Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Fraudgate out

So many fans already knighted him. Sir Fraudgate. I don’t see what they see.

Our team has our own fraud to deal with, made worse by the players performing despite his playing players out of position constantly.  

56 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lol why did this thread became a England NT thread?

Anyway I think it is nuts to sign a player that can’t pass a physical.

Seems like it's a minor surgery for Kounde.

Most likely the club will wait for him to recover and snap him up in time for pre-season. 

Until then, silence.

52 minutes ago, Hermione said:

De Ligt and Gvardiol works as well.

Both probably would works well. Gvardiol with his pace and ball-playing, and De Ligt with his leadership and aerial presence. The problem though both of them would be very expensive, especially De Ligt. 

Edited by Blues Forever

Still not entirely convinced about Kounde.

Kept a closer eye on him after last summer and quite frankly I don’t see him as the player which he seems to be made out to be.

Looks a decent CB but I am not really sure if it would be right to say he is an outstanding one now or could be in the future.

On De Ligt though - 100% yes though, if thats possible and not as expensive as maybe first thought, do it. His age, profile, experience, mentality and leadership skills at his age, to think he will only keep on adding to what he’s already achieved so far in his career in terms of the improvements he’s made and levels he’s played at, I think its a no brainer really.

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still not entirely convinced about Kounde.

Kept a closer eye on him after last summer and quite frankly I don’t see him as the player which he seems to be made out to be.

Looks a decent CB but I am not really sure if it would be right to say he is an outstanding one now or could be in the future.

On De Ligt though - 100% yes though, if thats possible and not as expensive as maybe first thought, do it. His age, profile, experience, mentality and leadership skills at his age, to think he will only keep on adding to what he’s already achieved so far in his career in terms of the improvements he’s made and levels he’s played at, I think its a no brainer really.

Kounde always has been an absolute non-starter. Would be an absolute brainfart masterclass from the board like so many before

Overrated player, rash, inconsistent, has regressed over the past season (added getting red cards to his game), easily riled up, tiny ADD-kid.

Now we learn he is also injured and has to do surgery. Minor or not, any surgery bears risks.

Also overpriced AF. The way this saga drags on is already a bad sign. Remember Bakayoko?

The sheer number of absolute qualtiy CBs that have switched clubs while the board sat there on AC, Toni contracts running down doing diddly squat waiting for Kounde is mind blowing. The sheer incompetence by ppl whose literal job it is to do transfers and squad planning.

Just the fact that this transfer is so damn stupid makes me certain it will happen at some point. The guy is on his way here -   by the speed of it - apparently by foot. As his legs are short and broken his arrival may still take a while.

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

He may aswell have told us which were and weren't by his actions.

Morata and Bakayoko got multiple chances so quite clearly were. 

He wanted to reunite with Emerson and Giroud in Italy so he quite clearly didn't mind those signings. Giroud was obviously him anyway due to his history wanting targetmen but get to that shortly.

Drinkwater, Bats and Barkley were largely ignored so safe to say they were club signings.

Zappa I think was a bit of both. Clearly a panic buy but when it got to the stage I think Antonio got lazy and went where he knew.

Our repeated links with targetmen were 100% driven by him. We didn't have any recent history of going after any (not even under Jose) yet Conte with a history of signing targetmen (Llorente, Bendtner, using Pelle in the national side) gets here and all of a sudden we're linked with all of them under the sun.

I have always been of the belief, that Conte got the same treatment as every other manager at Chelsea since Jose Mk.1 in that he was allowed to make suggestions but they would only be that. 

Imo, that window continued the theme of us only buying players in the 21-27 year old bracket unless we needed a quick patch as we are/were obsessed with only buying players with 'resale' value. Imo, Conte wanted players like Vidal and got given Baka/Drinky, Crandreva and got Zappa. Lukaku. 

The notion that he got more say on transfers than the managers around him, has never made sense to me. 

17 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Hopefully our loss on the Lukaku deal wont be too big.

They do mention if it makes financial sense meaning not a big loss. 

Player swap would be awesome but I don't know. I would want barella but I don't think we have a chance.