Chelsea 1 - 3 Real Madrid

Mendys feet are too big for him to miss the ball when attempting to kick it. 

That mistake alone killed our chances of making a comeback.

We will need to be at our very best to beat them in Spain. 

The thing that got to me most out of all the shyte we saw tonight was Lukakus miss.

How on Earth can that guy be soo bad but still be playing top flight football. 

If he is 100million how much is Benzema worth!!

1 minute ago, DDA said:

The thing that got to me most out of all the shyte we saw tonight was Lukakus miss.

Thing is you know.. be 2-3 or something and somehow he'll miss the chance to draw..

Least away goals don't count! 

We could have easily won today with the chances we had like always but we continue to miss in the crucial moments. Also our defence is not what it used to be last year. All CBs have regressed at least a bit and the absence of chillwell/rustiness of RJ is hurting the defensive balance big time.

Pls just forget about us getting anything in Madrid. We will probably travel there by coach lol and be completely tired. Then they will waste time and derail any kind of game flow from minute 1. This tie is over.

Weird game really because I don't think we played that bad and as is usual we were pretty wasteful with our chances.

We've been beaten by a world class striker on the absolute top of his game scoring 2 incredible headers and then a complete and utter fuck up. You just can't legislate for a mistake like that, and to be honest I was pretty happy with how the team pushed in the second half despite that mistake killing the atmosphere at a time where it felt we were in the ascendancy. We just needed to take one of those chances to keep us within a goal.

If we'd have gone to Madrid 2-1 down I'd have fancied us to at least put the frighteners into them but 2 goals behind against a team of that experience I think will be insurmountable.

Tonight's game probably showed up some of our weaknesses which need addressing - lack of depth in defence, especially on that left hand side without Chilwell has killed us since he went down injured, we need new blood in midfield to go in there with Kova. Kante in particular has struggled for form in recent months and Jorginho isn't far behind him with that regard. And then we need to find a way to move Lukaku on in the summer and build our attack around Havertz.

To be honest though, everything about Chelsea recently has been draining, especially with regards to the ownership and that's only going to exacerbate now we're showing some signs of wear and struggle on the pitch too. Right now, I'd take top 4 and draw a line under this season and hope to look forward to a new era with an ownership maybe with new ideas and some ambition to push the club on.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

better question

how much did Benz aid CR7 all those years?

Benz utterly sublimated his game for him for ages

Must be said, btw, that Mendy makes mistakes on a regular basis. He is capable of excellent saves and is as good as anyone with his hands but he makes idiotic decisions quite often with his feet. A dreadful clearance here, coming out of his area and not kicking the ball away there. He’ll punch rather than catch too often.

This is why he will never be more than a very good keeper and not at the truly elite level that Ederson and Allison are at.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

better question

how much did Benz aid CR7 all those years?

Benz utterly sublimated his game for him for ages

Not just that but he also got a lot of stick from media and Madrid fans for years that he wasn't deserving of that spot or was an area the club could improve on. He always seemed to be the fall guy for abuse when the team was struggling.

Obviously no taking away from Ronaldo but there's no doubt whatsoever he benefitted from playing alongside Benzema all those years. He's an excellent all round player who has flourished when given the opportunity to be the main man.