Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

Tbh, we are going to take a while to get our transfers done. We have just had a change in ownership and we have a lot of issues in terms of contracts and deadwood. For me, the most pressing concern is James and Mount. They need to be pinned down to new contracts before anything else as otherwise we could drop the ball on them like we did AC and Rudi. 

That said, I am impressed by Spurs work, they're improving the holes they have quickly and at low cost. Just out of interest are there still people out there that believe Conte was the main man directing transfer strategy in 2017? 

But should it really though? I mean the woman's team signed a player and Gilmour signed a contract extension.

So it's not like things CANT happen quickly with new ownership. 

Whatever the reason, they're slow. End of.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

All 3 of the other top 4 teams have now strengthened. Whereas we have taken a significant step back so far.

Liverpool are bringing Nunez in to fill in the holes left by Mane's impending departure, Origi going to Milan and Minamino seemingly close to leaving as well. I wouldn't exactly call that "strengthening".

44 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

But should it really though? I mean the woman's team signed a player and Gilmour signed a contract extension.

So it's not like things CANT happen quickly with new ownership. 

Whatever the reason, they're slow. End of.

To be fair, and reading between the lines, the two CFCW signings were agreed before the sanctions were imposed and so were ready to go as soon as the takeover was done.

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To be fair, and reading between the lines, the two CFCW signings were agreed before the sanctions were imposed and so were ready to go as soon as the takeover was done.

Erm excuse me mate, you can't come here talking  sense, this is for over reactions and pure disaster comments only lol.

I think they are doing the right thing if they sell because the trend these last 2 years is to run down your contract and leave for nothing. 

So in the 2 year of contract if you don't extend you should look to sell. 

I think a lot of clubs will be wise to consider this trend and start doing the same when you get to 2 years left in your contract. 

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

On the flip side of the blue tinted glasses is the idea the grass is always greener on the other side. I'd argue Spurs finished 3rd completely dependent on that front 3 and for the first time seemingly forever keeping Kane fit all year, the rest of their squad is distinctly average. Granted they are doing a good job improving areas of that squad but they are in the same position still of being reliant on Kane and Son staying fit through the season.

Go and find what Spurs fans think of Emerson Royal. If you think he was a revelation that's your opinion, but every time I watched him he was barely better than useless in every possible characteristic and I know the vast majority of Spurs fans don't rate him whatsoever.

And there's talk that Reguilon might get moved back to Spain as he's out of favour at Spurs. He's been ok, but he's someone a lot of this fan base was raging about Spurs buying for a cheaper price than Chilwell a couple of years ago. He's never hit the heights that the hype suggested.

I don't think there's much difference between those wing back options as depth though with the only real difference being ours are much older and started showing their age last season when having to play every game. 

I remember people wrote off Liverpool last season based on their window. Ofcourse not saying we'll get 90 plus points but similarly we were in a bit of a false position last season due to the mitigating circumstances (Covid ravaged December then ownership issues).

Also 2019 when we lost Hazard couldn't sign anyone while Tottenham, Arsenal and United played supermarket sweep there were similar sweeping statements about how all three will leave us for dust, two finished comfortably behind us (and haven't got back above us since) while the other needed goal difference to finish above us.