WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is good to see him back to playing for his national team.

What? I completely missed this news.. Few months ago he said he would never represent Morocco anymore, I didn't know he is going to the World Cup. 

14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Several media outlets saying 6571 workers died constructing the stadia. The Qataris say 37.

Seems highly unrealistic that 6500 people died building stadiums.. But obviously even 37 is too much.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Seems highly unrealistic that 6500 people died building stadiums.. But obviously even 37 is too much.

''Over 6,500 migrant workers, employed on the immense construction sites for the facilities that will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, have died. This troubling figure was revealed following an investigation into data from government sources in five nations from which the workers emigrated: India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.'' 

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

''Over 6,500 migrant workers, employed on the immense construction sites for the facilities that will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, have died. This troubling figure was revealed following an investigation into data from government sources in five nations from which the workers emigrated: India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.'' 

This means 6500 immigrants who at some point worked in Qatar WC constructions died in the past 12 years, not that they all died in construction accidents.

Constructions were ongoing for around 10 years, with 6500 people it means daily 2 people died on construction for 10 years.. I don't feel it realistic. But of course I cannot know it for sure.  

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

This means 6500 immigrants who at some point worked in Qatar WC constructions died in the past 12 years, not that they all died in construction accidents.

Constructions were ongoing for around 10 years, with 6500 people it means daily 2 people died on construction for 10 years.. I don't feel it realistic. But of course I cannot know it for sure.  

The figure of 6,751 on official statistics from the governments of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, whose citizens make up a significant proportion of migrant workers in Qatar — in particular poorly-qualified workers.

The figure of 15,021 quoted by Amnesty International was obtained from official statistics from the Qatari authorities themselves, and refers to the number of foreigners who died in the country between 2010 and 2019. Between 2011 and 2020, it was 15,799. This is based on a whole range of projects linked to the tournament that have been undertaken, including new motorways, hotels, a new metro system, an airport expansion and an entire new city in Lusail, just north of Doha-the country's Government Communications Office said: "Although each loss of life is upsetting, the mortality rate among these communities is within the expected range for the size and demographics of the population." The figures dont include hundreds that died of kidney failure on return to their home countries through lack of water. Whatever the figures are, its sad state of affairs. 

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

What? I completely missed this news.. Few months ago he said he would never represent Morocco anymore, I didn't know he is going to the World Cup. 

He had an issue with their previous manager. The moment Halilhodzic was sacked, he returned to the NT.

Maybe it is indeed time for South America once again. Both Brazil and Argentina have a clean bill of health going in. France lost all their best players while England lost their FBs and tbh, they are weak in the middle and defense.

Think the winner will be one of the ones above... even the extreme heat may benefit them I suppose.

2022 FIFA World Cup, Group Stage

Qatar             qat.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Ecuador         ecu.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

https://www.sportfacts.net/sports/2022/world-cup-qatar-qatar-vs-ecuador-s1/

https://www.eplsite.uk/stream7.html

https://www.eplsite.uk/stream10.html

15b077710763040e9fe2310cdb1765ed.pngbb9da02df1603c7c0c05a4c2cd0ecc6e.png

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and they don't show lines or offer any explanations

this bodes very ill

as we all know how SHIT WC refs are ofttimes