Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

58 minutes ago, DDA said:

I was all for Gallagher staying but yesterday was another example that he isn't good enough.... he jinxed past 2 players in the box and shot against a defender when he could have squared the ball to sterling for a clear opportunity..... look at Enzo Fernandez highlights, he has the vision of Pirlo. 

Ah, good, thanks for that. Because several people had stood up in front of me, I could not see clearly. I saw Connor's run and shot but could not see if he had an angle for a pass. I asked the lad next to me and was told no.

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree that I wouldn’t be sad to see them all go, but I think that happens in the summer. 

I think Gallagher’s biggest issue is that he’s the sort of player that needs to be on the pitch every game in order to show his best. Coming in for a handful of minutes here and there does him zero favors. If he was starting every week like he was last season I think he’d be amazing again. But that clearly won’t happen for him here.

We might argue about whether Connor could reach the level of amazing, but I think your assessment about him needing consistent minutes is a good one. Unfortunately, as you suggest, it's a chicken and egg situation for him here. He needs more minutes to get better, but he'd have to be better to earn more minutes.

Badiashile 35m

Enzo 105m

Juranovic around 10m 

Felix on loan 

Perfect transfer window we can do. 

With formation change Mount is back in midfield. Broja is out for a season. So we are a little bit short in attack. 5 players for 3 positions. Auba, Kai, Sterling, Pulisic and Ziyech. That's why we can try with Felix. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Crespo, Hazard, Kante. So two undoubtedly, the other is more debatable but for me all things considered he was very good for us.

Yep, though I wasn't a big Crespo fan, that list would encourage me to trust your instincts. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

49 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Have previous 3 players been successful for us? 

Different players. You can say they are both central midfielders but Enzo is closer to DM and Jude to AM.

if we plan to play nkunku as a 10, enzo would be a better choice, otherwise i rate jude higher. especially since hes two years younger

Edited by whats happening

Just done my usual YouTube scouting of Enzo and have now realized who he reminds me of. He’s basically a carbon copy of Verratti who has been one of my favorite midfielders in world football over the past 5 or so years. Perfect mix of silky technical ability and tigerish work rate. Got a bit of a nastiness in him but isn’t a destroyer. 

Can absolutely see now why he’s so sought after. I’d be amazed if we could pull a move off over other big clubs who are in a much better position than we are. Don’t really know what we could sell him on that others can’t. Unless he’s keen to move this window and we’re the only ones willing to meet the clause. His Benfica side are apparently flying and are still in the CL so it seems like it would be near impossible to convince him to jump.

Plus, being a Spanish speaker from South America he’s probably almost guaranteed to be a target for Barca or Madrid this coming summer so may hold out for them.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Plus, being a Spanish speaker from South America he’s probably almost guaranteed to be a target for Barca or Madrid this coming summer so may hold out for them.

Barcelona have Gavi + Pedri, plus their attention is towards that DM from Sociedad to replace Busquets and on top of that they have De Jong. Not to mention they in no way can afford Enzo give the levers they've already pulled. 

Real have Tchouameni, Camavinga, and Valverde. There are also reports Bellingham prefers a move to Real over Liverpool/City.

Think as @NikkiCFC alluded to, we are in a pretty good position. Liverpool media are now claiming they have pulled out chasing Enzo and have only made Bellingham a priority, along with Amrabat. 

We can only hope we can convince Enzo of the project, pay him and his agent well, along with hoping he settles much like Aguero and Zabaleta. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Barcelona have Gavi + Pedri, plus their attention is towards that DM from Sociedad to replace Busquets and on top of that they have De Jong. Not to mention they in no way can afford Enzo give the levers they've already pulled. 

Real have Tchouameni, Camavinga, and Valverde. There are also reports Bellingham prefers a move to Real over Liverpool/City.

Think as @NikkiCFC alluded to, we are in a pretty good position. Liverpool media are now claiming they have pulled out chasing Enzo and have only made Bellingham a priority, along with Amrabat. 

We can only hope we can convince Enzo of the project, pay him and his agent well, along with hoping he settles much like Aguero and Zabaleta. 

What you say about the players those two already have makes total sense, but these clubs don’t usually think like we do. They just see shiny new toy and want it. Like Barca this last summer.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What you say about the players those two already have makes total sense, but these clubs don’t usually think like we do. They just see shiny new toy and want it. Like Barca this last summer.

I think this is a similar situation as Werner and Havertz where we are in the right place at the right time. 

Fingers crossed Enzo doesn't turn out like that if, and its a big if, he does come here. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Enzo can play in the pivot, he can play as a lone DM, he can play as the most advanced midfielder. 

The lad simply has an advanced skill set that I hope our recruitment team and Potter recognize. 

Yup. Thats why i dont mind us paying whatever it takes to sign him. This is not like chunking out 100m on Donkeykaku. Enzo will transform our midfield and immidiately strenghten our team. This guy will bring us tackling, running, passing and pressing resistance. This is the kind of player who cannot fail because his skillset is so wide and all around.

Edited by Costa19

46 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just done my usual YouTube scouting of Enzo and have now realized who he reminds me of. He’s basically a carbon copy of Verratti who has been one of my favorite midfielders in world football over the past 5 or so years. Perfect mix of silky technical ability and tigerish work rate. Got a bit of a nastiness in him but isn’t a destroyer. 

Can absolutely see now why he’s so sought after. I’d be amazed if we could pull a move off over other big clubs who are in a much better position than we are. Don’t really know what we could sell him on that others can’t. Unless he’s keen to move this window and we’re the only ones willing to meet the clause. His Benfica side are apparently flying and are still in the CL so it seems like it would be near impossible to convince him to jump.

Madrid, Pool fixated on Jude Bellingham (Fabrizio on Caughtoffside). Barca, City stocked with mids. Looking at the moment like Chelsea might be the only ones in the queue in January.

Edited by Strike

We aren’t going to sign Enzo in January for 120m euros. Not a chance.

Also just like we aren’t going to sign Joao Felix on loan.

I mean why would Atletico loan out someone who cost them upwards of 100m when it is clear he is open to leaving and they are open to a sale? Doesnt benefit then at all - I mean look at the whole Saul situation here, where we had an option to buy him, they aren't falling for that shite again.