Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

James

Yes, Chalobah looks like he is a seasoned professional rather than a young man that just made the senior squad. He makes great decisions and does not rely on his speed like so many young players do. So far this season I think Tuchel giving him the opportunity is his best squad decision. I am not sure Lukaku was completely his decision.

1 minute ago, Jap Si. said:

Saul is not good enuff I swear down fam.

Nahh he will become good, he has been rather stale at AM but TT will set him up just fine. It was difficult for most of our players today, he will come good soon enough.

It’s really awesome to see Rom show people that he’s not just about power and pace. He can score some beautiful, extremely impressive goals.

Hope going forward we can get him more involved in the play like we did against Arse. He was very isolated today.

All things considered the result flatters us a bit, but I'll take it. Saul had a nightmare debut, which is disappointing, but he'll have many opportunities to show why he was brought here. Chalobah is a bit shaky and needs to be developed more and IMO he's not ready to be a starter in our EPL games yet. I'm really not a fan of CHO at RWB, he was extremely vulnerable and most of Villa dangerous attacks came from his side.

I must say it's so nice to have a clinical striker. It's been a while since Costa left and I completely forgot that feeling after having to deal with the likes of Morata, Higuain and Werner. Big Rom is doing his thing so far and I love it.

Edited by different level

Looking forward to the highlights tonight.

Our 600th win in the PL. Only 1 team has more Utd with 690.

Well it seems I'm 0 for 2 on my predictions. I assumed Tuchel would be a disaster and I also thought Lukaku would bomb. I'm glad I have been so wrong. It must be an age thing at 45 - I think I'm massively pessimistic now... 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. 

Edited by Muzchap

Anything but a good performance today, but we took our chances and got the three points, which is all that matters. 

Nice to have a CF bury chances once again; Lukaku's second goal gave me some Drogba-esque vibes.

While our players were in national duty, aston villa was preparing for us, and only us. Our players came couple of days ago. Poor performance but still we won. We can at least say that now we have a finisher, if this was last year we wouldnt have won this game.

And I would rather go for Mcginn next season, guy is a machine.

Seeing Ronaldo baga brace made me a little tense about this season., but Lukaku really eased that bit of tension.

Just relieved to have him on our side. Practically turned two half chances into goals (not too unlike Ronaldo)

3 hours ago, Ihaveaids said:

While our players were in national duty, aston villa was preparing for us, and only us. Our players came couple of days ago. Poor performance but still we won. We can at least say that now we have a finisher, if this was last year we wouldnt have won this game.

Apt first post. They were clearly prepared for the way we play and took full advantage on the communication issues between Saul, Kovacic and CHO to pressurize our midfield. But we came through whithout panicking despite an average overall performance. This is the mark of champions.

McGinn really has developed into quite a player. The little man with the oversized head is pretty a complete midfielder now. He will not come cheap tho. Signed a 5 year extension last december. I can Liverpool going in for him.

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apt first post. They were clearly prepared for the way we play and took full advantage on the communication issues between Saul, Kovacic and CHO to pressurize our midfield. But we came through whithout panicking despite an average overall performance. This is the mark of champions.

McGinn really has developed into quite a player. The little man with the oversized head is pretty a complete midfielder now. He will not come cheap tho. Signed a 5 year extension last december. I can Liverpool going in for him.

JWP. 

Same agency that brought Grealish to City confirmed he’s got an agreement with Liverpool next summer. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

JWP. 

Same agency that brought Grealish to City confirmed he’s got an agreement with Liverpool next summer. 

wow, i did not know that but he fits them like a glove also with that Scottish connection there.  they like to have combative workorse midfielders, who can also can play a bit of footy. Belated Wijnaldum replacement. Anyway we are pretty much set in midfield now. Gallagher looks to become a similar player as well

9 hours ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Saul absolutely shocking. There was a reason Atletico didnt mind getting rid though, so still think it's a decent gamble. Hakim on the other hand adds nothing at all, and should fucking know the league by now.

So you're basing this opinion on his starting his first game for a new club, doesn't speak the language, and not used to the system, get real bud!

12 hours ago, Ihaveaids said:

Villa want a minimum of £50m for him, and likely more after this season, and if you are talking a next summer buy, you start to run into resale value issues (if he doesn't work out), He turns 28 a couple months into next season, so you only get 2 sub 30yo seasons out of him. Once he hits 30, his value will start to plummet. Drinkwater was half a year younger than McGinn would be next summer, when we bought the POS, and look at him now. He turns 32 this winter's end, and his value has been shit for ages. NOT saying McGinn is anywhere near as bad as the atrocious Donkeywater btw, just using him as a comparable example age-wise.