Chelsea 1-1 Burnley

Jase

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

In the context of this weekends other fixtures and with the international break coming up this is a colossal game for us. And I’m very, very glad it’s at the Bridge and not at Burnley where they could spring a surprise on a big club or two every season.

I can 100% see United being abysmal for 80+ minutes, keeping the match 0-0, and then have Bruno or CR7 bail them out with a late winner out of nowhere. I can also see West Ham giving Liverpool a horrible time and one or both of them both dropping points is lovely for us.

Hope we start the game aggressively rather than the slow, tedious way we have recently. Could be a huge 3 points.

Yeahh I'm expecting a United win..would put them I think level with City if they did...just hope we can go go go. No faff..no surprises and keep it all going

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeahh I'm expecting a United win..would put them I think level with City if they did...just hope we can go go go. No faff..no surprises and keep it all going

And they’re the early kickoff tomorrow as well. So if City lose or drop points we will have extra motivation to win I hope. Then loads of pressure on Liverpool on Sunday if we win.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And they’re the early kickoff tomorrow as well. So if City lose or drop points we will have extra motivation to win I hope. Then loads of pressure on Liverpool on Sunday if we win.

City don't worry..as much..Liverpool however. Odd draw but still impressive most of the time.. ish

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

In the context of this weekends other fixtures and with the international break coming up this is a colossal game for us. And I’m very, very glad it’s at the Bridge and not at Burnley where they could spring a surprise on a big club or two every season.

I can 100% see United being abysmal for 80+ minutes, keeping the match 0-0, and then have Bruno or CR7 bail them out with a late winner out of nowhere. 

Would rather be playing at Turf Moor, it's been our easiest away game of the season for the past three years. Also would be very out of character for Fernandes to make a key contribution tomorow, he makes Lukaku look like the ultimate big game player.

Edit: Jase sort of beat me to it.

Edited by Tomo

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I don't know if that will be motivation or a hindrance, seeing as we're playing after. 

Hope we are focused and do the job against a Burnley side that have been problematic for us in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, Jase said:

Isn't it a bit too early to think about gaps, other teams dropping points etc? 

I would say so. It's also something Tuchel mentioned last week when asked about others' results.

Edited by LAM09

8 hours ago, Jase said:

This team hasn't challenged in the league for 4 years. A gap means more psychologically for us than City or Liverpool 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

This team hasn't challenged in the league for 4 years. A gap means more psychologically for us than City or Liverpool 

A gap is nice but it's still only 11 games in and nothing is decisive yet. Moreover, we haven't even gone through the November-December period yet, a period of where we have typically gone downhill in past seasons. 

14 hours ago, Jase said:

Too early to make any declarative statements when it comes to a gap between us and Liverpool & City. But if we were to put 10 points between ourselves and United I think we can safely rule them out as a threat to us. At the start of the season it would’ve sounded insane that we could stop worrying about them so early.

I just can’t picture us going on an extended dreadful run with the squad we have. Even with a handful of important players out injured now we still get on just fine. 

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Too early to make any declarative statements when it comes to a gap between us and Liverpool & City. But if we were to put 10 points between ourselves and United I think we can safely rule them out as a threat to us. At the start of the season it would’ve sounded insane that we could stop worrying about them so early.

At the risk of jinxing it, is anyone really concerned about United now? I guess, if anything, it's better to just pull away from 5th and the rest just so that we don't get pulled into another Top 4 scrap. 

46 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just can’t picture us going on an extended dreadful run with the squad we have. Even with a handful of important players out injured now we still get on just fine. 

But one can't deny that the fixtures of late have also been kind. We play Malmo (twice), Southampton in the cup and Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley - three teams who have won only ONE league game between them this season.

Imagine if we had these injuries earlier this season or later this month/next month with tougher fixtures.