Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I dream of an Enzo-Caicedo pivot. 

Two players that would cost more than some PL squads I imagine. Still, not beyond the realms of possibility...

Edited by Mhsc

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

I guess the club must either not like Zubimendi or know from the player that he is not interested, because given our need in CM and his release clause being pretty "reasonable" I'd have thought we'd just go and get him tbh. Maybe they still expect Enzo to be that player.

We don’t need to spend that kinda money on Enzo there are midfielders out there for instance Nicolo Fagioli from Juve or Maxence Caqueret both in the age range we are looking for and both technically gifted with an eye for a pass. Also won’t cost the ransom payments that Benfica are holding out for

For those who have watched Nkunku over the last couple of years - what is the reason for his increase in goals the last two seasons? Playing more in the ST position or? 

If we do keep playing the 4-2-3-1, would having Nkunku up top with Mudryk and Felix by a viable line up? Or best to have Nkunku behind the top player? 

I think we have a good mix of wingers now to choose from even with a few leaving after our acquisitions. Do we need a target man just in case we need to switch up how we play a little, or do we double down? 

I'm quite happy with our defence aside from RB. CM, RB and maybe ST are the only positions needed now imo. 

6 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Heard we were scouting this player. €25M as an alternative to Caicedo this would be decent bit of business 

I feel like a midfield of him and Enzo would potentially be too lightweight. 

I like an enforcer type in there. 

Enzo has now fully resettled back into Benfica after having his head turned and has been putting in top performances. Us going back in and pissing Benfica off even more sounds highly, highly unlikely this window. Even convincing Enzo himself may not be possible now after we essentially pulled the rug out from under him last time and made him look like an asshole. He himself may be just as angry with us as his club are.

Enzo is the only midfielder I've seen that would force his way into even the best Chelsea teams from the past. We should definitely just buy him if we have so much money available. Just give him like a 10 year contract.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ