Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If we loan for Lukaku to inter for just 17m, the overall financial loss will be gargantuan. At least when measured mark-to-market. Lukaku's market value will be cut in half in the next few months just bc of his age. Even if he sets serie A on fire, no on will ever buy him.

Loan deal is beyond stupid if it does not include obligation to buy but makes sense given how braindead our board is.

Still don’t understand how Inter are going to play Lukaku, Lautaro, and Dybala together. 

But if we are trying to swap for anyone at Inter other than Lautaro it should only be for Skriniar or Bastoni. I’ve seen Dumfries linked but he’s shite and nowhere near Chelsea quality. De Vrij is pretty good but I think we can do much better elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Still don’t understand how Inter are going to play Lukaku, Lautaro, and Dybala together. 

But if we are trying to swap for anyone at Inter other than Lautaro it should only be for Skriniar or Bastoni. I’ve seen Dumfries linked but he’s shite and nowhere near Chelsea quality. De Vrij is pretty good but I think we can do much better elsewhere.

Chelsea quality? 

Drinkwater barkley Hudson odoi werner zyiech alonso kepa RLC lukakuu Jorginho Emerson just some examples, we have hardly been brimming with quality for a long time lol.

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Dumfries Brozovic Barella LWB

Dybala

Lukaku Martinez

20 minutes ago, Kong said:

Chelsea quality? 

Drinkwater barkley Hudson odoi werner zyiech alonso kepa RLC lukakuu Jorginho Emerson just some examples, we have hardly been brimming with quality for a long time lol.

Lukaku was their best player, and he is nowhere near Chelsea quality. What are on about?

I would not want any of Inter player, only if it gets rid of Lukaku I would take.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/15/inter-hold-talks-over-bringing-romelu-lukaku-back-on-loan-from-Chelsea

Internazionale have started talks with Chelsea over signing Romelu Lukaku on a loan, with the striker increasingly confident his wish to join his former club will be granted.

Chelsea told Lukaku last week they were prepared to let him leave and the chances of a deal going through will hinge on how much Inter are willing to pay as a loan fee for the 29-year-old and whether they are prepared to pick up a large portion of his £325,000-a-week wages. The Italian club cannot afford to sign him on a permanent basis.

Lukaku, who endured a turbulent season after joining Chelsea for a club record £97.5m, is aware he could need to take a wage cut if the transfer is to go through. Chelsea are also likely to need to subsidise part of his earnings. They are seeking about £20m for the loan, with Inter hopeful of paying a smaller fee.

Reports in Italy have suggested that Inter, who have also been trying to sign Paulo Dybala, could offer players to Chelsea in return for Lukaku. Denzel Dumfries, the right wing-back, is the latest linked with Chelsea, though a loan is a likelier outcome

---------------

So we will paying to send him on loan? Does not make sense to me, if he wants to go back he will accept a wage cut and that is what Inter should be paying as well getting 20 million sounds good. 

31 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But no one has accepted blame for the Lukaku deal?

Surely that person should be held accountable. 

On reddit there are some blokes who claim in was McLachlan who recommended to utilize the funds for a ST over Tchouameni. Apparently he pushed for Lukaku's return and made the Saul loan recommendation. 

If true, this surely is an immediate sacking. 

54 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lukaku was their best player, and he is nowhere near Chelsea quality. What are on about?

I would not want any of Inter player, only if it gets rid of Lukaku I would take.

Read my post!!!! Chelsea and quality is something that doesn't go together very often when transfers are involved.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12634587/romelu-lukaku-inter-milan-confident-of-securing-Chelsea-strikers-loan-return

The clubs held further talks today over the make up of the deal.

One source has told Sky Sports News there is a €5m gap between the €10m Chelsea want and the €5m Inter want to pay in a loan fee.
-------------
We are asking for only 10 million and they want to pay 5 million? We are definitely run by idiots! 
Pay Inter 100 million and now give him back for free? 
Edited by Fernando

39 minutes ago, Kong said:

Yeah and watch lukaku bang a hattrick in lmao 

Not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

120m down the drain, @Tomo. Still sticking with Torres being a worse transfer?

Yes, purely because we stuck with him for three and a half years. Getting Torres meant we couldn't put our name in the hat for Aguero, Falcao and Cavani when they became available and we started signing players (and managers in Rafa's case) who would have worked/did work well with the prime version to try and coax something resembling form from him. Not to mention the toxic positivity the crowd and his fanboys spread every time he done something resembling a footballer.

As terrible as Lukaku has been we thankfully seem to be getting shot early and Tuchel quickly dropped him.

If we’re at the stage that the club is actively talking to Inter about sending him back there then surely a replacement is already agreed and ready to go.

Whether or not that’s a traditional striker I guess we’ll find out soon.

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not going to happen.

Yes, purely because we stuck with him for three and a half years. Getting Torres meant we couldn't put our name in the hat for Aguero, Falcao and Cavani when they became available and we started signing players (and managers in Rafa's case) who would have worked/did work well with the prime version to try and coax something resembling form from him. Not to mention the toxic positivity the crowd and his fanboys spread every time he done something resembling a footballer.

As terrible as Lukaku has been we thankfully seem to be getting shot early and Tuchel quickly dropped him.

Lukaku is actually a brilliant player if u build a team around him but and I stress the BUT playing around him makes u worse of a team.

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we’re at the stage that the club is actively talking to Inter about sending him back there then surely a replacement is already agreed and ready to go.

Jesus maybe? 

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe. 

I see it as a great big elephant in the room that needs addressing immediately. We cannot, I repeat, cannot go into next season with him still here. He will sulk and drain the life out of the training ground and dressing room, disrupting morale.