Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The Mount and Havertz deals for me are critical of the long term way in which this club operates.

Last summer we let players leave fairly cheap and easily seemingly without much negotiation (Lukaku loan, Werner, Gilmour, Alonso) whilst also getting our pants pulled down on a number of transfer negotiations such as Cucurella and Fofana (I'm personally a big fan of Fofana and I think he'll prove to be a very good player over the long term here but it doesn't change that we got drastically bid up by Leicester to bring him in).

This summer it's imperative that we don't show ourselves as a soft touch in the transfer market. We've driven hard bargains with Mount and Havertz so far to sell on terms acceptable for us, not Arsenal and United. We've so far pushed a harder line with Inter on Lukaku.

In the example of this Mount deal, if we just rolled over because United have briefed to the media it's their "last" offer, then we're going to struggle in the future. We'll show to buying clubs that we can be easily manipulated and bullied and we'll show to players that want to leave that we'll cave into the pressures. At present this offer is much closer to United's initial bid than it is Chelsea's initial valuation. 

I get there is risk attached due to his situation a year away from his contract being up, but the Mount deal could have much longer term ramifications for us if we get it wrong and are seen as being pushed around. 

The other acid test on the horizon will be if we are indeed interested in Caicedo, our negotiations with Brighton to buy him. 

we have other people taking care of the negotiations.

that's why there are different ones compared to last year

this is what we missed last year

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

So I am guessing Mount will be staying/leaving on a free then? Why the fuck are we haggling for £3m and £7m in add ons? 

Just take the £55m and run jesus christ.

If United pull out then we lose £55m next summer…. Not rocket science Todd. 

Todd does not negotiate transfers, regardless how the press like to use his name to simplify stories. Just like the following storing…. Although I hope our transfer team is doing this. 

No changes on Caicedo deal. Chelsea expected to bid after outgoing ane still feel in control of the situation. There’s no official negotiation ongoing yet. 🔵 #CFC

Personal terms almost agreed. ⤵🇪🇨 https://t.co/Ro0qSpBUuE
 — Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano)
 Jun 24, 2023

Rumours of “agent change” for André Onana are wide of mark. His agent was and remains Albert Botines who’s taking care of negotiations 🇨🇲

Botines met with Manchester United earlier this week — Chelsea have asked about Onana two weeks ago.

Inter want at least €50m plus add-ons. https://t.co/aC8gWP1FOX
 Jun 24, 2023

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Rumours of “agent change” for André Onana are wide of mark. His agent was and remains Albert Botines who’s taking care of negotiations 🇨🇲

Botines met with Manchester United earlier this week — Chelsea have asked about Onana two weeks ago.

Inter want at least €50m plus add-ons. https://t.co/aC8gWP1FOX
 Jun 24, 2023

why we dont swap lukaku for onana?

would be a good deal for both sides 

Im slighty worried because I wan't see kepa as number 1 for next season 

lets see what will happen 

Ben Jacobs and Fabrizio just keep repeated the same exact thing over and over and have done so for like a month. ‘Chelsea really want Caicedo, Caicedo himself wants Chelsea, but Chelsea haven’t bid yet.”

Surely it’ll finally happen this coming week after we receive the Havertz, Kova, and Koulibaly/Ziyech/Mendy money? All of those deals seem to be in the medical & final paperwork phase so should be done this weekend.

We wait any longer and other clubs could swoop in and turn his head with monster wages that our new regime is hesitant now to offer.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ben Jacobs and Fabrizio just keep repeated the same exact thing over and over and have done so for like a month. ‘Chelsea really want Caicedo, Caicedo himself wants Chelsea, but Chelsea haven’t bid yet.”

Surely it’ll finally happen this coming week after we receive the Havertz, Kova, and Koulibaly/Ziyech/Mendy money? All of those deals seem to be in the medical & final paperwork phase so should be done this weekend.

We wait any longer and other clubs could swoop in and turn his head with monster wages that our new regime is hesitant now to offer.

yes until the end of the next news we will have concrete news about caicedo and perphaps other players 

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Club wants to do the deal in July, the reports say. Saudi deals go through only after July 1. Its only the Havertz and Kova money that's coming in for now.

Anyway personal terms almost agreed with Caicedo. We are in the race and look like we are ahead of competitors even with our supposed mid-table status.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Club wants to do the deal in July, the reports say. Saudi deals go through only after July 1. Its only the Havertz and Kova money that's coming in for now.

Anyway personal terms almost agreed with Caicedo. We are in the race and look like we are ahead of competitors even with our supposed mid-table status.

Personal terms “almost agreed” is the key phrase for me. If United decide to walk away from negotiations for Mount and Arse lose the Rice race to City suddenly that’s two clubs that will likely go hard for Caicedo as an alternative. 

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In today's non-update

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Todd does not negotiate transfers, regardless how the press like to use his name to simplify stories. Just like the following storing…. Although I hope our transfer team is doing this. 

Such a shame the political climate will stop us from getting him (unless Mudryk has totally contrasting views to Zinchenko).

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

wasn't me

Wirtz has not looked the same since his bad injury plus he will still be very expensive and Bayern have him in their targets eventually I waher

he had one Bundesliga goal all year in 17 games (all post injury)

I do rate Dominik Szoboszlai a lot

along with (AMFs we are talking about), in order of valuation

Bernardo Silva (will not come here though)
James Maddison 

Dani Olmo
Xavi Simons  (PSG doing a buyback though)
Mohammed Kudus 
Eberechi Eze 

and youth

Eliesse Ben Seghir      
Désiré Doué  
Arda Güler
Arsen Zakharyan 

25 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Seen a few Lyon matches on TV and every time he's looked absolute quality, the closest to Hazard in pure talent from a young player. But he's quite slow and does no defensive work. Might not work with Poch, or most top clubs.