Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Chelsea made an attempt this summer to sign Marquinhos, and were ready to offer up to €100m. Marquinhos and PSG said no. PSG ambitions in the transfer market have convinced the player to continue with the club.

I wouldn't have left either

its the only year he can say he played with Mbappe, Messi, and Neymar all on the same team, plus he gets to partner with Sergio Ramos in what is likely Ramos's last year at remotely top form (maybe, maybe next year too, but that is a coin toss atm if he is still viable)

plus PSG would have been crazy to sell, if they are (and they ARE) all in one on last (unless they somehow lose Mbappe yet GAIN Håland) galactico level team GRAND run at the CL

next summer (2022) is the last year Marquinhos stays at or near the top of my CB buy lists, as he turns 29 near the end of next season, and NO WAY do I condone dropping huge money for a CB who turns 30yo in the season we buy him (if he bought him summer 2023)

the summer 2022 window is the last big go round (in terms of giant moves that will play out for the next 4, 5 years or so (like Mbappe and Håland for example) or are the last big ones of their careers) for so so so many huge players (and some have already missed the truly mega cash-ins, like all of Pools Big 3, all of who will be 30yo by next summers window)

come August 31, 2022 we will know the destiny for (or found out this summer 2021, those are in bold)

Kylian Mbappé   
Erling Haaland    
Harry Kane    (he turns 29 in mid summer, so the last chance for him to go for truly big cash)
Jadon Sancho   
Mohamed Salah   
Romelu Lukaku  
Neymar    
Sadio Mané  
Lautaro Martínez    
Lionel Messi    
Matthijs de Ligt   (maybe, surely he leaves if no CL for Juve)
Marquinhos    
Declan Rice    (maybe)
Federico Chiesa    (maybe) my number 2 want
Sergej Milinković-Savić   (maybe)
Raphaël Varane   
Jan Oblak    (contract expires in 2023, he turns 30yo in 15 months, so next summer is massive)  
Gianluigi Donnarumma    
Nicolò Barella    (maybe) my number one want  
Jack Grealish 
Jules Koundé    
Achraf Hakimi  
Gabriel Jesus  
Alessandro Bastoni    (maybe) my number 3 want
Milan Skriniar    
Antoine Griezmann    
Paul Pogba  
Robert Lewandowski   
Eduardo Camavinga    
Jude Bellingham   (maybe) my number 1 want for 2023
Franck Kessié  
David Alaba 
Victor Osimhen    (maybe)
Theo Hernández   (maybe) by far my number one fullback want
Ousmane Dembélé   
Paulo Dybala  
Roberto Firmino    
Kalidou Koulibaly 
Rúben Neves    
Anthony Martial  
Aymeric Laporte  
Memphis Depay   
Wilfried Zaha   
Cristiano Ronaldo   
Houssem Aouar    
Nuno Mendes    
Carlos Soler    
Dusan Vlahovic   
Kalvin Phillips   
Alexander Isak   (maybe)
Rodrigo de Paul  
Saúl Ñíguez    
Christian Eriksen (95% likely he is retired)   
Mauro Icardi   
Tammy Abraham 
Boubacar Kamara   (maybe)
Jonathan David   (maybe)
Manuel Locatelli   
Filip Kostic    
Ryan Gravenberch    (maybe)
Bruno Guimarães   (maybe)
Aurélien Tchouaméni   
Donyell Malen   
Donny van de Beek    
André Onana   
Adama Traoré   
Philippe Coutinho   
Georginio Wijnaldum   
Maxence Lacroix   (maybe)
Sven Botman  (maybe)
Ben White   
Jérémy Doku   
Leonardo Spinazzola   
Ilaix Moriba  
Silas Katompa Mvumpa  
Yves Bissouma    
Ridle Baku  
Alessio Romagnoli 
Ismaïla Sarr 
Sergio Ramos 

Find it difficult to believe we’d spend 100 million for Marquinhos when we walked away from the Kounde deal that was 55 million +. Not to mention we were also penny pinching for a CM. 

We probably enquirer and PSG slapped the 100 million tag. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Turning out to be the all important signing for them so far.

and my other side wingback number one want Theo, is killing it for AC Milan

ff69c930ab155ecec77a50db5f4c3a27.png

as Robertson only has (after this season) one full sub 30yo season left (2022-2023)

it would be flip a coin (almost) for me if I could take any LB/LWB on the planet (Alphonso Davis versus Theo)

I would still probably roll with Davis, but Theo is surging

32 minutes ago, Vesper said:

ff69c930ab155ecec77a50db5f4c3a27.png

as Robertson only has (after this season) one full sub 30yo season left (2022-2023)

it would be flip a coin (almost) for me if I could take any LB/LWB on the planet (Alphonso Davis versus Theo)

I would still probably roll with Davis, but Theo is surging

They certainly are two great options. Theo's defensive frailties have always put me off him as an LB, but he's certainly improved from his time in Spain. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Horrible player in my opinion.. Kind of left back who I feel became defender because he wasn't  good enough for winger so they put him back. His defensive skills are awful. Reminds me on Fabio Coentrao. Even Alonso defending better.

4 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Horrible player in my opinion.. Kind of left back who I feel became defender because he wasn't  good enough for winger so they put him back. His defensive skills are awful. Reminds me on Fabio Coentrao. Even Alonso defending better.

LOl, oki, you roll with that. Do you even watch Serie A and AC Milan?

IMHO, this is one of the poorer hot takes in months.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/303115/Show/Theo-Hernández

191a0224db9705c3d12664db508efa01.png1*DDAEMP9FqpjnCGZ79K6qjA.png

Who do you think we should move for?

It is easy to do a drive by shit-on

Alphonso Davies  Not available
Andrew Robertson     Not available
Theo Hernández   
Ferland Mendy    Not available (overrated due to be on RM, and very injury prone, he is ijured now, very limited offensively, he is the AWB of LB's)
Luke Shaw    Not available
Nuno Mendes   Not available 
Raphaël Guerreiro    More of a LMF/Winger that a fullback, worse defensively than Theo
Angeliño  He was an EPL bust, on a great team
Robin Gosens   I rate him, but he is worse defensively that Theo, and next summer is last chance to buy, as we would only get one sub 30yo season after that
José Gayà   €100m release clause and has stagnated
Lucas Digne   too old to buy next summer (he will turn 30yothe summer after that) given the insane £50m+ valuation Everton tossed on him
Kieran Tierney     Not available
Oleksandr Zinchenko   meh, meh meh
Leonardo Spinazzola   damn shame he was injured, and now he will likely be 30yo before he fully recovers (if he even does) from his Achilles rupture
Renan Lodi has collapsed at Atleti lately, very poor
Sergio Reguilón not impressed, may be another La Liga wonder who is meh in the EPL
Ramy Bensebaini   I rate him, many do not
Alejandro Grimaldo    meh, overated for year, farmer league wonder
Nicolás Tagliafico   soon 30yo, and a farmer leaguer, always was overrated
Rayan Aït Nouri    too young to make definitive call, but he has hardly set the EPL on fire so far
Owen Wijndal   farmer leaguer, not that impressed so far
Vitaliy Mykolenko   worth scouting
Borna Sosa    probably who I would go for if not Theo, he has a wand of a left foot, he is only 1cm shorter than Alonso, and is an assist machine
Douglas Santos   was impressed versus us, but he is not big league proven and again, we would only get one fill sub 30yo season out of him
Pervis Estupiñán    has stagnated, meh, doesn't even start anymore
Mathí­as Olivera  worth scouting

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

LOl, oki, you roll with that. Do you even watch Serie A and AC Milan?

IMHO, this is one of the poorer hot takes in months.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/303115/Show/Theo-Hernández

191a0224db9705c3d12664db508efa01.png1*DDAEMP9FqpjnCGZ79K6qjA.png

Who do you think we should move for?

It is easy to do a drive by shit-on

Alphonso Davies  Not available
Andrew Robertson     Not available
Theo Hernández   
Ferland Mendy    Not available (overrated due to be on RM, and very injury prone, he is ijured now, very limited offensively, he is the AWB of LB's)
Luke Shaw    Not available
Nuno Mendes   Not available 
Raphaël Guerreiro    More of a LMF/Winger that a fullback, worse defensively than Theo
Angeliño  He was an EPL bust, on a great team
Robin Gosens   I rate him, but he is worse defensively that Theo, and next summer is last chance to buy, as we would only get one sub 30yo season after that
José Gayà   €100m release clause and has stagnated
Lucas Digne   too old to buy next summer (he will turn 30yothe summer after that) given the insane £50m+ valuation Everton tossed on him
Kieran Tierney     Not available
Oleksandr Zinchenko   meh, meh meh
Leonardo Spinazzola   damn shame he was injured, and now he will likely be 30yo before he fully recovers (if he even does) from his Achilles rupture
Renan Lodi has collapsed at Atleti lately, very poor
Sergio Reguilón not impressed, may be another La Liga wonder who is meh in the EPL
Ramy Bensebaini   I rate him, many do not
Alejandro Grimaldo    meh, overated for year, farmer league wonder
Nicolás Tagliafico   soon 30yo, and a farmer leaguer, always was overrated
Rayan Aït Nouri    too young to make definitive call, but he has hardly set the EPL on fire so far
Owen Wijndal   farmer leaguer, not that impressed so far
Vitaliy Mykolenko   worth scouting
Borna Sosa    probably who I would go for if not Theo, he has a wand of a left foot, he is only 1cm shorter than Alonso, and is an assist machine
Douglas Santos   was impressed versus us, but he is not big league proven and again, we would only get one fill sub 30yo season out of him
Pervis Estupiñán    has stagnated, meh, doesn't even start anymore
Mathí­as Olivera  worth scouting

I'm not saying I watch Milan week-bye-week, but saw them several times last season. Not impressed by him at all.

I don't feel getting a new LB is a priority. With Alonso and Chilwell we have two different type of players, both of them can perform in high level when in shape. If I had to chose, I like the Pedraza guy from Villarreal(hovewer I only saw him a couple of times in EL last season) and I think Matt Targett would also do the job for us.

Theo would be a luxury signing, could use him against weaker sides who park the bus against us.

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

Read this morning De Ligt for £103m, in what world does the person pressing submit on that story not crack up laughing doing so.

€150m release clause in 2022, very unlikely Juve will sell below that unless De Ligt want to leave.

Edited by Blues Forever

37 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

€150m release clause in 2022, very unlikely Juve will sell below that unless De Ligt want to leave.

Who would ever pay that, he is so overrated, I'm surprised we didn't move for Lacroix.