Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It’s like we got all of our “now” signings out of the way in Todd’s first transfer window over the summer and now we’re going bananas on teenagers that won’t be first team candidates for years, if ever.

I’m not mad at this approach, but hope there will still be additional quality that goes directly into the first team soon. If we can pull off the improbably and get Leão to add to Nkunku who is already done then we’ll have a massively improved attack heading into next season. Pulisic and Ziyech out, Leão and Nkunku in. Sterling, Havertz, Leão, and Nkunku as fluid attackers interchanging positions would be great. 

Problem is all of those signings were busts. Kk, sterling, auba, fofana are all shit. Only moderately decent one was cucu. Boehly fucked us for years to come by putting all these guys on massive contracts. No wonder we're signing youngsters because we have no space on the wage bill for actual players.

Idk why tuchel was made in charge of transfer targets especially if boehly was thinking of getting rid of him cause he can't play 443 and didnt want ronaldo. We should've made 1 or two smart signings and acted like we did during the transfer ban, promoting youngsters like colwill and Hall and only signing players where we had no other option.

Broja should've been first choice this season (not saying he's good enough or isnt) just because auba sucks. Sterling shouldn't have been signed cause we basically helped City make their money back for haaland. These two transfers especially will kick us in the ass for 2-3 year and I will keep reminding you guys when they are both sitting on 200 and 300k on the bench by next year if not sooner.

31 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

250m on absolute drivel...

Screenshot_20221222-013218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Simple rundown

We overpaid by at least £25m for CuCu

then

bad (likely the players will not be successful, or at least look that way atm) expensive buys

Fofana (likely a poor buy at the end of the day, let us all hope not, but I have major doubts)

Sterling (super disappointing so far)

KK meh

Auba meh meh

then

Zakaria loan, I have no issue with, but ffs, play him more

then

the 2 good buys listed

Carney

Slonina

Edited by Vesper

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Good news

Another player who delivers once in a blue moon and wants to take us for ransom. I really hope we get rid of all of these guys starting with Mendy and Mount both whom aren't good enough but feel the need to be paid like kings. The owner reportedly wanting to extend him for 6 years deprives me of any hope for the foresaw future of us getting back to the top anytime soon.

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I mean Mendy can ask for how much he wants as it's his right, whether we agree is a different matter. I'm more concerned about us offering 6 years tbh. Why on earth would we do something like that?

I highly doubt the club offered a 30 year goalkeeper who isn't even first choice under Potter a 6 year contract.  Seems like something his agent would say just to show Mendy's value in the market. 

Best case scenario, we get a decent offer from a French club (maybe we can get Monaco interested as Nubel will likely be at Bayern in the near future) and let him go. 

5 hours ago, Hashishi said:

250m on absolute drivel...

Screenshot_20221222-013218_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean Slonina is a future #1 Goalkeeper, how about we actually let him develop like we did with Courtois? 
Also Zakaria is a loan spell, he's likely going back to Juventus at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m not ready to call any of our big money signings from the summer complete busts or shit yet. Especially Fofana who has barely played. When our entire team has been extremely poor simultaneously it’s difficult to properly judge these players’ true level. Now that the full focus is back on everyone’s club rather than an upcoming World Cup perhaps the subpar performances will improve. If not then yes, last summer was an unmitigated disaster.

As for Andrey Santos and Dateo Fofana, it’s just so difficult to judge these guys. Especially Santos. There are seemingly 10 mega hyped Brazilian teenagers every couple of years who look amazing over there against subpar competition. He has loan for multiple years and not hear from him again written all over him.

I agree, I think you have to give this time. With the exception of Koulibaly and Auba due to their ages, the others have time on their side. Cucurella and Fofana's starts here have been completely derailed by illness and injury respectively. Did we overpay for them? Probably yes. But certainly in the case of Fofana, he could very easily end up playing here for the next 8 - 10 years as a first choice centre back. If that happened, we could well end up looking back and thinking what a great buy he's been despite the price.

It remains to be seen, but I'm excited about the young players we're targeting. It feels a little bit like 10 years ago when we captured De Bruyne, Courtois, Salah, etc. Only this time, you'd like to think that the structure the new ownership is putting in place is one that'll lead to these players having a much better opportunity to develop over time and 'make it' here. From Hutchinson, Casadei, Carney and Slonina in the summer, to Fofana, Santos and (hopefully) Zakaryan now - they all look capable of playing for Chelsea in the future if they follow their development paths. 

8 minutes ago, milka said:

let's not become just the Arsenal of the period 2005-10 in which mainly young players are taken without any success

I don't think that will be the case, I think the club will look to make a couple of 'first team' signings each summer alongside moves like this. 

Nkunku already looks sealed, and we're being heavily linked with a midfielder and Gvardiol still in the summer. It looks very much like a two pronged transfer strategy compared to what Arsenal were doing during that period.

It is however important to also consider the make up of the squad, and we don't want to cull all the experience in the group all at once. When Arsenal lost the likes of Vieira, Henry, etc they were replaced with younger players who had no experience of winning trophies. In our situation at the very least we do have younger players in our squad who have experience of winning trophies and playing in finals over the last couple of seasons which should put us in much better stead but I still think the real experienced players in our squad do need phasing out over the next couple of years as opposed to 4, 5, 6 of them all leaving in the summer at the same time.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sterling (super disappointing so far)

I feel Sterling will be similar to Pedro.

If we're shit he will be too but if we have a working system and teammates on form he'll do his bit.

You guys are never fucking happy. I personally love what's going on. Purchasing some great talent and still being linked to ready made players who most teams want. 

hat the fuck do you people want?