Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

James

Very interesting lineup! Could be exciting, too.

But what the actual fuck is going on with Chilly? Good as Alonso has been so far I really want Chilly to get up to speed. Been totally out in the wilderness since the CL final for some reason.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Loving that line up. Very interested to see why Chilwel hasn't featured since CL both internationally and at club level.

Think Chilwell will play the two midweek games in the UCL and Carabao Cup to get him up to speed.

I think it's simply a case of at present Alonso hasn't done anything yet to justify taking him out of the team.

I'm surprised there isn't a little bit more experience in there, especially across that back line.

Chalobah and CHO together on the right worries me a little. I'd rather have had one play this game with Azpi and the other play mid week with James.

Looking forward to seeing Saul play. It might be a really shock to the system for him but he's been training now with the team for over a week and a few of the guys in the team today and it's pleasing that Tuchel has no worries about throwing him in and using him. If he has full faith in all four of our midfielders and any combination of them, it can only help the season grind.

Weird to see Barkley and RLC there. 

No Martinez and Buendia is good news for us also Traore and Bailey on the bench. 

In the end teams who let players go to South America suffered because of that decision like Spurs while others like us get away with it. 

We definitely have to be careful and smart here. There’s a whole lot of pace and running in that Villa attack. McGinn, Watkins, and Ings will be looking to break and sprint as often as they can.

Which could be an issue with Kova and Saul in his first game. Plus Silva’s first game alongside CHO and Chalobah.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We definitely have to be careful and smart here. There’s a whole lot of pace and running in that Villa attack. McGinn, Watkins, and Ings will be looking to break and sprint as often as they can.

Which could be an issue with Kova and Saul in his first game. Plus Silva’s first game alongside CHO and Chalobah.

You say that but rudi is fast as hell, and chal is no slouch either, am guessing from that line up we plan to keep the ball.