Chelsea 3-2 Leeds

Jase

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Almost 5 years now and we are still asking Alonso to be replaced. 

Well he was replaced but the football Gods chose to take away our best LB's ligaments. Had it been any of our attacker who suffered that injury we would have survived this period.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah but we've battered many teams iin recent times and dropped points, we were long overdue a few reversals and buys us time to come out the other side.

It was a long wait for our fortune to turn around, tbf. 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

I don't know if we are going to draw Bayern but they were sh*te today against Mainz (2-1 in the end).

They have never been that great this season...thanks to shit german league and lack of quality opposition in CL group stages...

Though meeting them would be another different ball game...

RLC will be a fine weapon off the bench but still can’t be counted on consistently as a starter. Just the calming effect on the whole squad that either Kante or Kova provide is huge. I pray that one or the other is ready for Thursday. The manner in which Leeds carved through us time and again is unacceptable.

And I’m just seeing now we have Everton up next. Another side in horrible form. A side that may be 1 more poor result away from sacking their manager. Oh, boy…

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

The key is to get to the point our players return still in touch by hook or by crook and go from there.

It would help of course but is it really as simple as getting our injured players back?

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding the opponents in our good run it's easy to say in hindsight but at the time many were pissing their pants at going to our "bogey ground", having a post international break early kick off at Leicester and facing Juve's double decker. The latter two especially could and probably would have tripped us up if we weren't on it.

Why should how people viewed those games be of concern here? Leicester and Juventus aside, the rest were real scrubs. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Werner, Havertz and Mount cannot produce in games like today as well as the boys who can come off the bench for us, then I would be worried.

So are you worried? They did not produce anything. First goal was all Alonso and 2 pens won by Rudiger and converted by Jorginho. 

On the other hand Ziyech produced in every of the last 6 or 7 games he played and did not start last 2 games. Absolutely mental from TT. Our good run was when Ziyech and CHO played. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So are you worried? They did not produce anything. First goal was all Alonso and 2 pens won by Rudiger and converted by Jorginho. 

On the other hand Ziyech produced in every of the last 6 or 7 games he played and did not start last 2 games. Absolutely mental from TT. Our good run was when Ziyech and CHO played. 

If we can only play well when Ziyech and CHO start, then we are seriously fucked.

Okay, there were Juventus and Leicester in that run but for the love of god, we played some real horrendous teams - teams that we should be beating if we're being serious - during the run you mentioned. And since people are going all gaga over our injuries right now, you could also say that they did well when we had most key players available compared to now.

It's also funny you use stats to drive your agenda when it suits you. If your logic to players starting is goals (and/or assists), then why aren't you saying that Havertz shouldn't be starting considering his last goal was a month ago? Why are you saying CHO should start when he's scored only 1 goal in his last 9 appearances before today? Shouldn't Mount be starting considering he's now scored in 3 consecutive league games or are you gonna ignore that because it's Mount? 

22 minutes ago, Jase said:

If we can only play well when Ziyech and CHO start, then we are seriously fucked.

Okay, there were Juventus and Leicester in that run but for the love of god, we played some real horrendous teams - teams that we should be beating if we're being serious - during the run you mentioned. And since people are going all gaga over our injuries right now, you could also say that they did well when we had most key players available compared to now.

It's also funny you use stats to drive your agenda when it suits you. If your logic to players starting is goals (and/or assists), then why aren't you saying that Havertz shouldn't be starting considering his last goal was a month ago? Why are you saying CHO should start when he's scored only 1 goal in his last 9 appearances before today? Shouldn't Mount be starting considering he's now scored in 3 consecutive league games or are you gonna ignore that because it's Mount? 

I said we had good run with CHO not that he should start. And no, I don't think Havertz should start either. I don't have any agenda, we have 7 players upfront for 3 positions. Ones who deliver should play. Simple as that. I said Werner should start today because he delivered against Zenit. I also said Mount was our best player against Watford and WH. But last 2 games he didn't deliver except tap in today. 

Main issue is that Ziyech got dropped for no reason. 

Against Everton for example Ziyech and Pulisic should be sure thing. 3rd spot between CHO and Mount. 

2 minutes ago, milka said:

If we can get through to January  still in touch with City and Liverpool and get the injured players back in, anything can happen.

At the moment we  just survive . 

At some point next week only Chilwell will be out so one injury cannot be excuse. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

At some point next week only Chilwell will be out so one injury cannot be excuse. 

Kova has been out months and has COVID. Could take him a couple of weeks to get up to speed. Kante will have been out for a few weeks as well. We won’t be instantly fixed when these two get back.

What would be most helpful is for Lukaku, Werner, and Havertz to start banging the goals in.