Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Jase

At least we showed we some good penalty takers. 10 out of 10. Even Thiago or NG cold blooded.

It is also essential to go first in the shootout, I believe if we were first, some Pool player would crack under the pressure later on.

14 minutes ago, Milan said:

At least we showed we some good penalty takers. 10 out of 10. Even Thiago or NG cold blooded.

It is also essential to go first in the shootout, I believe if we were first, some Pool player would crack under the pressure later on.

On the Liverpool end too

Disappointing when you get that close to it but we've had our fair share of penalty shoot out losses in recent years. It is a lottery once it gets to that stage.

No blame attached to Kepa and as per usual the wolves will come out berating the decision to sub Mendy off, mostly the same people labelling it genius when it worked in the Super Cup.

We had more than enough chances to take during the game and I thought overall we played really well today. I thought in patches we looked much sharper against Lille and today was an improvement against a much better team in red hot form amid the backdrop of everything going on over the last few days away from football. With the exception of Chilwell we seem to be getting back together a fully fit squad just at the right time and hopefully picking up a bit of form and looking much more dangerous creating chances.

Hopefully we can keep everyone behind us at arm's length and over the next 6 - 8 games pretty much get the top 4 as good as wrapped up then we can focus on Europe. Get past Lille and a decent quarter final draw like last season and you never know. Today once again confirmed when it comes to the big crunch games, we're always competitive and there or thereabouts regardless of form.

Edited by Superblue_1986

Kelleher is inexperienced so he conceded 10 out of 10 but Kepa looked out of his depth from the beginning.
The Liverpudlians knew Kepa's trick:
Dive low and fast so if you choose the correct corner it's one save out of two.
They never struck low. Always high or in the middle.
The way he kicked the ball in the last one is of course one for the comic videos of youtube.
I 'm sure Mendy would have done better.

4 minutes ago, Romans disciples said:

Typical Swedish cowardly imbecile , no understand .

Get back to your flat pack furniture and fuck off you pompous irrelevant apologist

fuck off, I am London born and raised you gobby worm

1 hour ago, Milan said:

yeah i exepcted it to be over when we lost both coin tosses. the one who takes first wins in 60% of cases. Still remarkable 6 of our players scored in a sudden death situation. We will come back stronger but this is getting annoying, 2nd pen loss to pool in 2 years, 3rd straight loss in a Wembley final, 4 out of 5 losses in wembley finals. have not won a national trophy in almost 4 years (tbf we won 4 international trophies in that time which is better)

in three finals this season we won two of them and more important. we loss against a second best team in the world with a very good performance. 

its sad miss some opportunitys but we have good sinals for the rest of the season

last season we lost one final and won another (50%)

this season won 2 and lost 1

lampard season lost two

sarri season won one (more important) and lost two (carling cup and community shield)

It was definitely offside by the current take on the offside rule, but that goes against the principle of the offside rule.

It is now benefitting defenses in a away which goes against the idea that the "same line is onside." It's irrelevant that the "arm" was offside. Players started their runs from the same position.

I think a very quick and easy improvement would be just consider torsos... no limbs.

Otherwise a very even game with a few clear cut chances missed and incredible goalkeeping from both teams.

I disagree with replacing Mendy tho -- he was having a monster game and his confidence was super high. It made no sense to me.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

It was definitely offside by the current take on the offside rule, but that goes against the principle of the offside rule.

It is now benefitting defenses in a away which goes against the idea that the "same line is onside." It's irrelevant that the "arm" was offside. Players started their runs from the same position.

I think a very quick and easy improvement would be just consider torsos... no limbs.

Otherwise a very even game with a few clear cut chances missed and incredible goalkeeping from both teams.

I disagree with replacing Mendy tho -- he was having a monster game and his confidence was super high. It made no sense to me.

The easiest way in my opinion to make it almost impossible to still be subjective as to where qualifying body parts start, is just to base on feet. 

This should be the easiest way for them to assess an offside call on VAR whilst also offering a small advantage to the attacking team whom I believe should be afforded a greater benefit of the doubt anyway.

Great game, great performance, and obviously not the result we wanted. 

I'm not fussed, since for me, we won that considering the BS method by which OFFSIDE is judged. The part of his body that can score was onside, so it is onside. 

Regardless, this just points to a bright future going forward. I think still at this point we are a team that can be the best in the world on a given day, but given our lack of experience, we can't carry it for an entire season. Liverpool went through the same thing when Klopp came. 

Havertz and Pulisic make us dangerous, and Mount really keeps our engine going from an attacking standpoint. As soon as these young guys can become consistent with the performance they put out today, we will be golden. We missed a tonne of chances, but I don't think it is a sign of bad finishing... we just had an off day in front of goal. It happens. We did put the ball in the net a couple times, but some close offsides as well. 

6 hours ago, Mário César said:

sadly we don't have the left back... cuz with chilwell we may has a decent chance to win the champions league again!

Even with Alonso, still think we are up there with City/Liverpool/Bayern for the CL. In one-off games, this team can break out of tight pressing and create chances. 

What a game!!! Not what I expected, I though Liverpool being in the form they are in would easily score against us but our defensive discipline was awesome combined with our offense it was a brilliant 0-0 game. Disappointed to lose but you dont mind this kind of loss because we couldnt have asked for more and if what we could are so minimal which is understandable. 

This is how a final should be ... all in, high octane drama, end to end stuff, end of it the sport comes out as a winner. 

Respect!!! 👏👏👏👏👏