Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, milka said:

David Raya (free agent) and  even Meslier (cheap if Leeds relegation) will be better than another high-prize money goalkeeper .

The Leeds GK is terrible.. he would be a downgrade from Kepa.

I think is decent goalkeeper - Leeds have weаk defence  anyway.

With proper management (which I hope Pochettino will bring), the team can get the right people it needs without giving away bags of money, which, as we have seen, does not mean success.

I hope everyone will notice we have quite a few Goalkeepers on the team and don't really need another 5 of Brighton reserves or Championship randoms for sake of it before it's too late.

We will be destroyed financially next window thanks to idiotic shopping spree AND in case of smallest FFP violation I'm sure the authorities will blissfully ban us from everything, everywhere forever, so no, we don't need Onana who was banned on doping grounds for a year, neither we need Leeds GK, seriously.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I hope everyone will notice we have quite a few Goalkeepers on the team and don't really need another 5 of Brighton reserves or Championship randoms for sake of it before it's too late.

We will be destroyed financially next window thanks to idiotic shopping spree AND in case of smallest FFP violation I'm sure the authorities will blissfully ban us from everything, everywhere forever, so no, we don't need Onana who was banned on doping grounds for a year, neither we need Leeds GK, seriously.

Mendy has not signed a contract. Mostly leaving

9 hours ago, turgi said:

We are the dumbest club on earth.

Why getting Onana last year on a free if you could get him this summer for 50ish million

Maybe we can still get him on a free with Lukaku going in the other direction. 

Lukaku really seems to want to stay in Italy with Inter...and if we're that keen on Onana, might as well try to make a deal. 

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Maybe we can still get him on a free with Lukaku going in the other direction. 

Lukaku really seems to want to stay in Italy with Inter...and if we're that keen on Onana, might as well try to make a deal. 

That isn't a good deal. Onana is another GK that is riddled with mistakes, which is something we've had to put up with enough during Mendy's run.

We shouldn’t buy a GK unless they are a big upgrade over what we have. Kepa is very unpopular here, but he is not bad. Is he a great GK? No, the next goalkeeper should be a level above or might as well stick with what you have. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Is Onana even better than Mendy? 

Sounded out my AC Milan friend and he thinks he's very good. Maignan but not quite as good to summarise.

So looks like we are interested in Toney.

If I could be assed, it would be self serving of me to find where I recommended this guy back when Brentford were in the Championship..

Where does he stand currently with the betting scandal... is a lengthy ban imminent?

It would be very Chelsea to buy a much needed striker knowing he is about to be banned for 6months or so.