Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I'm not saying I watch Milan week-bye-week, but saw them several times last season. Not impressed by him at all.

I don't feel getting a new LB is a priority. With Alonso and Chilwell we have two different type of players, both of them can perform in high level when in shape. If I had to chose, I like the Pedraza guy from Villarreal(hovewer I only saw him a couple of times in EL last season) and I think Matt Targett would also do the job for us.

Theo would be a luxury signing, could use him against weaker sides who park the bus against us.

Hard pass on Pedraza, I watched a lot of him when we were linked. 

Targett is already at his level of club.

It all comes down to how long we can milk good seasons out of Alonso.

He turns 32 in December 2022, and there are extreme few fullbacks/wingbacks who are still great on season in which they are or turn 33yo, so ext season is probably the last at top level for him.

I list Theo all the time, BUT if you look at my transfers wants, LB is the last one of the biggies

after

DMF

CB (especially if we fail to resign Rudiger)

CMF (Saul is looking shaky AF atm)

Winger (as 'Puli The Injured', Ziyech and CHO (who doesn't even play winger much now anyway) are just not performing to a level we need, hopefully that changes, and also, this position for me and my wants, is down to one player, the crazy hard to pull Chiesa, so I am very difficult to please here, as the only other one I love is Mbappe and he sure AF is not coming here. Winger as a global position, in terms of remotely available players, is SO weak atm, and will only get weaker over as many of the big boys hit 30yo an older very soon.  The only weaker position overall is the absolutely atrocious state of available great RB's, thus my freakout (the only one of the window) when we lost out on Hakimi, who is tearing shit up for PSG. I would have to say (funny that Villa is mentioned again, lol) that gun to my head, IF we had to by a RB this instant (well January or summer 2022) Matty Cash is probably it, unless we roll the dice on Joakim Maehle. James Justin would be in there (as Leicester have 3 good RB's), but his knee (bad ACL injury) is destroyed atm.

then LB (although in summer 2023 LB leaps to the top or near it)

Der Spiegel claimed Werner signed a pre-contract with Bayern.

In the summer of 2020, Timo Werner moved from RB Leipzig to London. But according to a report by "SPIEGEL", he is said to have already signed a contract with FC Bayern during the 2018/19 season. This is said to have been terminated again afterwards. 

From a brief, which is available to the "SPIEGEL" and according to which is to be the subject of a court dispute at the Regional Court of Mosbach (Baden-Württemberg), it emerges: That Werner was to move from RB Leipzig to the German record champion on July 1, 2020.

This burst transfer was made public by a million-dollar dispute between the two advisors Karlheinz Förster (63) and Murat Lokurlu (45), which is to be heard in court on September 28. The internationals Timo Werner and Niklas Süle (26/Bayern) are involved in this dispute.

Lokurlu claims to have been a partner in the handling of Werner's transfer to Chelsea. With regard to Werner, the trial documents state that "Timo Werner had already quietly and secretly signed a temporary employment contract ... with FC Bayern Munich in the meantime at the urging of the plaintiff (Förster, editor) - the player was not too keen on this." The Werner advisor at the time and ex-national player Förster had accordingly urged the striker to take the step.

As the SPIEGEL writes, Werner, after he had "reluctantly signed", learned that the then Bayern coach Niko Kovač and sports director Hasan Salihamidžić were against a commitment. The contract had the then still ruling president Uli Hoeneß arranged

Timo Werner and FC Bayern München left inquiries from SPIEGEL on this unanswered. A lawyer for Förster wrote that his client does not "in principle" urge customers to sign contracts.

Additional leak from Der Spiegel on Sule:

As evidence for the alleged false claim in the trial files from Lokurlu's side is quoted, among other things, from WhatsApp messages from Süle. On November 12, 2018, he wrote to Lokurlu: "Check the offers from England if anyone wants me there." And further: "If someone says he would take me from the big clubs let me know," "Arsenal Liverpool Chelsea but preferably Manu", i.e. Manchester United. "Seriously?" asks Lokurlu. Süle: "Yes dead serious". And later: "Okay super Murat would be top if you get this moving".

One day later Lokurlu contacts Süle. He had been in contact with Manchester United and Chelsea, both were interested. A meeting with Manchester United was finally arranged for November 29. "Thanks Murat," Süle wrote afterwards, "Super that will be awesome."

2019 then another attempt. Late in the evening of October 4, Süle wrote via WhatsApp to Lokurlu: "Do you know someone from Tottenham?". Three days earlier, Süle had played with Bayern Munich in the Champions League at the London club Tottenham Hotspur, result: 7:2 for Munich. The adviser answered in the affirmative, saying that he was on the phone regularly with a decision-maker at the club. Süle: "I want to Tottenham such an awesome club". And shortly after: "London nice city stadium fans brutal".

Edited by Blues Forever

11 minutes ago, milka said:
Jules Kounde looking like vital target right now 

If he can earn that elsewhere I do not begrudge him that, its his personal choice to do so, if he has those offers. I personally do not believe he performs at the level he is without the manager we have.

43 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Remember Ramsey salary at Juve? 

Or Alaba now? 

Teams like PSG could easily give Rudi some crazy salary and big signing fee on top. 

Can't see us matching that. 

He is entitled to maximize profit while his stock is at its peak but we will not become a legend anywhere then. It is a trade-off.

I think Toni is massively overestimating himself tho. His 9 months of world class form are unprecedented in his career and IMO only possible bc of Tuchel and his resolute 3-4-3. Albeit he is arguably the most important piece of that back 3 as he has a unique role, he is not irreplacable. Players with his physical and technical characteristics exist and are on the market.

Also never forget that Jogi Löw tried Rüdiger in the exact same position in a back 3 at the euros and he sucked balls, was possibly worse than Hummels and definitely worse than Ginter. I don't see him ever replicating the type of performances he enjoys under TT.

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Remember Ramsey salary at Juve? 

Or Alaba now? 

Teams like PSG could easily give Rudi some crazy salary and big signing fee on top. 

Can't see us matching that. 

It was very iffy if we would cough up £200K PW. £400K PW is utter madness.

Bye bye Rudi, IF true (I do not trust the source 100%)