Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But wouldn't the player need to agree to that as well? 

Probably, but as far as reports are concerned, does not look like Ginter himself wants a move. So that might be the reason. 

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Ideally, yes. But how are we going to afford all this? Both Chilwell and Rice will cost Maguire money. Havertz is between 70-80m. Who knows how much a keeper is going to cost if it isn't Onana.

Unless we have a big time sale or multiple big sales I can't see it. 

Either we buy Chilwell or one of the cheaper options simple. A compromise will have to be made somewhere. 

Also, we could get cheeky and offer Leicester a player + cash for Chilwell. Barkley, Batshuayi anyone? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Either we buy Chilwell or one of the cheaper options simple. A compromise will have to be made somewhere. 

Also, we could get cheeky and offer Leicester a player + cash for Chilwell. Barkley, Batshuayi anyone? :ph34r:

Be all for shifting Barkley or Bats but they aren't daft enough to take either IMO. Theyd want a Ruben, Kurt or Fikayo level of player 100%. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Be all for shifting Barkley or Bats but they aren't daft enough to take either IMO. Theyd want a Ruben, Kurt or Fikayo level of player 100%. 

I can see Brendan Rodgers maybe wanting Barkley but yeah, Batshuayi...unlikely. Or heck, give them Christensen!

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

But Ginter's contract expires next year?

A good offer could tempt Gladbach apparently. 

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2020/chelsea-atletico-inter-show-concrete-interest-in-matthias-ginter/

Gladbach is the german club i support, so i'm following this pretty closely. The part about them being tempted is simply conjecture by that website. Eberl in turn has been very clear that there is no way anybody will be leaving. Now if somebody would be willing to seriously overpay, i'm sure they would have to think about it anyways, but i see a very low chance of this happening this year. 

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Gladbach is the german club i support, so i'm following this pretty closely. The part about them being tempted is simply conjecture by that website. Eberl in turn has been very clear that there is no way anybody will be leaving. Now if somebody would be willing to seriously overpay, i'm sure they would have to think about it anyways, but i see a very low chance of this happening this year. 

What is your take on the player's ability? 

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

I am wondering why Eberl has allowed both his main centrebacks to run down their contracts to a single year and yet is so adamant about keeping them. I know both have fixture related extension options but if the players wnated out they could easily force his hand. If we really would want and tempt him, we surely could strike a good deal.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am wondering why Eberl has allowed both his main centrebacks to run down their contracts to a single year and yet is so adamant about keeping them. I know both have fixture related extension options but if the players wnated out they could easily force his hand. If we really would want and tempt him, we surely could strike a good deal.

I can only assume that the players signalled willingness to sign new contracts, he seems strangely calm about the whole situation. 

Paul Merson saying Frank should sign John Stones. He must be back on the fucking booze.
Why do these pundits suggest top clubs sign piss poor English players such as Stones and Callum Wilson for instance? The good ones, the Sanchos, the Chilwells, the Maddisons, absolutely yes it makes sense for some but honestly, John Stones, no thanks. Did think his move to City would work out for him as Pep loved these sort of CBs but speaks volumes about his level now when City have been linked with two new CBs this summer as well having probably used Eric Garcia, Fernandinho (at CB) and Otamendi more than Stones. He was one of Peps first signings and the fact hes wanted more CBs since then says it all. Avoid. Please.

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Paul Merson saying Frank should sign John Stones. He must be back on the fucking booze.
Why do these pundits suggest top clubs sign piss poor English players such as Stones and Callum Wilson for instance? The good ones, the Sanchos, the Chilwells, the Maddisons, absolutely yes it makes sense for some but honestly, John Stones, no thanks. Did think his move to City would work out for him as Pep loved these sort of CBs but speaks volumes about his level now when City have been linked with two new CBs this summer as well having probably used Eric Garcia, Fernandinho (at CB) and Otamendi more than Stones. He was one of Peps first signings and the fact hes wanted more CBs since then says it all. Avoid. Please.

Same Paul Merson suggesting United to sign Harry Kane. Yawn. Some pundits have a blatant agenda LOL

38 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Guardiola seems to have a problem with defenders at Man City - either getting terrible ones or getting good ones but failing to improve them. They have spent like hundreds of millions in that area and only Laporte and Walker have turned out to be good/decent. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Same Paul Merson suggesting United to sign Harry Kane. Yawn. Some pundits have a blatant agenda LOL

You can understand Kane too but aye Merson once he gets started hes just full of good ideas or almost near braindead quotes. He said they didnt need a CB like Luiz as he makes mistakes but suggested John Stones 😂

”....Stones is English, young enough to improve...” 

Hes 26. Yes can still improve but I get a whole Jesse Lingard young talent vibe from his comments.

Also who can forget this belter from Merson in his column:

“Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke.“I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch and looked like he belonged there.

or any of these