Chelsea 2-1 Plymouth

Jase

If we could at least see some idea of what Tuchel wants from our attack I’d be more positive about our future outlook. Some patterns of play, some attacking moves that we try repeatedly, some chemistry between certain players. But there’s none of that. All season (and last) we look like an assemblage of random strangers who have never played together before.

Even when we were at our flying best up to that Juve match it was our two wingbacks looking like our most dangerous attackers rather than the actual forwards.

I ask myself what a attacking genius like Pep would do with our current personnel. He’d likely go with Pulisic left, Ziyech right, Havertz up top, and Mount in behind. Lukaku wouldn’t get a sniff because she’s not good enough technically and CHO wouldn’t either because he’s dumb as a rock around the box. 

We need to work on quick, short passing, triangles, one touch football. Not what we’re seeing now which is dominate 70% of the ball but grind to a halt over the half way line.

23 minutes ago, Jase said:

Not the time, Zaphod. NOT. THE. TIME. 

It is the time. Honestly, I dont know how some enjoy the game at all when it is a weekly ritual to pick apart the players. The attacking players have been shit but we are still in all comps. We can still finish the season with three cups or more… realistically. If you cannot bring yourself to enjoying that because every week is teeth gnashing session about player deficits, it might be time to do something else. 

I am going to enjoy the cup runs. 

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we could at least see some idea of what Tuchel wants from our attack I’d be more positive about our future outlook. Some patterns of play, some attacking moves that we try repeatedly, some chemistry between certain players. But there’s none of that. All season (and last) we look like an assemblage of random strangers who have never played together before.

Even when we were at our flying best up to that Juve match it was our two wingbacks looking like our most dangerous attackers rather than the actual forwards.

I ask myself what a attacking genius like Pep would do with our current personnel. He’d likely go with Pulisic left, Ziyech right, Havertz up top, and Mount in behind. Lukaku wouldn’t get a sniff because she’s not good enough technically and CHO wouldn’t either because he’s dumb as a rock around the box. 

We need to work on quick, short passing, triangles, one touch football. Not what we’re seeing now which is dominate 70% of the ball but grind to a halt over the half way line.

Pep wanted Lukaku. 

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Honestly, I dont know how some enjoy the game at all when it is a weekly ritual to pick apart the players. The attacking players have been shit but we are still in all comps. We can still finish the season with three cups or more… realistically. If you cannot bring yourself to enjoying that because every week is teeth gnashing session about player deficits, it might be time to do something else. 

What do you mean? I thought it's a very fashionable thing to do! 🙃

I don’t quite believe we made all attacking signings on a hunch / the best shiny toy. On paper Timo and Werner would have been ideal for the Lampard system  just lost all their form after a few games. not our scoutings fault I would say

Kai was clearly the shiny new toy tho . We signed him up and asked questions later 

puli was a marketing gag

lukaku just a brain dead signing . Made me lose all faith in the boards sanity again. 

i would go the aforementioned way. Sign quality defenders or defensive midfielders for big money if necessary but get all attackers on the cheap or from the development squads . On average the goals output between guys like Tammy, broja  will be not too different from the big money guys 

3 hours ago, Jase said:

This is a new one. 

Maybe I am clutching at straws but the pitch is not as big as Emirates and a lot of the times the attackers just don't seem to have the space to channel down the wing and beat a man constantly. Just looks relatively small when I compare it to other grounds.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Maybe I am clutching at straws but the pitch is not as big as Emirates and a lot of the times the attackers just don't seem to have the space to channel down the wing and beat a man constantly. Just looks relatively small when I compare it to other grounds.

Not the first time I've heard that. Chelsea-Barcelona games at the Bridge are a testament to that. You could see how Barcelona dropped down levels when they were the visiting side.

Maybe we just need attackers with more athleticism, like in the late 2000s.  

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not saying Callum has blown the world away but not really sure exactly why Pulisic is rated higher, even factoring his purple patch nearly two years ago now.

In the last few weeks alone Callum made three massive contributions to our win at Villa and his quality created the Ziyech moment. Without him we could well be winless in the league since Leeds.

How far back do we have to go to find as many clutch contributions from Pulisic? I think the last one atall was Real, admittedly a huge one was still.

Edited by Tomo

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not saying Callum has blown the world away but not really sure exactly why Pulisic is rated higher, even factoring his purple patch nearly two years ago now.

In the last few weeks alone Callum made three massive contributions to our win at Villa and his quality created the Ziyech moment. Without him we could well be winless in the league since Leeds.

How far back do we have to go to find as many clutch contributions from Pulisic? I think the last one atall was Real, admittedly a huge one was still.

Liverpool. He always seems to turn up against Liverpool. He does need to find his game. Two of the games with the USMNT he started and was shit. The last game he was brought on in the 63 minute and killed it. Maybe he is a super sub?

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

they seem excited, lol

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/february/cup-draw/

Club News

Hatters to face Chelsea in FA Cup fifth round!
Large

Getting tickets for this be so handy. Its about 10 minutes up the road! Unfortunately probably not the case

33 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Liverpool. He always seems to turn up against Liverpool. He does need to find his game. Two of the games with the USMNT he started and was shit. The last game he was brought on in the 63 minute and killed it. Maybe he is a super sub?

Wow that one genuinely slipped my mind, how embarrassing.