkd. Kdkdldmfnclxldjejeieiwo294urjfod9snsnskwodjdjdkdkdkd.kdidoeieiekejdjfkcnxlspwowjejrnrjfod9wi2u3irkdndn.kdkejeirjfkdoeoe

Valid point but you know what is google tradutor?

Its very easy. 

23:00. Sevilla continues to cross documents with Chelsea. Until this time, FCBarcelona has NOT contacted the SFC. Any information to the contrary is FALSE.

10 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

hard to be patient when we have first PL game in 2 weeks and preseasson is already running.

Pre season is a piss poor excuse not to be patient, sick of hearing about it. Pre season is to build fitness levels and get rid of the rust and promote your club in different country's. These players will have already started pre season with their own clubs. Tactics they will learn day in day out when normal training resumes.

11 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Valid point but you know what is google tradutor?

Its very easy. 

23:00. Sevilla continues to cross documents with Chelsea. Until this time, FCBarcelona has NOT contacted the SFC. Any information to the contrary is FALSE.

Shouldn't have to Google translate in an English forum, if you wanna post that stuff you should make the effort to translate it not me.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

make sure to buy one of these

ee9f38b406a48eaa220a83ae8728b6bc.png

Sorry i ran out of monopoly money. Its true tho leeds will take any payment I could of saved a fortune over the years. Tomorrow I'm going to the bank to try pay my house off with 26 bags of shit an old bus ticket and what ever tab ends I find on the way!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Kong said:

you just need to press one button lol

16 minutes ago, Artandur said:

It says "translate tweet" below the text

It doesn't.  Unless u mean on twitter its self which I don't use because I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than use that shit lol 

Edited by Kong