Chelsea 1-1 Burnley

Jase

We had players on numerous occasions literally standing in 5 yards worth of space ON THEIR PENALTY SPOT and somehow failed to finish the chances. These are the chances Lukaku feasts on so he was a huge miss today. CHO and Barkley choked and cost us 2 points today.

Just one of those games, we played well with chances, we could have played 180 minutes and Pope would have kept the ball out.

Kai though, goal aside, was absolutely shocking, I cannot hide my disappointment unfortunately, constant let down.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Still top of the league and if we had taken chances... we would have won easily. Let's look at the positives... thsi could have been one of those frustrating losses but instead it was a frustrating draw... with a point on the board and still top of the league come the International break.

if we lost this one it would have been pure shit housery at its finest, kinda like the Palace game in Conte’s title winning season.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Just remember people. This is the SAME team that we had last season, the team that keeps missing chances time after time. When our defenders are not scoring, it is fingers crossed to find a goal from somewhere.

It is sad. Feels like a loss.

No it is not the same team.
With Lamps we could n't score but we could n't create chances either.
But today there was no striker in the team. Kai is good for tap ins.
In the air too we were unlucky three times.

i hope today is the wake up call this group needs right before international break, this league is fucking difficult to win, shit results like this happen a lot, City and Liverpool have also dropped points against these sides. We just need to accept this as much as it frustrates us and move on, lets just hope we have more options available in attack after international break

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

True, but our manager bringing RLC to play through the middle (?) at 1-0 had just as much bearing. He's paid to make choices that positively affect the match.

Azpi as RCB offers much more offensively. Expected him to start. RLC should play in double pivot instead of Kante. Or even Barkley if he wanted to play him. Ziyech should have started in attack with CHO and Kai. Pussy approach just like City. 352 against Burnley at home. And on top of that in attack you disrupt natural positions for Kai and CHO who is always better on the left. 

Instead:

Ziyech Havertz CHO 

We played:

Barkley 

CHO Havertz 

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We had players on numerous occasions literally standing in 5 yards worth of space ON THEIR PENALTY SPOT and somehow failed to finish the chances. These are the chances Lukaku feasts on so he was a huge miss today. CHO and Barkley choked and cost us 2 points today.

But we've seen already that this narrative doesn't really work in theory. Throughout September and early October with Rom leading the line we created fuck all bar the second half vs Spurs.

Would Lukaku have scored once or twice if he was literally placed in the same positions? Almost certainly but would his movement and awareness have put him in these positions repeatedly?

The reason we created as many chances as we did today is because everyone is heavily involved in the build up in a way Rom isn't. We go from hoping our team can score one or two of the 100 chances to hoping Rom takes one of two of the few chances, which is all well and good when he does (Villa, Zenit) but disatorous when he's anonymous (Juve, Brentford).

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Would Lukaku have scored once or twice if he was literally placed in the same positions? Almost certainly but would his movement and awareness have put him in these positions repeatedly?

This. THIS!

That point always seems to fly over people's head. 

Might even argue that with the type of striker that he is, Burnley might find it easier to defend against him. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Next game Leicester away early kick off after the break... 

Another one of those teams I really hate playing against. And one who will be more than capable of pressing and making things very difficult for us. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Azpi as RCB offers much more offensively. Expected him to start. RLC should play in double pivot instead of Kante. Or even Barkley if he wanted to play him. Ziyech should have started in attack with CHO and Kai. Pussy approach just like City. 352 against Burnley at home. And on top of that in attack you disrupt natural positions for Kai and CHO who is always better on the left. 

Instead:

Ziyech Havertz CHO 

We played:

Barkley 

CHO Havertz 

As I mentioned before the game started -

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Barkley starting & RLC not are my take-aways. Hope those choices won't matter come full time.

The former starting rang enough alarm bells for me. I know Ziyech hasn't been great, but if he is deemed inferior to Barkley, I don't know what to say.

I don't want to hear back this "physical" angle some mentioned either; he isn't Hulk. 🙄

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But we've seen already that this narrative doesn't really work in theory. Throughout September and early October with Rom leading the line we created fuck all bar the second half vs Spurs.

The reason we created as many chances as we did today is because everyone is heavily involved in the build up in a way Rom isn't. We go from hoping our team can score one or two of the 100 chances to hoping Rom takes one of two of the few chances, which is all well and good when he does (Villa, Zenit) but disatorous when he's anonymous (Juve, Brentford).

5 minutes ago, Jase said:

This. THIS!

That point always seems to fly over people's head. 

Might even argue that with the type of striker that he is, Burnley might find it easier to defend against him. 

Think you both are now underestimating Lukaku. I too believe he shouldn't be utilised as a 100 million transfer should, but he would've been a help today. 

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As I mentioned before the game started -

The former starting rang enough alarm bells for me. I know Ziyech hasn't been great, but if he is deemed inferior to Barkley, I don't know what to say.

I don't want to hear back this "physical" angle some mentioned either; he isn't Hulk. 🙄

And Sarr selection could have costed us 2 or 3 points against Brentford but Mendy saved us. He is playing too much which can cost us title. Liverpool and City will go over 90 points, every point can be deciding.