Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Clown car car contractual management yet again. Parting gifts from Marina and the board.

If Rudiger leaves on a free as well, we are so fucked. 

The Rüdiger negotiations I can agree look terrible. World class CB, leader in the dressing room, one of our most important players. Just give him what he’s worth.

But AC in the other hand was right in the verge of signing his new contract months ago. He was apparently totally satisfied to sign. Then his agent probably got in his ear and turned his head. Plus, it’s actually understandable from his perspective to go to Barca where he’ll likely start more than he does here.

Chelsea don't want to lose 2 defenders in the same window for free, and aren't willing to let Azpilicueta join Barcelona. If Chelsea trigger the 1 year option clause in his contract, Barcelona will give up pursuing him. 

Araujo has rejected Barcelona's first offer of a contract extension. Manchester United and Chelsea are monitoring the situation.

Edited by Blues Forever

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

Clown car car contractual management yet again. Parting gifts from Marina and the board.

If Rudiger leaves on a free as well, we are so fucked. 

Pre-Tuchel did you honestly want either Rüdiger or Christensen to sign extensions? If either of them signed new deals under Lampard while playing some of the worst football of their careers, a lot of people would've been up in arms about rewarding mediocrity yet again.

Tuchel came in and both started looking good, but surely you'd want to wait a while before even thinking of starting contract negotiations to make sure it's not just a rare purple patch and then revert back to their previous level with a new high-paid five year deal in their pockets? After the 2020/21 season the cards were already firmly in the hands of the players with less than a year remaining but before then I wouldn't have considered it good business to hand either of them new deals so the situation is just really unfortunate. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Pre-Tuchel did you honestly want either Rüdiger or Christensen to sign extensions? If either of them signed new deals under Lampard while playing some of the worst football of their careers, a lot of people would've been up in arms about rewarding mediocrity yet again.

Tuchel came in and both started looking good, but surely you'd want to wait a while before even thinking of starting contract negotiations to make sure it's not just a rare purple patch and then revert back to their previous level with a new high-paid five year deal in their pockets? After the 2020/21 season the cards were already firmly in the hands of the players with less than a year remaining but before then I wouldn't have considered it good business to hand either of them new deals so the situation is just really unfortunate. 

Rudiger was good under Sarri. Lampard is a horrid defence organiser. Not fair to judge defenders under him.

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rudiger was good under Sarri. Lampard is a horrid defence organiser. Not fair to judge defenders under him.

He was decent but nowhere near world class level. At no point in the first 3,5 years of Rüdiger's time at the club did any of us think 'damn that Rüdiger is one of the best defenders in the world, we must keep him at all costs'. He played under three different managers and his peak was nowhere near the level he's now shown under Tuchel's management, I sure as hell wouldn't have shed a single tear if he'd been sold at any point pre-Tuchel arrival. 

Anyway, that still doesn't answer my question. Before summer 2021, based on their performances since coming to the club in summer 2017 would you have chosen to extend either Rüdiger or Christensen contracts?

4 hours ago, Jype said:

He was decent but nowhere near world class level. At no point in the first 3,5 years of Rüdiger's time at the club did any of us think 'damn that Rüdiger is one of the best defenders in the world, we must keep him at all costs'. He played under three different managers and his peak was nowhere near the level he's now shown under Tuchel's management, I sure as hell wouldn't have shed a single tear if he'd been sold at any point pre-Tuchel arrival. 

Anyway, that still doesn't answer my question. Before summer 2021, based on their performances since coming to the club in summer 2017 would you have chosen to extend either Rüdiger or Christensen contracts?

depends on who we got to replace them back then

15 hours ago, Jype said:

Yes

you can always sell them and get a fee.

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The moderators should do something with comments like this

what do you suggest they do?

you know nothing more than anyone else, and it is hardly an 'anti club' post

I DO hope we survive as a club, especially at our present top 5 or 6 in the world level

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Delete all these negative comments, we have enough of them in other forums no need for more, and the situation is that we will be sold soon enough most likely and everything will go back to normal sooner or later. The idea of club survival is nonsense as of now and doesn't help anyone coming here to have a read.

weren't you one of those who poo-pooed me when I said (log before this fucking Ukraine war) that there was a chance we could be seized if/when Roman was ever truly sanctioned?

If not you, then for sure others did

and well, now.....................

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Before the Ukraine war I never discussed politics with anyone and I don't really enjoy talking politics so I don't think it was me but anyways lets keep positive and hope it gets resolved in due time, if all gets sorted out maybe we can get Rudiger to sign in due time.

best thing would be for Roman to just sign over the club and the government conducts the sale ASAP

if he fights it it could be drawn out for a long chunk of time

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

The moderators should do something with comments like this, the situation isn't anywhere near as dramatic as some of you portray it will most likely be resolved come May so no need to scare people and pretend the club is going to administration or worse. Geez

We've been left in a position with no money coming in. How do you expect wages to be paid? The training ground, pitch and stadium to be operated and maintained? Travel to games?

Money will dry up very quickly, a club the size of ours. If we can't pay wages, we'll start losing players left, right and centre who I'm sure will find loopholes to get out of contracts. Who's to say we even have the finances in place to keep going until May?

Yes hopefully this can be easily resolved by an agreement being made to sell the club but it's not a guarantee. The goalposts have shifted now, nobody knows what Roman is thinking and whether he'd rather dig his heels in. Or maybe he is closer to Putin than we would like to believe - if that is the case, Putin won't care about the club and may order Roman to not do anything. At the moment there are far too many questions and not enough answers but there is a grim possibility that things could get really a lot worse if it isn't resolved asap.