Chelsea 1-1 Burnley

Jase

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The difference is the drop off from our squad to City's. If Pulisic & Mount (he was ill from an infection) are fit, why aren't they starting? 

Some players should be kept for random cup games & the odd few minutes once games are already decided.

But Pulisic hadn't played at all since mid August while Tuchel already indicated on Friday that Mount won't be able to play much. Today's game really had nothing to do with them not playing. 

1 minute ago, Jase said:

But Pulisic hasn't played at all since mid August while Tuchel already indicated on Friday that Mount won't be able to play much. Today's game really had nothing to do with them not playing. 

Pulisic played on Tuesday night?

I'm putting the fact we lost two points behind me, but for anyone to say Tuchel didn't make poor selection choices is beyond me.

After seeing line up I was sure after the match I would post how genius Tuchel is and how disappointed I was  he had chosen Lukaku for his winning silverware ambitions. It wasn't given. Guys, Ross Barkley started this match for us. Ross Barkley. And Cho. How many complete matches this duo have this calendar year? It's November. This was their first start with Havertz. They created lots of chances but they missed practice, self esteem  to certain extent. Maybe even match sharpness. Game had it's elements to go wrong.

About Leauge title. Lukaku will play against West Ham home and away , Everton home and away, City home, Man Utd home and away, Liverpool home, Arsenal home, Tottenham home. During at  least half of those games we won't be able to press and defend properly maybe even score. We will lose points. After November - December slump we may find ourselves fighting for the third place . 

Don't expect it anyway. Leave room to be shocked just like I would be.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Pulisic played on Tuesday night?

I'm putting the fact we lost two points behind me, but for anyone to say Tuchel didn't make poor selection choices is beyond me.

Yes, Pulisic came on against Malmo but it was only for the last 15 minutes. But the point is, he's well short of match fitness having barely played in almost 3 months. It's understandable if Tuchel wants to take it slowly with Pulisic and not start him just yet, especially against a side like Burnley.

Not sure why you're criticizing Tuchel's selection. The problem yesterday was that we didn't finish the chances rather than not playing well. Had Havertz, CHO, Barkley or one of the CBs converted one extra chance and we won, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The only selection that is perhaps questionable was the inclusion of Barkley but then again, one could argue that Ziyech has been poor, Pulisic is hardly match fit while Mount is being affected by infection and thus not at 100%. 

This just highlights why I argued its important to win the big games and small ones.

Onwards and upwards, Could be dodgy against utd after another intl break.

Atleast with lukaku back it gives us rotation options up front, Just need to be more clinical.

Burnley played well and have now got 3 wins and a draw. not bad.

The fact is how do we solve the issue of profligacy in front of goal!

We outplayed Burnley yesterday creating several good scoring chances but we missed the all except one. Most finishing was completely off target even when in a position to put it into the back of the net easily. The selection was perfect but it is just disappointing we drew. Burnley was extremely lucky bcos it could have easily been 6-0.

1 hour ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Burnley played well and have now got 3 wins and a draw. not bad.

There was nothing quite exciting abt Burnley's game yesterday. We beat them on every aspect including setpieces where they are most dangerous in. We broke down theirr defence at will. If we had convert half our chances the scoreline would have still been a minimum of 3-0. One thing is that when u keep on missing your chances in a game u lead by a small magine, the opponent develops confidence that they can still get something from the game.

my mood is still

FUCKKK

we were the least clinical I can ever recall

we played magnificently in all facets but fucking finishing

their goal ever would have never even happened if we had been up 3, 4, 5 nil

fuck fuck fuck

this is 2 points dropped that may smash us in the end

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

this is 2 points dropped that may smash us in the end

Far too early for this to be possible. The good news is although drop points, the system was still flawless. Created loads of chances and dealt with Burnley relatively well after the goal. (Rodriguez counter attack + Vydra lob). 

There is a reason Tuchel was still positive. We should be too.  

Edited by MoroccanBlue

8 hours ago, Jase said:

Yes, Pulisic came on against Malmo but it was only for the last 15 minutes. But the point is, he's well short of match fitness having barely played in almost 3 months. It's understandable if Tuchel wants to take it slowly with Pulisic and not start him just yet, especially against a side like Burnley.

Not sure why you're criticizing Tuchel's selection. The problem yesterday was that we didn't finish the chances rather than not playing well. Had Havertz, CHO, Barkley or one of the CBs converted one extra chance and we won, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The only selection that is perhaps questionable was the inclusion of Barkley but then again, one could argue that Ziyech has been poor, Pulisic is hardly match fit while Mount is being affected by infection and thus not at 100%. 

As I mentioned yesterday, he was reactive & only made chances after we conceded. Ifs, buts, had are of little relevance when the score is in the balance.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As I mentioned yesterday, he was reactive & only made chances after we conceded. Ifs, buts, had are of little relevance when the score is in the balance.

Hindsight is 20/20. 

At the time, Barkley, Havertz, and CHO were creating chances for fun but not capitilising. Their work rate was also effective. Add the fact Mount + Pulisic aren't in the best condition, I think it is incredibly harsh to claim Tuchel was reactive here. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Hindsight is 20/20. 

At the time, Barkley, Havertz, and CHO were creating chances for fun but not capitilising. Their work rate was also effective. Add the fact Mount + Pulisic aren't in the best condition, I think it is incredibly harsh to claim Tuchel was reactive here. 

They weren't taking their chances, though. CHO missed a sitter shortly before Burnley scored, IIRC. 

Harsh or not, that's just how I see it. He would have received the plaudits had they scored a late winner, so he should be held by the same token.

45 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Far too early for this to be possible. The good news is although drop points, the system was still flawless. Created loads of chances and dealt with Burnley relatively well after the goal. (Rodriguez counter attack + Vydra lob). 

There is a reason Tuchel was still positive. We should be too.  

any points dropped can come back and haunt you

if we miss out on the title by 1 point, this game is one (there could be others you can point to as well) that deffo lost us the title

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

57 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They weren't taking their chances, though. CHO missed a sitter shortly before Burnley scored, IIRC. 

Harsh or not, that's just how I see it. He would have received the plaudits had they scored a late winner, so he should be held by the same token.

@MoroccanBlue has already touched on it but I'll say it anyway. It was understandable that Tuchel didn't make any changes before late on. We were playing well but we just weren't taking the chances, something that no one can legislate. No guarantee at all that Pulisic or Mount - who aren't in the best of shape - would have put the chances away had either come on earlier. As it has been said many times, yes, the draw against Burnley was frustrating but shit happens. It was just one of those days, just like we fluked a win at Brentford. What we need to ensure is games like this are kept to a minimum or zero for the season. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

any points dropped can come back and haunt you

if we miss out on the title by 1 point, this game is one (there could be others you can point to as well) that deffo lost us the title

Yes and am sure City and Liverpool fans would complain about their results as well if they miss out by a narrow margin.

As frustrating as yesterday's draw was, not sure why people are overreacting (maybe I shouldn't be surprised at all). Before yesterday, we had dropped points in only 2 games - against Liverpool and Man City - and that's not too bad at all, even after adding this Burnley draw. Yesterday was just one of those days. Just take it on the chin and move on and make sure this doesn't happen too often, or at all, for the season.

The only "funny" thing is Arsenal are now only 6 points behind us and 3 behind City. They would also be only 2 behind Liverpool if they lose at West Ham. 

3 hours ago, maxlev said:

There was nothing quite exciting abt Burnley's game yesterday. We beat them on every aspect including setpieces where they are most dangerous in. We broke down theirr defence at will. If we had convert half our chances the scoreline would have still been a minimum of 3-0. One thing is that when u keep on missing your chances in a game u lead by a small magine, the opponent develops confidence that they can still get something from the game.

We had 25 shots with like 5 on target i think, Burnley did play well, Pope was good for them and their goal was class.

Like i said just need to convert some shots into goals more but that will come, The main positive is that we are finding the rub and enabling ourselves to get efforts in at goal.

With lukaku our only outlet up front like weve seen we dont even get that, Id like to see lukaku rotated with kai i.e kai isnt finding the net? send lukaku on etc..

Edited by Warning_Hazard