Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

yes looks like they want around €65m atm (£57.5m)

over a 3500 minute season he is tracking to around 25 goals and 10 assists all comps as a 19/20yo (and in a low scoring league, at 80% league minutes played, around 16, 17 league goals, and 6, 7 league assists)

Fast and physically imposing, unsure how much can be attributed to Kane’s development in terms of Poch but ultimately if you were given the choice you’d take Ras, considering we could probably offload Rom on a loan + fee again.

15 minutes ago, lucio said:

Rasmus can be our Kane for poch and the Russian guy can be our Eriksen 

this is my thought as well, and hopefully Nkunku (who is still scoring at the rate he did last season when he scored 35 goals and had 20 assists, but has misted a tonne of games thsi year with two injuries) produces (at a bare minimum) like a 20/21 year old Dele Alli did back in 2016/17 for Poch (over even better on the goals scored)

138ba9ed01b6a58d58980b23eedd87b9.png

Nkunku

3d3bdae0afc0fa54d29608ad3a7462db.png

and, in half the minutes as the season before

75c033cff98e1ca9c8fd7aa38fa5b38e.png

(assists have fallen off as the team has been not nearly as good this year, due to injuries and the other sides getting better in the top half of the table)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

yes looks like they want around €65m atm (£57.5m)

over a 3500 minute season he is tracking to around 25 goals and 10 assists all comps as a 19/20yo (and in a low scoring league, at 80% league minutes played, around 16, 17 league goals, and 6, 7 league assists)

Saw an analysis on him and that apparently his link up play in the box is very good and his better than Kane in the build up phase. 

Serie A tax and all that but very promising stats. 

On 24/04/2023 at 11:55, NikkiCFC said:

Another PR move for fans like bringing Lampard. 

Resigning Mount would be far from it. I mean surely most can see Poch might actually utilise someone like Mase, no?

He fits the profile of these kind of players he has improved at Southamtpon and Spurs - granted MM has been pish this season in terms of his consistency and outputs but he has that aggression and energy to get around the pitch and make a telling contribution in a high pressing team as well as some individual qualities which we all know he can show - just needs to start doing it again and really fine tune that part of his game. 

Even Gallagher, I think Poch may even find a place for him in the squad - although I hope not as firstly I think he isn’t cut out for the level we want to be going towards and secondly, we need to cut some players to make the squad smaller (Ruben also has to go 100%).

I’ve always believed if the club takes the contract down from 7 years to 3/4, Mason would resign regardless. So we will see.

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Resigning Mount would be far from it. I mean surely most can see Poch might actually utilise someone like Mase, no?

He fits the profile of these kind of players he has improved at Southamtpon and Spurs - granted MM has been pish this season in terms of his consistency and outputs but he has that aggression and energy to get around the pitch and make a telling contribution in a high pressing team as well as some individual qualities which we all know he can show - just needs to start doing it again and really fine tune that part of his game. 

Even Gallagher, I think Poch may even find a place for him in the squad - although I hope not as firstly I think he isn’t cut out for the level we want to be going towards and secondly, we need to cut some players to make the squad smaller (Ruben also has to go 100%).

I’ve always believed if the club takes the contract down from 7 years to 3/4, Mason would resign regardless. So we will see.

That's going to be the biggest problem for Mason, wherever he goes.    He needs to add consistent goals/assists to his game to take that next step. 

As for the contract length, I'd be surprised if it's more than 3 years in length as Mason would be better off proving himself in the next 2 years and then negotiate a better deal or hit the open market and get a move elsewhere (whereas Reece will have his fair share of injuries due to the body build...so the 6+1 deal makes perfect sense for his future). 

I rate Kovacic but wouldn't mind if he left. We need a proper DM/6 to play alongside Enzo and Kovacic is not that.

Fact of the matter is some of our current midfielders have to leave to get to an optimal squad size and Enzo is the only one who's future at the club is 100% certain. Out of Kante, Kovacic, Mount, RLC, Gallagher, Zakaria it would be preferable to keep just two or at the very most three players and the rest should be gone. 

Chukwuemeka would probably benefit from a loan spell.

10 minutes ago, Jype said:
Chukwuemeka would probably benefit from a loan spell.

I'd rather we tried to find someone that would allow a profit.

I'm really not seeing anything in this guy that screams Chelsea level player, eventual or otherwise.

58 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'd rather we tried to find someone that would allow a profit.

I'm really not seeing anything in this guy that screams Chelsea level player, eventual or otherwise.

Yep he was a weird signing.

English, young, handful of PL experience - seemed like an odd Abramovich era signing if I am honest. Just didn’t make sense. Probably should of stayed at Villa. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

GK: Kepa, Mendy, Bettinelli, Slonina

LB: Chilwell, Cucurella, Maatsen

RB: James, Gusto, Azpilicueta

CB: Silva, Fofana, Badiashile, Colwill, Chalobah, Koulibaly, Sarr, Ampadu

DM/CM: Enzo, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, Zakaria, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Hall, Santos

LW/RW: Mudryk, Ziyech, Pulisic, Felix, Sterling, Madueke, CHO

FW: Havertz, Nkunku, D. Fofana, Aubameyang, Broja, Lukaku

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes it 41 players when counting all of our current squad, returning loanees and the arrivals of Nkunku and Gusto in the summer. We'll almost certainly be adding another striker as well as a new DM which would take the list up to a ridiculous 43 players.

Now that it's confirmed we won't be having European football for next season I would say the optimal squad size for a season of only EPL + domestic cups is around 23-24 first team players so as things stand there's around 19-20 players too many.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my list of players who we should be looking to get rid:

• Slonina (loan out)
  • Cucurella / Maatsen, keep one sell one
  • Koulibaly / Chalobah, keep one sell one
  • Sarr
  • Ampadu
  • Azpi
  • Kovacic / RLC, keep one sell one
  • Mount / Gallagher, keep one sell one
  • Zakaria (loan expiring)
  • Hall (loan out)
  • Santos (loan out)
  • Chukwuemeka (loan out)
  • Ziyech
  • Pulisic
  • CHO
  • Aubameyang
  • Felix (loan expiring)
  • D. Fofana (loan out)
  • Broja (loan out)
  • Lukaku

That's 20 players. Probably won't be successful in offloading everyone from the list but at least 16-17 departures should be a realistic target, considering many on the list are promising youngsters who we'd be loaning out to lesser clubs for their development on the cheap.

Of the 'multiple choice' options I'd ideally look to keep Maatsen, Chalobah, Kovacic and Mount but I'll take anything as long as at least one of each category leaves. Lukaku, Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pulisic and sadly Azpilicueta are the ones who absolutely have to go.

Going to be a very busy summer at the club office. 😂

55 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are we linked to Pedri? Thought it was Gavi? Or just in general.

Gavi, i don’t think any of those players are realistic. I also don’t think Gavi is that good, but he is only 18. I think it is too early. 

I would like us to go after Wirtz if Mount goes.

Edited by Clockwork

17 hours ago, Jype said:

GK: Kepa, Mendy, Bettinelli, Slonina

LB: Chilwell, Cucurella, Maatsen

RB: James, Gusto, Azpilicueta

CB: Silva, Fofana, Badiashile, Colwill, Chalobah, Koulibaly, Sarr, Ampadu

DM/CM: Enzo, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, Zakaria, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Hall, Santos

LW/RW: Mudryk, Ziyech, Pulisic, Felix, Sterling, Madueke, CHO

FW: Havertz, Nkunku, D. Fofana, Aubameyang, Broja, Lukaku

That makes it 41 players when counting all of our current squad, returning loanees and the arrivals of Nkunku and Gusto in the summer. We'll almost certainly be adding another striker as well as a new DM which would take the list up to a ridiculous 43 players.

Now that it's confirmed we won't be having European football for next season I would say the optimal squad size for a season of only EPL + domestic cups is around 23-24 first team players so as things stand there's around 19-20 players too many.

Here's my list of players who we should be looking to get rid:

• Slonina (loan out)
  • Cucurella / Maatsen, keep one sell one
  • Koulibaly / Chalobah, keep one sell one
  • Sarr
  • Ampadu
  • Azpi
  • Kovacic / RLC, keep one sell one
  • Mount / Gallagher, keep one sell one
  • Zakaria (loan expiring)
  • Hall (loan out)
  • Santos (loan out)
  • Chukwuemeka (loan out)
  • Ziyech
  • Pulisic
  • CHO
  • Aubameyang
  • Felix (loan expiring)
  • D. Fofana (loan out)
  • Broja (loan out)
  • Lukaku

That's 20 players. Probably won't be successful in offloading everyone from the list but at least 16-17 departures should be a realistic target, considering many on the list are promising youngsters who we'd be loaning out to lesser clubs for their development on the cheap.

Of the 'multiple choice' options I'd ideally look to keep Maatsen, Chalobah, Kovacic and Mount but I'll take anything as long as at least one of each category leaves. Lukaku, Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pulisic and sadly Azpilicueta are the ones who absolutely have to go.

Going to be a very busy summer at the club office. 😂

There are 41 on the books? 😬There is a lot of work in the summer.

I agree with most of the 20 picked to sell. Would keep Broja around in a Nketiah-type 2nd option role. And find a way to replace one of Mendy/Kepa with an upgrade keeper.