Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Thor said:

Jorgi has done jack shit since leaving. 

True. However, Jorgi's experience and ability to calm down situations would've been handy. How many times this season have the CM's disappeared and teams have just ran/played straight through us and/or there hasn't been a ball on for the defence/GK to play into the centre of the park. Tbf, Jorgi may not have helped much with the former, but the latter he would've done as he always dropped into the holes to provide an easy pass the the defensive line. 

Edited by King Kante

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

True. However, Jorgi's experience and ability to calm down situations would've been handy. How many times this season have the CM's disappeared and teams have just ran/played straight through us and/or there hasn't been a ball on for the defence/GK to play into the centre of the park. Tbf, Jorgi may not have helped much with the former, but the latter he would've done as he always dropped into the holes to provide an easy pass the the defensive line. 

Arsenal have used him smartly. Didn't play him every week but they did use him on occasion like vs City earlier in the season - games where they needed to control the ball better. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

With Nkunku's new hip problem, I think the club needs to sign a striker. Jackson and Broja is unsustainable

And Nkunku's new hip injury happened in training.

FfS, there are more players getting injured in training than in actual matches.

Wonder how long he's going to be out.

And without Jackson., it's just Broja atm. Not a good look for upcoming PL matches.

Edited by Blue Armour

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

And without Jackson., it's just Broja atm. Not a good look for upcoming PL matches.

There's only Fulham at home in the league in the next 3 weeks. Next game will be Jan 31 Liverpool 

Would probably need to prioritise a striker by then. Toney's price has shot up now that Brentford have an injury crisis and are fighting for survival. Osimhen release clause is only active in the summer. 

I wonder if Guirassy and his 15m release clause is a good option for us. All others linked - Gyokeres, Ferguson, Gimenez, Boniface, Sesko - are too young.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Also lol at this talk of age and not fully formed yet being the reason for injuries... 

That isn't how the human body works. 

It is just folk clutching at straws for more stupid excuses. If not for injuries, its for results, if not for results, its about recruitment etc, instead of accepting reality:

Poor squad planning willingly letting so many experienced guys go so quickly, completely changing the leadership dynamics within the dressing room. 

Poor recruitment buying so many young, unproven, inexperienced players at hyper inflated prices. Or more annoyingly, buying so many similarly aged and similarly positioned players too in a short space of time, the likes of Santos, Caicedo, Lavia, Ugo…. could have signed one of them and tried to get a more experienced midfielder for example Joao Palhinha from Fulham who was available. Declan Rice from West Ham again who was available. Even signed 2 of them and then used the extra cash to sign someone for a position we desperately need ie. CF.

Poor decisions to sack a lot of staff from the previous regime, medical staff, groundsmen, even Pat Nevin for questioning the new ownerships recruitment in a BBC column ffs. The medical department right now I am assuming is Dr Nick from the Simpsons because honestly, wtaf is going on with these constant medium to long term injuries, it is the worst I have ever seen here in a long time. 

Poor managerial choices, particularly disposing of a world class coach to end up with Potter & Lampard. Irrespective of what happened with Tuchel, the owner, the players - it was a fucking joke. Absolute laughing stock to end up with Potter and then Lampard. And to be honest as soon as we hired Potter a lot of us seen it coming. He wasn’t ready for that.

Even smaller decisions like giving Connor the captaincy (although I for one am impressed with how he has handled it, how it seems to have further elevated his performances) ahead of Thiago Silva after Reece’s injuries - which apparently ruffled some feathers in the dressing room (however true I have no idea). I mean taking it back a bit, I still think giving Reece the armband ahead of Thiago was absolutely insane. The guy who has captained Brazil, PSG, AC Milan as well I think. RJ needs to get himself right and just back playing football at his best level. When he has been fit this season, performance wise and even body language wise, he looks deflated, as if he’s got the weight of world on his shoulders. Is that the extra pressure of wearing armband at your local team? Maybe? Maybe not? But still thought it was too soon for someone who has had a hugely turbulent up and down past 2 seasons fitness wise. Maybe they hoped it would push him on.

Genuinely just piss poor decision making since Todd and co properly started flexing their muscles last summer. And now these two footballing director muppets have sunk their claws in also, signing young guys almost every player without fail when it is clear we needed some more experience and proven quality.

First the narrative was these younger players will refresh the squad and bring a lot of new energy, replace these so called past it or not good enough players, now its folk blabbering on about lack of muscle mass as opposed to just saying a lot of what we have signed/didn’t sell of probably aren’t good enough compared to what we had before. Absolutely clueless.

I mean there was far fetched “thinking too hard” posts talking about Reece and his bone structure last week related to muscle injuries. Now its young players getting injured due to having a lack of muscle mass this week. So what will it be next week? We are getting so many injuries because of a rare toenail fungus? Did one of the lads get bitten by a radioactive spider? Is it because people think the earth is flat?

And yes this post probably is a bit long and slightly off topic. Perhaps should even be in the Boehly topic. But fuck it.

Edited by OneMoSalah

That's called a rant 👆 It's hard to discuss because there are 20 different points there some of which similar to what was also criticized.

No straws. It matches my understanding of how physique in players play a part; that a player without enough muscle to sustain their movements is more likely to put his joint (knee/ankle) under stress: unnatural movement and whatnot. Muscle injuries, like James are far more complicated, but he's no youngster and pretty powerful athlete on his own right.

I honestly thought the physique point was fairly obvious eh. We will come to the conclusion players bulk up for no reason in the PL. That when a player built like a tank goes at one with the physique of a 17yo it's fair game; that the frail player is no more likely to get hurt than the tanky player... For science! 😆

Edited by robsblubot

But this doesn't happen only here. People said Wemby has too fragile body for NBA, he is doing fine so far. And opposite example is Zion who is constantly injured because he is too heavy. So what is the truth, who knows 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

That's called a rant 👆 It's hard to discuss because there are 20 different points there some of which similar to what was also criticized.

No straws. It matches my understanding of how physique in players play a part; that a player without enough muscle to sustain their movements is more likely to put his joint (knee/ankle) under stress: unnatural movement and whatnot. Muscle injuries, like James are far more complicated, but he's no youngster and pretty powerful athlete on his own right.

I honestly thought the physique point was fairly obvious eh. We will come to the conclusion players bulk up for no reason in the PL. That when a player built like a tank goes at one with the physique of a 17yo it's fair game; that the frail player is no more likely to get hurt than the tanky player... For science! 😆

These are all top professional athletes who have been conditioned by elite trainers and coaches throughout  various ages since whenever most of these join professional clubs at youth level. 

They’re obviously in reasonable enough condition for this level or they wouldn’t be professional footballers and definitely wouldn’t have survived a Mauricio Pochettino pre-season.

Yes they still have to develop and grow but it is reaching at straws to pin it on that. The medical team is a shambles, not to mention how unfit we were last season and the intensity of Pochettino’s training regime throughout season (notoriously tough). Then throw in how many games these guys play every season, how much travelling, the frequency of games. I mean I expected a few injuries - most seasons every team gets a few - even given how tough Poch’s fitness regime is, as many as we’ve had, to repeat suffers, some of these guys maybe also need to take a deeper look at what their doing off the pitch and outside of the training also. Are they eating right? Are they overtraining? Are they under training? Are they drinking? The medical staff is also a shambles.

A team of younger players you’d assume would be more energetic, dynamic, fitter, willing to push themselves harder due to the players being hungrier to prove themselves, no? Or do they not have enough muscles for that either

Edited by OneMoSalah

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

These are all top professional athletes who have been conditioned by elite trainers and coaches throughout  various ages since whenever most of these join professional clubs at youth level. 

They’re obviously in reasonable enough condition for this level or they wouldn’t be professional footballers and definitely wouldn’t have survived a Mauricio Pochettino pre-season.

Yes they still have to develop and grow but it is reaching at straws to pin it on that. The medical team is a shambles, not to mention how unfit we were last season and the intensity of Pochettino’s training regime throughout season (notoriously tough). Then throw in how many games these guys play every season, how much travelling, the frequency of games. I mean I expected a few injuries - most seasons every team gets a few - even given how tough Poch’s fitness regime is, as many as we’ve had, to repeat suffers, some of these guys maybe also need to take a deeper look at what their doing off the pitch and outside of the training also. Are they eating right? Are they overtraining? Are they under training? Are they drinking? The medical staff is also a shambles.

A team of younger players you’d assume would be more energetic, dynamic, fitter, willing to push themselves harder due to the players being hungrier to prove themselves, no? Or do they not have enough muscles for that either

My understanding is that training for youngsters is completely different from senior players; even the hours are different as these players are literally in puberty. So, they just haven't had the time to gain muscle mass yet. They would given time. Also, some of these players did not come from other PL outfits. They may have undergone a very different type of training and philosophy in their academies regarding muscle mass and physique in general.

Anyway, I disagree that the issue with the overly younger side is only one of experience. It's a lack in both physique and experience, and they will definitely struggle physically esp in away matches where that side of the game will be tested more often.

Regarding Pochettino's training, that's pretty much the same in all elite clubs these days: you train like you play.

Edited by robsblubot

21 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Rice is laughable and it's hilarious how some still pretend Arsenal aren't a worse team with him and West Ham a much better team right now.

Anyone stating Rice for Arsenal being worse clearly has an agenda. He has been class this season and been their outstanding player. What this season shows is that Xhaka was really under-appreciated. He made them tick and Arsenal would of been a lot better with Rice and Xhaka compared to fitting Havertz in there. Havertz will give them an additional goal threat but he has made their play worse. Rice though bar the games against West Ham and Fulham, has been exceptional this season. No denying it. But as a team, they are playing worse than last season.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

There's only Fulham at home in the league in the next 3 weeks. Next game will be Jan 31 Liverpool 

Would probably need to prioritise a striker by then. Toney's price has shot up now that Brentford have an injury crisis and are fighting for survival. Osimhen release clause is only active in the summer. 

I wonder if Guirassy and his 15m release clause is a good option for us. All others linked - Gyokeres, Ferguson, Gimenez, Boniface, Sesko - are too young.

Too young and risky. Ferguson's goals has dried up. Can't remember the last time he scored. He is only 19 but you can see he is not fully ready yet. Will be at Brighton for a while unless someone pays over £100m for him. Gimenez is class but again big difference between the two leagues. Boniface only joined Leverkusen in the summer and is spearheading their title charge. Will not leave and is on AFCON duty. Sesko doesn't get into Leipzig's starting 11 and they play with 2 up front. Gyokeres been brilliant and looks all round striker. Think he made 3 assists on Friday but again is playing in an inferior league and the fee wanted is too risky. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But this doesn't happen only here. People said Wemby has too fragile body for NBA, he is doing fine so far. And opposite example is Zion who is constantly injured because he is too heavy. So what is the truth, who knows 🤷‍♂️ 

Less sharp turns at full speed there. Also they are like 8ft and constantly jumping and landing onto a different surface so it will put different strains on their body 

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Less sharp turns at full speed there. Also they are like 8ft and constantly jumping and landing onto a different surface so it will put different strains on their body 

No one does more fast twitch sprinting than Footballers - if those muscles are either underdeveloped or over developed that’s what causes injuries. A hamstring injury generally happens if you have overdeveloped quads and calves and haven’t put the balance in developing your hamstrings and glutes. At least that’s what the sports doctor said when I had a tier 2 tear that would have required surgery for me to keep playing.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Too young and risky. Ferguson's goals has dried up. Can't remember the last time he scored. He is only 19 but you can see he is not fully ready yet. Will be at Brighton for a while unless someone pays over £100m for him. Gimenez is class but again big difference between the two leagues. Boniface only joined Leverkusen in the summer and is spearheading their title charge. Will not leave and is on AFCON duty. Sesko doesn't get into Leipzig's starting 11 and they play with 2 up front. Gyokeres been brilliant and looks all round striker. Think he made 3 assists on Friday but again is playing in an inferior league and the fee wanted is too risky. 

What about Guirassy? 27 and leading the line at Stuttgart. 17 league goals this season. I don't know how his overall game is.

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

What about Guirassy? 27 and leading the line at Stuttgart. 17 league goals this season. I don't know how his overall game is.

We would have to buy him for the summer or after the AFCON doesn’t help us right now unfortunately - but his goal threat is impressive

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Looks like he is ok.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Currently on AFCON duty too. A late bloomer and does look good but again question marks is, he has never really scored consistently in his career bar this and last season, nor has he played for a big team. But for the reported fee, a low risk gamble.

Edited by Stats