Chelsea 1-1 Burnley

Jase

1 hour ago, Jase said:

@MoroccanBlue has already touched on it but I'll say it anyway. It was understandable that Tuchel didn't make any changes before late on. We were playing well but we just weren't taking the chances, something that no one can legislate. No guarantee at all that Pulisic or Mount - who aren't in the best of shape - would have put the chances away had either come on earlier. As it has been said many times, yes, the draw against Burnley was frustrating but shit happens. It was just one of those days, just like we fluked a win at Brentford. What we need to ensure is games like this are kept to a minimum or zero for the season. 

Just to put it bluntly, this won't be a rare occurrence. You were quite adamant about our attacking players upping their output, but so far, it's looking like the same old story.

Hope I'm proven wrong, though.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Just to put it bluntly, this won't be a rare occurrence. You were quite adamant about our attacking players upping their output, but so far, it's looking like the same old story.

TBF, CHO and Barkley weren't in my consideration when I said that previously. 🤣

Tuchel did ZERO wrong yesterday

he got everything spot on

it is not his fault we missed 8 or 9 clear chances

it is just one of those fucking games that football coughs up like a cat hairball every so often

28 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They have this recent week aside.

Admitedly poor opposition but they were scoring for fun vs Malmo first time, Norwich and Newcastle and we were very poor between Villa and Brentford yet came out of that period top. 

@LAM09 Since you questioned why Tuchel didn't start Pulisic against Burnley...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/11/07/tuchel-on-monitoring-pulisic-s-national-team-involvement-and-hop

‘Christian still feels a little bit of pain but of course...It’s a matter of managing the pain in his ankle, not a matter of a reinjury or anything like that. It’s just that things are still a bit painful for him.'

This game was one of those that happen in football were you should win 3 to 6 nil, then somehow draw/lose. 

For me, credit needs to be given to Burnley/Pope for hanging in there and for us to not lose prospective. I mean AC and Silva both only just missed mistimed their headers, Pope made two good saves against CHO (although CHO should've done better with the rebound on the first), Harvetz then makes a great run across the six yard box and the defender gets a slight nick to send it over (I didn't see a reply, so if that was him putting it over then that was a bad miss.) 

On their goal, Rudi slightly falls asleep to play them onside and they take their chance. Stuff like this happens all the time, it is frustrating but we shouldn't lose perspective. 

Edited by King Kante

5 hours ago, Jase said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/11/07/tuchel-on-monitoring-pulisic-s-national-team-involvement-and-hop

‘Christian still feels a little bit of pain but of course...It’s a matter of managing the pain in his ankle, not a matter of a reinjury or anything like that. It’s just that things are still a bit painful for him.'

And yet he was still selected for the National side?

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If he comes back without so much as a scratch it would be a miracle. 

Completely agree. We also have Giovani Reyna injured, so two wingers and two strikers who also play on the wing. Pulisic will not be shown rest if he can crawl to the games.

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

This game was one of those that happen in football were you should win 3 to 6 nil, then somehow draw/lose. 

For me, credit needs to be given to Burnley/Pope for hanging in there and for us to not lose prospective. I mean AC and Silva both only just missed mistimed their headers, Pope made two good saves against CHO (although CHO should've done better with the rebound on the first), Harvetz then makes a great run across the six yard box and the defender gets a slight nick to send it over (I didn't see a reply, so if that was him putting it over then that was a bad miss.) 

On their goal, Rudi slightly falls asleep to play them onside and they take their chance. Stuff like this happens all the time, it is frustrating but we shouldn't lose perspective. 

Think I got lucky missing this game. When you're just dealing with the result it's easier to do as you suggest and put things into perspective. If I'd been in the ground the frustration would have been strong but I chose to go to Walsall to watch the women instead. Turns out that was a little frustrating too but at least they won.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

One of those games which should have won easy specially with the firepower we have but we didnt. Our interplay was superb right till our final third where we couldnt really put the final ball in the net. Also it could be one of those days the goalie becomes unbeatable. 

One criticism is that we tend to relax after we hit the first goal and somehow rely on our defense to stay solid ... this allows the opponent to get into the game and shifts the momentum from us to them. This has being quite regular in every game, we managed to get through ... on this one we couldnt. 

This result is even frustrating after Liverpool lost, we should have the buffer but :( ... Hope we dont have more of these slip ups. 

11 hours ago, Jase said:

Ah, fair enough. Let's see the USA NT do the same thing. 😀

On 07/11/2021 at 18:51, Tomo said:

They have this recent week aside.

Admitedly poor opposition but they were scoring for fun vs Malmo first time, Norwich and Newcastle and we were very poor between Villa and Brentford yet came out of that period top. 

If I remember correctly, a wonder strike from James was how we broke through Newcastle. Not sure how he's part of our attacking players. 

We had FOURTY SEVEN shots on goal in our last two games and only scored two goals, so sorry for me not being understanding with regards to your "recent week aside" comment.

Edited by LAM09

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Ah, fair enough. Let's see the USA NT do the same thing. 😀

If I remember correctly, a wonder strike from James was how we broke through Newcastle. Not sure how he's part of our attacking players. 

We had FOURTY SEVEN shots on goal in our last two games and only scored two goals, so sorry for me not being understanding with regards to your "recent week aside" comment.

I would say in this current system James and Chilwell are attacking players. Since the shift to inverted wingbacks they've practically been number 10s in possesion.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I would say in this current system James and Chilwell are attacking players. Since the shift to inverted wingbacks they've practically been number 10s in possesion.

@Jase was referring to our attackers (correct me, if I'm wrong). They might be playing in different positions, but we shouldn't be reliant on them to score whilst players that actually play upfront remain abysmal in front of goal.