Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Bit annoying as I had suggested Perisic, Spence and Bissouma as possible pick ups for Chelsea this summer and it looks like all will end up at Spurs.

It's good transfer business by them and they look like they're being as prompt as possible to give Conte no reason's to kick off just yet.

However I would have been looking at all of the above options as squad players here. Perisic and Spence would have been superb rotational options at wing back for us, but I don't believe either is better than Chilwell or James in the wing back roles. At Spurs they are likely both going in as first choice.

Bissouma similarly. I feel he has the potential to make a step up but I wouldn't look at him as a game changing signing. For us he'd be a smart pick up for the price to allow us to transition away from Kante but also still present us the opportunity to move for a bigger target in the future like Rice or Bellingham.

I'm not prepared to compare and contrast teams until the season is here and window is closed. If our transfer activity has been deemed inefficient and ineffective by that point then there will be questions being asked, but I like the sound of some of the players we are being linked with in defence and attack and really the only name that seems to come up for the midfield is Rice anyway. Hopefully we can have 3 or 4 new faces in by pre season and some positivity flowing back through the club.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Bit annoying as I had suggested Perisic, Spence and Bissouma as possible pick ups for Chelsea this summer and it looks like all will end up at Spurs.

It's good transfer business by them and they look like they're being as prompt as possible to give Conte no reason's to kick off just yet.

However I would have been looking at all of the above options as squad players here. Perisic and Spence would have been superb rotational options at wing back for us, but I don't believe either is better than Chilwell or James in the wing back roles. At Spurs they are likely both going in as first choice.

Bissouma similarly. I feel he has the potential to make a step up but I wouldn't look at him as a game changing signing. For us he'd be a smart pick up for the price to allow us to transition away from Kante but also still present us the opportunity to move for a bigger target in the future like Rice or Bellingham.

I'm not prepared to compare and contrast teams until the season is here and window is closed. If our transfer activity has been deemed inefficient and ineffective by that point then there will be questions being asked, but I like the sound of some of the players we are being linked with in defence and attack and really the only name that seems to come up for the midfield is Rice anyway. Hopefully we can have 3 or 4 new faces in by pre season and some positivity flowing back through the club.

Preseason is in three weeks so doubtful. Kounde will be injured and god knows what we are doing with Dembele. And Spurs have something we don't, wingback depth and cover. Reguilon, Peresic, Davies, Emerson, and Spence. 

They are on course to finish above us and comfortably too. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

1 minute ago, Kong said:

Well good to see none of you are panicking just yet....

You do realise in the past 20 years every season we've resorted to late transfer dealings resulted in a horrible season, right?

Edited by MoroccanBlue

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Preseason is in three weeks so doubtful. Kounde will be injured and god knows what we are doing with Dembele. And Spurs have something we don't, wingback depth and cover. Reguilon, Peresic, Davies, Emerson, and Spence. 

They are on course to finish above us and comfortably too. 

Let's be honest though is Reguilon, Davies, Emerson Royal and Doherty any better than our current depth of Alonso, Emerson, Azpilicueta and Loftus-Cheek? Which crop of players would you rather have?

They had to buy 2 new starting wing backs because their actual options currently are awful. The 2 new wing backs they're buying in my opinion are at least a level or two below our first choice still. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Let's be honest though is Reguilon, Davies, Emerson Royal and Doherty any better than our current depth of Alonso, Emerson, Azpilicueta and Loftus-Cheek? Which crop of players would you rather have?

They had to buy 2 new starting wing backs because their actual options currently are awful. The 2 new wing backs they're buying in my opinion are at least a level or two below our first choice still. 

Take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute. Spurs managed to finish 3rd in this second half of the season whilst we were relying on Alonso and Azpilicueta and they relied on Reguilon and Emerson. Was our wingback depth all of a sudden not an issue this season? 

Perisic and Spence are no Chilwell (Who we don't even know how he'll be after his ACL injury) and James but you are fooling yourself if you think Azpilicueta and Alonso are better than Reguilon and Emerson who were a revelation under Conte this second half of the season. 

40 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute. Spurs managed to finish 3rd in this second half of the season whilst we were relying on Alonso and Azpilicueta and they relied on Reguilon and Emerson. Was our wingback depth all of a sudden not an issue this season? 

Perisic and Spence are no Chilwell (Who we don't even know how he'll be after his ACL injury) and James but you are fooling yourself if you think Azpilicueta and Alonso are better than Reguilon and Emerson who were a revelation under Conte this second half of the season. 

Emerson makes Paulo Ferreira look like a Reece and Trent hybrid going forward but I agree Regullion is better than given credit for.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

That said, I am impressed by Spurs work, they're improving the holes they have quickly and at low cost. Just out of interest are there still people out there that believe Conte was the main man directing transfer strategy in 2017? 

He may aswell have told us which were and weren't by his actions.

Morata and Bakayoko got multiple chances so quite clearly were. 

He wanted to reunite with Emerson and Giroud in Italy so he quite clearly didn't mind those signings. Giroud was obviously him anyway due to his history wanting targetmen but get to that shortly.

Drinkwater, Bats and Barkley were largely ignored so safe to say they were club signings.

Zappa I think was a bit of both. Clearly a panic buy but when it got to the stage I think Antonio got lazy and went where he knew.

Our repeated links with targetmen were 100% driven by him. We didn't have any recent history of going after any (not even under Jose) yet Conte with a history of signing targetmen (Llorente, Bendtner, using Pelle in the national side) gets here and all of a sudden we're linked with all of them under the sun.

Edited by Tomo

49 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

On the flip side of the blue tinted glasses is the idea the grass is always greener on the other side. I'd argue Spurs finished 3rd completely dependent on that front 3 and for the first time seemingly forever keeping Kane fit all year, the rest of their squad is distinctly average. Granted they are doing a good job improving areas of that squad but they are in the same position still of being reliant on Kane and Son staying fit through the season.

Go and find what Spurs fans think of Emerson Royal. If you think he was a revelation that's your opinion, but every time I watched him he was barely better than useless in every possible characteristic and I know the vast majority of Spurs fans don't rate him whatsoever.

And there's talk that Reguilon might get moved back to Spain as he's out of favour at Spurs. He's been ok, but he's someone a lot of this fan base was raging about Spurs buying for a cheaper price than Chilwell a couple of years ago. He's never hit the heights that the hype suggested.

I don't think there's much difference between those wing back options as depth though with the only real difference being ours are much older and started showing their age last season when having to play every game. 

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He may aswell have told us which were and weren't by his actions.

Morata and Bakayoko got multiple chances so quite clearly were. 

He wanted to reunite with Emerson and Giroud and Italy so he quite clearly didn't mind those signings. Giroud was obviously him anyway due to his history wanting targetmen but get to that shortly.

Drinkwater, Bats and Barkley were largely ignored so safe to say they were club signings.

Zappa I think was a bit of both. Clearly a panic buy but when it got to the stage I think Antonio got lazy and went where he knew.

Our repeated links with targetmen were 100% driven by him. We didn't have any recent history of going after any (not even under Jose) yet Conte with a history of signing targetmen (Llorente, Bendtner, using Pelle in the national side) gets here and all of a sudden we're linked with all of them under the sun.

Don't forget a 36 year old Peter Crouch!

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You do realise in the past 20 years every season we've resorted to late transfer dealings resulted in a horrible season, right?

Chill ya beans pal, transfer Windows only been open two minutes and your hours away from your arse hole landing in your shoe. We will sign players and you know it. If its true TT has been given full control then that happend weeks ago not 6 months, New owners and Sanctions been lifted.....

None of our rivals had that problem NONE.