Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

James

Thankfully we have this huge squad. Thiago Silva, James suspended, Pulisic injured, Lukaku possibly out as well, maybe Mount needs a rest (will obv still start) does not even matter, we have Ziyech, CHO, Havertz and fit and/or fully rested. Still, fuck int'l football.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Is Lukaku fit ?

As up to date I have seen. We may know more at Tuchel's presser.

Romelu Lukaku returned early from international duty after confirming he has been struggling with a “minor thigh issue”. The Belgian is currently a doubt but will be assessed. Reece James is serving a three-match suspension after his red card against Liverpool, while Thiago Silva is also banned, as it stands. Christian Pulisic suffered a knock to his ankle when playing for the USA against Canada and is a doubt.

54 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Another injury? ffs 

He rolled the ankle trying to go between two CB. Then he wouldnt let them stretcher him off the pitch. Tried to straight leg limp run up the pitch, then the other way and collapsed. Probably did more damage ignoring the medical staff.

All those salty opposition fans questioning why we were after Saul and here is the reason. And thank god we got him. Kante will be a constant injury risk throughout the season and must be handled carefully. Saul is going to get a lot of games.

As for Pulisic, I’m sad to say this because I really like him (especially as a fellow American) but I’d cash in on him next summer. He’s injured more than any player I’ve ever seen. Tuchel can’t ever count on him at all because he’s always on the injury table. Every injury then sets him back and he has to fight his way back into contention to play.

I’d use him as a makeweight with Dortmund if we are genuinely interested in Bellingham.

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

10 days is nothing. It’s the muscular imbalance injuries that bother me. He hasn’t had one in a little while

Yes, but it's getting quite annoying.. Every time he is getting, he gets some minor injury which makes him sidelined for 10-14 days, then returns with line lost. After a couple of substitution appearances he becomes sharp again, then the new knock/muscle problem/sprain comes again in no time.

It has been over ten years since I read a lengthy study published in Sports Illustrated. Researchers followed the careers of promising NFL players to look at what would predict a player going from a good player, to developing into a great player. The one constant was a player's ability to heal quickly from small injuries and staying injury free. If you look at both Pulisic and Mount, Puli is the same player that came to Chelsea, a really good player with flashes of great play. Mount came a really good player and is on a steady climb to being a consistently great player.