Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

now if the club thinks only 2 peak ones left, plus the remainder of this one, that is where it gets tricky

They gave 5 years contract to almost 28 years old Alonso. For CBs especially should not be an issue. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

They gave 5 years contract to almost 28 years old Alonso. For CBs especially should not be an issue. 

And what a mistake that was, we couldn't even sell Alonso last summer due to his wage demand.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We want both Rice and Tchouameni? Thought it was one or the other?

Surely that means Jorginho is off?

You can completely write that tweet off because of that. No chance we’d be after two players who have the exact same role.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You can completely write that tweet off because of that. No chance we’d be after two players who have the exact same role.

Yes, in reality we need 2 DMs (starter and backup) in order to play the back four. Personally i would sign Kamara for free and save the money for other positions. Rice can wait until next year when his price would be cheaper than this summer.

Edited by Blues Forever

20 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We want both Rice and Tchouameni? Thought it was one or the other?

Surely that means Jorginho is off?

I believe we need one but I think it would be silly to buy both when you're likely looking north of £150m for the two.

I think to add one of the two to Kova, Kante and Jorginho we'd have an incredible blend of different midfield types that Tuchel could utilise. 

I wouldn't be prepared to let Jorginho or Kante be moving on any time soon. Firstly and especially when we have players on big contracts who are contributing far less at present. Saul will leave and Barkley and RLC I think would be moved on before the likes of Jorgi and Kante are considered.

I also think people are far too quick to write players off nowadays once they hit 30. We only have to look at the incredible output we've had from Thiago Silva who will be going into his third year next season having joined at nearly the age of 36. Who would have expected this to last that long? But his big game experience to the squad as a whole is just as crucial as his performances on the pitch. 

Players like Fernandinho at City and Henderson at Liverpool may not play every game any more and become more managed as they get older, but the experience for their clubs is vital and we have to be careful that we don't lose that. Yes our younger players have won a couple of trophies now which is massive for the future, but if we're going to mount a sustained title bid we need some of those experienced heads around the squad. With the future of Rudiger and Azpi still up in the air, it would be silly to let too much of that experience leave at the same time.

51 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You mention Fernandinho and Henderson but neither of which are utter liabilities off the ball as Jorginho is. If one of Kante or Kovacic aren't at 110%, we are vulnerable in midfield. 

Do you remember us conceding any goals last couple of years because of Jorginho liabilities off the ball?