Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

That totally fucks things then, huh? Hamstrings are no joke and especially so for a player who relies on physicality and athleticism like Koundé does.

Does the new, post Roman Chelsea spend £65-70m on an injured player? 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

That totally fucks things then, huh? Hamstrings are no joke and especially so for a player who relies on physicality and athleticism like Koundé does.

Does the new, post Roman Chelsea spend £65-70m on an injured player? 

I bet we do and then he becomes a permanent starter for Hospital FC...

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are insane if we buy him now

ffs

more damaged goods

we must wait (if we are hell-bent on buying him) until January or, preferably next summer

He was an RCB option anyway.

We should go all in for an LCB option this window, since that's the one we are lacking at this point. 

The current backup there is.... Sarr.

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are insane if we buy him now

ffs

more damaged goods

we must wait (if we are hell-bent on buying him) until January or, preferably next summer

No problem, Jurrien Timber is available and most likely cheaper than Kounde.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s a hamstring tear…

I dont think it's a tear.. I think it's one of them niggling injury players have and put up with till the end of the season. Minor surgery to sort some discomfort nothing major.

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

No problem, Jurrien Timber is available and most likely cheaper than Kounde.

I do not for a second think that Timber is 1.82m, and likely not 1.79m listed elsewhere either

I watched him play for the Dutch and he was really tiny

and, unlike Kounde, he is not strong

plus he will go to Manure, more than likely

I am just not going to accept dwarf CBs for us

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is certainly true but I must say that I formed a similar low opinion of Nunez after watching the videos that are meant to make him look good. I can't remember exactly what I posted after watching them but the gist was that I did not want us to buy him.

The only thing that truly impresses me about Nunez is that Liverpool are going to sign him. In other words, it's their recent record in the transfer market, not what I've seen of Nunez, which suggests he might succeed, I'll believe that when I see it however.

This reminds me of the Torres situation. He had a growing reputation and was linked with us before moving to Anfield. I didn't rate him however and said so. Even when he made that great start with them I still didn't believe because the underlying quality told a completely different story from the number of goals he was scoring. I didn't believe it could last and it did not. Although, as usual when a player turns out not to be as good as people thought, a convenient injury was blamed when his real level began to show itself. If I had to guess then I would predict that's how it will go for Nunez also.

I feel they may have uncharacteristically panicked at City getting Haaland and felt they needed a top line player to compete.

I'm surprised both have gone down that route, both suit a poacher type player less than we do and look what happened to us when we tried to incorporate one.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

They have to be very confident [Bissouma's] charges won't stick or else this is a huge risk by them

Perhaps there's a get out clause?

Meanwhile, does anyone else have a deep uncomfortable feeling in the pit of the stomach about what Bissouma might accomplish at Spurs? I'm not happy.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Bissouma for £25m and we didn’t even try? That’s an absolute steal and a brilliant signing for Spuds.

As of this moment they look better than us. And they’re making us look like amateurs in the market. Getting their business done super quickly and with zero fuss or weeks of bidding. Perisić done, Bissouma and Spence just about done. Conte is quickly and methodically addressing all of Spuds’ weaknesses with significant upgrades in those key positions. Just 1 or 2 more signings and they’ll have totally completed their business weeks before their preseason even starts.

Meanwhile, silence from us who have so much work to do after we heard repeatedly about how we were going to be quick and decisive once the season was over. 🙄🙄🙄