Brentford 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

30 minutes ago, Jase said:

That seems to be narrative all of a sudden.

It's even more silly when the players behind him were part of a team that created chances at will.

Edited by Tomo

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's even more silly when the players behind him were part of a team that created chances at will.

Yup. The narrative has shifted from us missing chances for fun last season to us not creating enough this season and no one has questioned why. Suddenly everyone looking is for something or someone to blame but no one is addressing the elephant in the room. 

4 minutes ago, Jase said:

Yup. The narrative has shifted from us missing chances for fun last season to us not creating enough this season and no one has questioned why. Suddenly everyone looking is for something or someone to blame but no one is addressing the elephant in the room. 

Atleast yesterday gives hope that Tuchel will hold him to account if this carries on, up until yesterday I was starting to seriously worry he was going to be playing all game every game unconditionally.

On a semi related note my one worry about Tuchel was the transfer market and early signs seem to be confirming my fears, Rom has totally disrupted our rythm (in general play) and Saul looks totally out of his depth. It's why I never got this linear thinking of "this guy has won us X trophy so we must back him with whatever he wants".

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Atleast yesterday gives hope that Tuchel will hold him to account if this carries on, up until yesterday I was starting to seriously worry he was going to be playing all game every game unconditionally.

I'll believe it when I see more of such moment. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On a semi related note my one worry about Tuchel was the transfer market and early signs seem to be confirming my fears, Rom has totally disrupted our rythm (in general play) and Saul looks totally out of his depth. It's why I never got this linear thinking of "this guy has won us X trophy so we must back him with whatever he wants".

Think Lukaku was more of a board signing and Tuchel just went along with it. It might still work out but so far, seems like the thinking behind buying Lukaku was that he was the missing piece in the puzzle, the #9 needed to convert the chances without considering whether he would be an actual fit into the system to begin with. And people suddenly wonder why we aren't creating chances or talking about how we don't provide him with the service etc. Everything is suddenly geared towards one player when it was never the case last season. 

3 hours ago, Jase said:

And people suddenly wonder why we aren't creating chances or talking about how we don't provide him with the service etc. Everything is suddenly geared towards one player when it was never the case last season. 

But last season under Tuchel we also struggled to create anything in like 50% of games. People are ignoring this. 

47 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But last season under Tuchel we also struggled to create anything in like 50% of games. People are ignoring this. 

I disagree with this. Sure, there were games where we struggled to create chances - every team will have such games - but most of the time, we were able to create chances (why do you think people complained so much about missing chances last season?) and there was fluency in our attacking play. Now, it's the opposite. There's not much fluency going forward, our attacking play looks awkward and the complaint now is that we don't create enough. 

On 16/10/2021 at 15:41, Vesper said:

what makes Ederson top 10 is his ball playing, anticipation/positioning and distribution

shot stopping he is near the bottom of those 9

Necroing this one a bit, but while I definitely agree with you on that, my point with the "in that City system" bit is that I think Ederson would drop a tier in any other system than City's. And since I don't really see a lot of teams playing like City these days, I think he is indeed a tier lower than the likes of Mendy.

17 hours ago, Jase said:

@Tomo I have just inadvertently stumbled into another dumb assertion like the "WE SHOULD SELL MENDY!" one.

Someone just told me that we don't create many chances under Tuchel in the midst of all this sudden debates about Lukaku not getting the service etc...

too many people on this and other sites were obsessed with getting Oblak that Mendy was written off before he even had a save made in our name. typical 

On 17/10/2021 at 21:55, NikkiCFC said:

look at what we have for attacking players

in terms of EPL play only one of these (Rom) is a proven scorer, and he is in a slump atm

Mason Mount  (great player but not yet a big scorer)
Kai Havertz   see Mount, I think he eventually blows up into a true star
Hakim Ziyech   bust, ship his ass off, I warned on him even more than Pulisic, was not ever a fan, we were warned by Ajax fans
Christian Pulisic   (quickly sliding towards bust level due to insanely POOR injury record and lack of strength, which I warned on before we bought him) 
Callum Hudson-Odoi    never has been a proven scorer at top level
Romelu Lukaku    dog help us if he goes all 'Manure year 2'
Timo Werner    the huge question mark, he looks like Bundesliga goalfest life is not going to translate to the EPL

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

look at what we have for attacking players

in terms of EPL play only one of these (Rom) is a proven scorer, and he is in a slump atm

Mason Mount  (great player but not yet a big scorer)
Kai Havertz   see Mount, I think he eventually blows up into a true star
Hakim Ziyech   bust, ship his ass off, I warned on him even more than Pulisic, was not ever a fan, we were warned by Ajax fans
Christian Pulisic   (quickly sliding towards bust level due to insanely POOR injury record and lack of strength, which I warned on before we bought him) 
Callum Hudson-Odoi    never has been a proven scorer at top level
Romelu Lukaku    dog help us if he goes all 'Manure year 2'
Timo Werner    the huge question mark, he looks like Bundesliga goalfest life is not going to translate to the EPL

Timo's confidence has been shot ever since the midway point last season (kind of like Morata).

I don't think his conversion rate was ever the best, even in Bundesliga, but he was a much different player when he joined the club. Played on the wing, still worked hard and used to attack the goal with ferocity.

Not the same player now.

His shots are just so timid these days. 

Just hope Lukaku isn't a victim of that bug.

Edited by Blue Armour