Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Like you said he is on a free, don't think anyone is bothered by him coming in if he is depth player. But as an automatic starter that is an issue. 

Hope Axel Disasi is also sold, and we get another CB that is counted on to be a main starter.

Fofana Colwill are our starters. Badi and Tosin backups. Disasi depth. 

Fabrizio now once again bringing up us being interested in Summerville from Leeds. Liverpool like him, too. 

He looks like the prototype Liverpool attacker over the Klopp era. Super aggressive, super quick and very direct.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fabrizio now once again bringing up us being interested in Summerville from Leeds. Liverpool like him, too. 

He looks like the prototype Liverpool attacker over the Klopp era. Super aggressive, super quick and very direct.

I feel he would make our left side a lot more dangerous unless Mudryk benefits from this new system. Summerville is way more of a threat creating and scoring currently than Mudryk.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need quality not quantity, i am not impressed. He was doing nothing noteworthy in the PL. Hutchinson is better than him, if you take account that Omari was in his debut senior season.

Liverpool can have him. 

15 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I feel he would make our left side a lot more dangerous unless Mudryk benefits from this new system. Summerville is way more of a threat creating and scoring currently than Mudryk.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

We need quality not quantity, i am not impressed. He was doing nothing noteworthy in the PL. Hutchinson is better than him, if you take account that Omari was in his debut senior season.

Liverpool can have him. 

Yeah, he looks interesting but not a player we need currently. I’ve been saying for a while now that I don’t even know why we’re after any wide attackers this window. If the club is so convinced we need someone there then bring Omari into the first team. I think he’s more than good enough.

Unless we can somehow offload Sterling I think spending tens of millions on Olise or Summerville is overkill. And there are not even whispers about Sterling going.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think we still need one more CB to replace either Badiashile or Disasi. 

Todibo would be my choice. 

Assuming we get Toison on a free and sell Trevoh, we need to get at least one of these (I so want to sell Disasi and Badi and get another off this list, as Colwill is the only CB we have left I truly rate)

Ronald Araujo 
Alessandro Bastoni (Left-footed)
Bremer  
António Silva  

Giorgio Scalvini  
Jean-Clair Todibo

Alessandro Buongiorno (Left-footed)
Riccardo Calafiori (Left-footed)

Youth: Leny Yoro 

In terms of left-footers, we really fucked up buying Badi instead of Micky van de Ven.

The only other left footers who I can say would be acceptable and who are remotely available would be:

Piero Hincapié   
Gonçalo Inácio    
Willian Pacho    
Dávid Hancko   

Youth

Jorrel Hato (height worries me)

The market is just pretty bare for class left footers at CB

Counting all

The only 2 world class ones are Gabriel and Bastoni 

Then van de Ven and Colwill, then a big drop

Riccardo Calafiori has the potential to be workd class.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, he looks interesting but not a player we need currently. I’ve been saying for a while now that I don’t even know why we’re after any wide attackers this window. If the club is so convinced we need someone there then bring Omari into the first team. I think he’s more than good enough.

Unless we can somehow offload Sterling I think spending tens of millions on Olise or Summerville is overkill. And there are not even whispers about Sterling going.

I would make an exception for khvicha kvaratskhelia or Nico Williams, i think they are absolute upgrades. I wouldn't ever say no to such signings, where they are a no brainer over your current attackers.

Edited by Clockwork

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I would make an exception for khvicha kvaratskhelia or Nico Williams, i think they are absolute upgrades. I wouldn't ever say no to such signings, where they are a no brainer over your current attackers.

Can’t even imagine what sort of price De Laurentiis would demand for Kvara. Especially after they’re just about to appoint Conte who will surely never ok his transfer.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Olise

Is a left footed RWer/AMF

He would be the 8th or 9th one we have

We desperately need help on the LW with a right footer.

Leão would be perfect but such a hard, crazy expensive pull.

Same for Wirtz, Kvaratskhelia, Musiala,  and Xavi Simons.

Those are your 'Big 5' right-footed options on the left. 

Kvaratskhelia is ambipedal btw, and he and Leão are the only true wingers out of the 5.

Pretty big drop off after those 5.

Nico Williams would next.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can’t even imagine what sort of price De Laurentiis would demand for Kvara. Especially after they’re just about to appoint Conte who will surely never ok his transfer.

Not sure i believe it apparently it is 100m euros, there are PSG smoke. I would be all over that. Imagine Palmer on one side and Kvara on the other. 

Anyway one of the biggest issue at Chelsea and discussing some of the holes and needs of the squad, it is we have some players that are very good we don't need reinforcement but the issue is they spend the vast majority of 2023/2024 injured and some didn't even play. For example Nkunku when healthy is locking up that left side of attack, Lavia will be Maresca deepest midfielder, and Fofana will be the RCB. But the problem can you count on them when they have not shown they can be healthy?

One thing for sure Fofana cannot be counted on, look at this shit.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.38.05 PM.png

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

we definitely need a wide player for the left side majority of or attacks go down the right, which makes us very predictable. We need the ability to also play through the left effectively too.