Chelsea 1-1 Burnley

Jase

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

Great but...what has that got to do with our game with Burnley?

Upcoming match that doesn't have an open thread yet. It seems entirely appropriate to discuss an upcoming match in the Match Chat forum. I hope we absolutely smash Man Utd and Varane being out and Maguire lost in the weeds is a beautiful thing for us. Even with a weakened defence they are still a threatening team.

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Upcoming match that doesn't have an open thread yet. It seems entirely appropriate to discuss an upcoming match in the Match Chat forum. I hope we absolutely smash Man Utd and Varane being out and Maguire lost in the weeds is a beautiful thing for us. Even with a weakened defence they are still a threatening team.

No you're wrong! this is supposed to be the Chelsea v Burnley thread.

Nothing to do with Manure, or any other up and coming game.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is Burnley, what can honestly be said? Is Burnley a nice city to visit? I have never heard of it outside football.

Bit of a shit hole to be honest.

Trivia -it's Alistair Campbells team -who ? Tony Blairs spin doctor.

In the context of this weekends other fixtures and with the international break coming up this is a colossal game for us. And I’m very, very glad it’s at the Bridge and not at Burnley where they could spring a surprise on a big club or two every season.

I can 100% see United being abysmal for 80+ minutes, keeping the match 0-0, and then have Bruno or CR7 bail them out with a late winner out of nowhere. I can also see West Ham giving Liverpool a horrible time and one or both of them both dropping points is lovely for us.

Hope we start the game aggressively rather than the slow, tedious way we have recently. Could be a huge 3 points.