Chelsea 3-2 Leeds

Jase

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kova has been out months and has COVID. Could take him a couple of weeks to get up to speed. Kante will have been out for a few weeks as well. We won’t be instantly fixed when these two get back.

What would be most helpful is for Lukaku, Werner, and Havertz to start banging the goals in.

We scored 7 goals last 3 games and only because of luck got one win today. If our defence was on previous level and kept clean sheets or even concede one goal in every game we would got all 3 wins. I agree those 3 players are under performing big time but it's essential for us to be solid at the back again because once we were we looked like title contender even with attacking players under performing. 

55 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I said we had good run with CHO not that he should start. And no, I don't think Havertz should start either. I don't have any agenda, we have 7 players upfront for 3 positions. Ones who deliver should play. Simple as that. I said Werner should start today because he delivered against Zenit. I also said Mount was our best player against Watford and WH. But last 2 games he didn't deliver except tap in today. 

And yet, you said Havertz should start along with Werner and Ziyech for the Leeds game in another thread.

Didn't you say Mount was only our best player because the others didn't perform? 🤨

58 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Main issue is that Ziyech got dropped for no reason. 

Think the main issue is you're way too obsessed with stats...

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Anyway even if he was fully fit bringing on a shit presser when we were already getting ripped apart is tactical suicide.

I just wanted to go back to this as I didn't address it at the time - If we can bring on our most expensive player to score a goal at a time of need, what's he doing here?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I just wanted to go back to this as I didn't address it at the time - If we can bring on our most expensive player to score a goal at a time of need, what's he doing here?

Without meaning to be pedantic we didn't see to score at the point I posted the original post, we just needed to stop Leeds from doing so and we were finding that hard enough as it was without bringing on someone next to useless out of possession.

Re the bolded bit, you're preaching to the converted.

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

I've feeling that this win could be one of the most importants of the season.

I dont think so. Simply delaying the end result of falling comfortably below Liverpool and City. This was an under-strength Leeds at home and team was going side to side with the ball without a plan of how they would break the defence down.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I dont think so. Simply delaying the end result of falling comfortably below Liverpool and City. This was an under-strength Leeds at home and team was going side to side with the ball without a plan of how they would break the defence down.

Most of the seasons has ups and downs. We're clearly in a bad moment, but this type of wins, even playing badly, are importnat to help the team to make a big step to come back with good exibitions.

If we recover kova and kanté to next games, I believe that we have good chances to play good again. let's see...

4 hours ago, Strike said:

And we needed penalties to win..and against Man U to get a point..

Guess others also did but still..

Another thing that worries me is our attack.

We have seven attackers Lakaku, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, CHO

And there isn't any three from them that we could play together on a regular basis... in actual fact we can't even field a compatible attack at all, all of them look like strangers.

Aside from that just watched Palace v Everton and star of the game Conor Gallagher👏 we could do with him back now.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Another thing that worries me is our attack.

We have seven attackers Lakaku, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount, CHO

And there isn't any three from them that we could play together on a regular basis... in actual fact we can't even field a compatible attack at all, all of them look like strangers.

Aside from that just watched Palace v Everton and star of the game Conor Gallagher👏 we could do with him back now.

I think Tomo or perhaps it was someone else had mentioned that the attack and results have gone pretty badly since CHO was taken out of the team in another thread and its hard to disagree based on what we’ve seen.