Chelsea 3-2 Leeds

Jase

10 minutes ago, different level said:

We won, but man we got so lucky. Things are definitely not looking great for the upcoming matches.

Yeah but we've battered many teams iin recent times and dropped points, we were long overdue a few reversals and buys us time to come out the other side.

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Fucking love it. Their fans are animals, we have so much history with them- i dont think many here know what a win over dirty Leeds means to Chelsea fans

Oh I do mate.. and I lost myself at the pen in stoppage time... was giving the fingers up to the TV. My wife had to check me. 😂

13 minutes ago, Jase said:

A win that papers over the cracks. Next...

Any idea when Kante is back? We need to spend all our January money on Tchoumani regardless, we can't survive rest of the season with the midfield we have. Have Alonso, Saul, CHO fight it out for LWB position.

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Any idea when Kante is back? We need to spend all our January money on Tchoumani regardless, we can't survive rest of the season with the midfield we have. Have Alonso, Saul, CHO fight it out for LWB position.

And probably Digne...but not that as important ad Tchouameni...

Just now, DDA said:

Oh I do mate.. and I lost myself at the pen in stoppage time... was giving the fingers up to the TV. My wife had to check me. 😂

👍 Massive 'skirmish' up there one time -somehow one of theres got pushed through a building society window...🤗

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah but we've battered many teams iin recent times and dropped points, we were long overdue a few reversals and buys us time to come out the other side.

Am gonna jinx this but while I don't think we'll fall into a scrap for the Top 4 like the last 4 seasons, you do wonder how many times are we going to get away with these kind of performances. Like, is it sustainable enough to keep up with City and Liverpool? Even when we were winning games earlier this season, there were games where we won because of a clinical finish or two and the same things are happening again recently with worse performances. Our best run of performances came between the end of October and somewhere middle of November but we played some real scrubs during that period. So, yeah. 

1 minute ago, Jase said:

Am gonna jinx this but while I don't think we'll fall into a scrap for the Top 4 like the last 4 seasons, you do wonder how many times are we going to get away with these kind of performances. Like, is it sustainable enough to keep up with City and Liverpool? Even when we were winning games earlier this season, there were games where we won because of a clinical finish or two and the same things are happening again recently with worse performances. Our best run of performances came between the end of October and somewhere middle of November but we played some real scrubs during that period. So, yeah. 

No but two weeks ago we looked like Champions, a lot can change. The key is to get to the point our players return still in touch by hook or by crook and go from there.

Regarding the opponents in our good run it's easy to say in hindsight but at the time many were pissing their pants at going to our "bogey ground", having a post international break early kick off at Leicester and facing Juve's double decker. The latter two especially could and probably would have tripped us up if we weren't on it.

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

We need to find a way to rest Thiago Silva and James whilst winning. Our defensive mistakes look more like fatigue issues imo. Defense used to be able to bail us out but lately they look a step slower due to overload of games. City are lucky teams have a mental edge when they play them but they should be going through the same thing too. Look at Wolves today, Jimenez red card is type of things that happen for city but never in our games. Teams don't fear Chelsea because we barely punish them when on form.