Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Traore trives in better environment. 

Last 29 games for Wolves zero assists. For Barca 4 in 5 games. Should have taken him for wing back after Hakimi rejected us. 

even I came around to the idea

figures as soon as I started wanting him it fell through

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Traore trives in better environment. 

Last 29 games for Wolves zero assists. For Barca 4 in 5 games. Should have taken him for wing back after Hakimi rejected us. 

It’s easy to say. Now he plays in piss poor competitions only. Not uncommon a player leaves PL and starts firing 

It is getting hard to concentrate on signings for the future, what with the Sword of Damocles handing over our heads.

The yanks and many other are baying like rabid dogs for Abramovich's head, calling for Chelsea to be seized.

The minute that happens, Roman likely calls in the £2 billion in loans that he loaned the club, and we are basically forced to liquidate (barring someone assuming the debt and paying it off).

Edited by Vesper

It is really sad. I often used that word related to this club, but I really sensed something bad and going in the wrong direction. I related it with our disastrous way on handling signings (whether it was buying average players on high wages, buying below average players on high wages, not strengthening the team when needed, overpaying for dross like our last signing. It has started to do really damage after 2017 and it seemed to me, it would culminate this season.)

Never have I saw this coming even though I was wary of Russia - Ukraine problems. 

This is really damaging the club, far more than bad signings. WE may face some extra difficult times. There could be exodus of our players during summer if that charade takes too long. Our best hope is it to come to an end quickly.

I don't think club will be seized simply because there will likely be no buyers willing to pay that much. If they had somebody in line, they would have started it already. Maybe they delayed Roman because they wait some Arab to show interest.  We won't go under administration or bankruptcy. But we will still face consequences reflected in very difficult business conditions. 

For now, we can only wait. And hope for this to be over quickly.

Gloomy days for us Chelsea fans.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

It is getting hard to concentrate on signings for the future, what with the Sword of Damocles handing over our heads.

The yanks and many other are baying like rabid dogs for Abramovich's head, calling for Chelsea to be seized.

The minute that happens, Roman likely calls in the £2 billion in loans that he loaned the club, and we are basically forced to liquidate (barring someone assuming the debt and paying it off).

What would happen tho if the club just refused to pay back the loans? The club is solely under British jurisdiction and Abramovich can hardly call on the British justice to help him enforce the payback...

9 minutes ago, laura90 said:

It is really sad. I often used that word related to this club, but I really sensed something bad and going in the wrong direction. I related it with our disastrous way on handling signings (whether it was buying average players on high wages, buying below average players on high wages, not strengthening the team when needed, overpaying for dross like our last signing. It has started to do really damage after 2017 and it seemed to me, it would culminate this season.)

Never have I saw this coming even though I was wary of Russia - Ukraine problems. 

This is really damaging the club, far more than bad signings. WE may face some extra difficult times. There could be exodus of our players during summer if that charade takes too long. Our best hope is it to come to an end quickly.

I don't think club will be seized simply because there will likely be no buyers willing to pay that much. If they had somebody in line, they would have started it already. Maybe they delayed Roman because they wait some Arab to show interest.  We won't go under administration or bankruptcy. But we will still face consequences reflected in very difficult business conditions. 

For now, we can only wait. And hope for this to be over quickly.

Gloomy days for us Chelsea fans.

fc1ae1518dc5d8d64ef60f588ed17089.png

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What would happen tho if the club just refused to pay back the loans? The club is solely under British jurisdiction and Abramovich can hardly call on the British justice to help him enforce the payback...

It likely would end up on court, and I would hope that UK government, as the agent of seizure, would backstop the loans IF they lose in court, and thus we (as a club) can be sold to a bidder without that £2bn 'debt' looming over the club's valuation.

Edited by Vesper

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It likely would end up on court, and I would hope that UK government, as the agent of seizure, would backstop the loans IF they lose in court, and thus we (as a club) can be sold to a bidder without that £2bn 'debt' looming over the club's valuation.

Depends on the bidder. Maybe the £2bn valuation is a good thing. Imagine a Kroenke type figure or the Glazers. 

As sketchy as Roman looks on the outside, there was never a doubt in my mind he didn't care about the club. Neutrals loved to play the "we are his play thing" card, yet since his tenure no owner has shown more commitment and assurance than he has. 

I personally hope there isn't any substantial evidence tying Roman to Putin's plans. If there is, god help us on what happens next considering we have to accept the punishment. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

On 23/02/2022 at 23:35, Mário César said:

we need to make clear that we can't buy a world class play to fight for a spot with chilwell. we need a upgrade to alonso but its impossible to buy a better player than chilwell 

there are only 3 LB's who are better atm

and none are available

Alphonso Davies
Andrew Robertson
Theo Hernández  

there may soon be 4 IF Nuno Mendes continues his rise

zero chance I would swap a healthy Chilwell for Ferland Mendy

Jose Gaya is really class, but not sure if up to the EPL

there was a wild card (and I say he would already be on Chels if not for his horrid injury in the Euros)

Leonardo Spinazzola (right footed inverted LB) BUT he will not be filly fit by summer 2022 transfer window and he turns 30yo in exactly 13 months. so we would not even get one full sub 30yo season out of him

fuck Luke Shaw

that all leaves

Abdou Diallo   (can play CB as well, which is a big plus)
Renan Lodi 
Borna Sosa   
Ramy Bensebaini  
Marc Cucurella   
Caio Henrique  
Aaron Hickey  

as main options

Aaron Hickey: The Scottish teenager taking Serie A by storm on pasta, parking and playing for Mihajlovic

https://theathletic.com/3117845/2022/02/10/aaron-hickey-the-scottish-teenager-taking-serie-a-by-storm-on-pasta-parking-and-playing-for-mihajlovic/

BOLOGNA, ITALY - OCTOBER 03: (BILD OUT) Aaron Hickey of Bologna Fc celebrates after scoring his team's third goal during the Serie A match between Bologna FC v SS Lazio at Stadio Renato Dall'Ara on October 3, 2021 in Bologna, Italy. (Photo by Matteo Ciambelli/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)