Tomo

57 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

fucking madness that we are stalling and/or digging in heels

all 4 can start negotiating wiht other clubs in 2 months

especially with Rudiger

the difference is only £2.5m to £3m per year

we are offering him half of what Werner makes ffs

Azpi will renew for a 1 year

but ffs, if AC goes bonkers and refuses to resign, we might lose Thiago, AC, and Rudiger

to replace those 3 with equal quality will cost at least £120-150m or so

Marquinhos is OFF the board for sure

Bastoni is off my list for now

these are who we have had links with in the past

the first 3 will be insanely expensive

Matthijs de Ligt  (£100m at least just for him)
José María Giménez  (pass)  
Milan Skriniar 

Jules Koundé
Pau Torres      
Aymeric Laporte    
Edmond Tapsoba   
Niklas Süle 
Gianluca Mancini  
Benoît Badiashile   
Maxence Lacroix  A MUST BUY for me
Evan N'Dicka    
Sven Botman  

he is on the verge of having his career ended

4th knee injury in 2 years

Ansu Fati's injuries continue: He will miss out on Rayo Vallecano fixture

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/10/27/617935d322601d833e8b45aa.html

On 03/08/2021 at 23:11, Special Juan said:

Never read so much shite in my life....go to bed 

Well, I didn't go to bed for quite that long but I did think I'll leave it for a while to allow Lukaku to show all his fabulous abilities that he learnt in Italy to shine through that you were so confident about.

On 03/08/2021 at 20:56, Special Juan said:

I'm telling you now, so many of you are solely fucking focused on the financials you can't even see your own arse, never seen so many stupid fucking comments like "oh look it's 100m we are being robbed" who gives a flying piece of horse shit if he comes in and scores goals, can't be fucking worse than Werner last season.

Can't wait that if we sign him he fucking throws it back in your faces.

How is that going for you? Enjoying the statuesque performances where he stands in position pointing to where he wants the ball played, rather than, you know, moving the line by making off the ball runs so the AM's/CM's can actually play him in and give the AM's an opportunity to run off their markers?

On 03/08/2021 at 23:31, DDA said:

You would rather Giroud and Tammy over Lukaku.. 

Wow.

Really that crazy? I mean what goal or game has he played where we can say he has played really well against a top side (a skill that he had apparently learnt in Serie A?) I mean my whole issue with him was that beating up the likes of Zenit and Villa didn't make a €100m signing. 

From what I have seen so far he has been pocketed by VDV (even in the first half before we went down to 10 men), Dias and the Juve pair (i.e. the only decent CB's he has really come up against) then had pretty much the same sort of games as Giroud and Tammy had against the others. 

Only goal you can maybe say he got other than those two was his second against Villa when the game was already won. 

Additionally, last time I checked Giroud was outscoring Lukaku in Serie A on a minute to goal ratio and that was with Lukaku taking penos. 

Edited by King Kante

14 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well, I didn't go to bed for quite that long but I did think I'll leave it for a while to allow Lukaku to show all his fabulous abilities that he learnt in Italy to shine through that you were so confident about.

How is that going for you? Enjoying the statuesque performances where he stands in position pointing to where he wants the ball played, rather than, you know, moving the line by making off the ball runs so the AM's/CM's can actually play him in and give the AM's an opportunity to run off their markers?

Really that crazy? I mean what goal or game has he played where we can say he has played really well against a top side (a skill that he had apparently learnt in Serie A?) I mean my whole issue with him was that beating up the likes of Zenit and Villa didn't make a €100m signing. 

From what I have seen so far he has been pocketed by VDV (even in the first half before we went down to 10 men), Dias and the Juve pair (i.e. the only decent CB's he has really come up against) then had pretty much the same sort of games as Giroud and Tammy had against the others. 

Only goal you can maybe say he got other than those two was his second against Villa when the game was already won. 

Additionally, last time I checked Giroud was outscoring Lukaku in Serie A on a minute to goal ratio and that was with Lukaku taking penos. 

Was wondering where have you been. 🤣

On 31/10/2021 at 13:50, DDA said:

Admittedly Lukaku has looked shite since joining us but he has to come good... he just has too.

Honestly buddy, I wouldn't hold your breath. This is how he played at Utd and Inter. Only reason people got excited about him at Inter was due to him playing against weaker teams and only looking at stats/highlights. 

Edited by King Kante

On 31/10/2021 at 18:32, Tomo said:

Stick to the false 9 and get Raphinha in next summer.

Lukaku can play a part till then then go wherever Conte is.

Raphinha is an interesting player but not really the level we should be aspiring.

We will never get even a fraction of his value back. The club was fully aware that this might very well be 200m down the drain but they desperately wanted to back TT to keep us on track to win more big titles. they thought Lukaku wold be the one to deliver them. Ironically we have looked our best this season without Lukaku and without a traditional no.9. the pressure to play Rom could well cost us points. Highly skilled defenders have usually rendered him ineffective in big games on int level as well as for Juve or ManUre. Lukaku can still be useful in certain situations but we have to believe in the gameplan we have had under TT before his arrival, especially in the big games.

20 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Raphinha is an interesting player but not really the level we should be aspiring.

Should not we found new Mane, Salah instead of buying new winger for 100m like Chiesa which is unrealistic in any possible way?

We are scouting Raphinha since his Portugal days... 10 goals and 9 assists in PL in minutes equal to 35 games is amazing return for a winger. I think he has ability to play for Chelsea.

But I also believe in CHO and Pulisic.

36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We will never get even a fraction of his value back. The club was fully aware that this might very well be 200m down the drain but they desperately wanted to back TT to keep us on track to win more big titles. they thought Lukaku wold be the one to deliver them. Ironically we have looked our best this season without Lukaku and without a traditional no.9. the pressure to play Rom could well cost us points. Highly skilled defenders have usually rendered him ineffective in big games on int level as well as for Juve or ManUre. Lukaku can still be useful in certain situations but we have to believe in the gameplan we have had under TT before his arrival, especially in the big games.

I thought the same but have watched him a bit more recently and have been impressed with him as his close control is good, he has a good shot on him, presses well and he always will to take someone on. Will he be a world class player? Probably not, but I can see him being productive. Only issue I see is how he would handle low block defences as he won't get the space he gets at Leeds at a top 4/6 side. 

One thing that really stands out for him about him however is how determined he is. He gets some rough treatment at times but still picks himself up and gets on with his game. This I feel is a bit of an underappriciated quality and something that non-PL players can take a while to deal with. For instance, Werner is a prime example of someone who seems pretty overawed/scared by the intensity of the league. 

As for Lukaku, 100% agree, he shouldn't be in the starting XI against the good teams as his limitations and lack of pressing make him a passenger. I was telling everyone he was still a the same player as he was at Utd when we were linked but they obviously got carried away by some Youtube videos or simply don't understand football. Insane transfer with the money he cost, his age and wage. 

Edited by King Kante

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Should not we found new Mane, Salah instead of buying new winger for 100m like Chiesa which is unrealistic in any possible way?

We are scouting Raphinha since his Portugal days... 10 goals and 9 assists in PL in minutes equal to 35 games is amazing return for a winger. I think he has ability to play for Chelsea.

But I also believe in CHO and Pulisic.

We found the real Salah and still sold him. This club is not the right environment for slow starters to reach their full potential.

Mane is a better shot, he was the same age as Raphinha is now when he moved to Liverpool.

14 hours ago, King Kante said:

I thought the same but have watched him a bit more recently and have been impressed with him as his close control is good, he has a good shot on him, presses well and he always will to take someone on. Will he be a world class player? Probably not, but I can see him being productive. Only issue I see is how he would handle low block defences as he won't get the space he gets at Leeds at a top 4/6 side. 

One thing that really stands out for him about him however is how determined he is. He gets some rough treatment at times but still picks himself up and gets on with his game. This I feel is a bit of an underappriciated quality and something that non-PL players can take a while to deal with. For instance, Werner is a prime example of someone who seems pretty overawed/scared by the intensity of the league. 

As for Lukaku, 100% agree, he shouldn't be in the starting XI against the good teams as his limitations and lack of pressing make him a passenger. I was telling everyone he was still a the same player as he was at Utd when we were linked but they obviously got carried away by some Youtube videos or simply don't understand football. Insane transfer with the money he cost, his age and wage. 

I take your word for it. Only followed Raphinha once he joined the PL and was impressed with his pace and shooting but didn't think the full package is significantly above average. I thought there are quite a few prospects at this level in the league thinking of Sarr, Jota, Greenwood, Martial, Barnes. I guess we will see but I doubt the club will ever go in for Raphinha. But what you mention, his ability to take a hit and carry on combined with his pace and technique is something that makes mane and salah (only outside the box lol) so devastating.