Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Knew there would be state money involved somewhere if they had 😅. That said, not sure this still covers them. There 1bn renovation of their stadium plus existing contracts has really put them in a corner; not as much as Barca but I still don't see them going mega money on Haaland, as their principal target by all accounts is Mbappe. 

I could be wrong but I am still confident Haaland ends up in England and mostly likely at City.

CHO swap and cash for Sancho and Haaland. I think people just get high and dream this stuff up.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-could-offer-hudson-odoi-as-part-of-potential-deal-for-haaland-and-sancho/

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

CHO swap and cash for Sancho and Haaland. I think people just get high and dream this stuff up.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-could-offer-hudson-odoi-as-part-of-potential-deal-for-haaland-and-sancho/

lol, that is more than getting high

that is a psychotic break from reality

Edited by Vesper

On 22/02/2021 at 06:06, Vesper said:

lol, that is more than getting high

that is a psychotic break from reality

my friend used to work for one of these websites 90min or some Israel-based site I can't recall which one. Entire day his job was to make up rumours - David Silva to Bayern, James Milner to Inter Milan and so on. Few hours after his site posted, he'd see other sites post the same

If we hadn’t splashed out so much last summer I could buy him being a target. But not now. 

Unlike last summer the big boys will be much more active. There will be 6-8 top clubs desperate to sign him, ALL of which will have CL football while we may very well not.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we hadn’t splashed out so much last summer I could buy him being a target. But not now. 

Unlike last summer the big boys will be much more active. There will be 6-8 top clubs desperate to sign him, ALL of which will have CL football while we may very well not.

Our accounting team is essentially why we aren't under the microscope for FFP. With sponsorship deals and the massive revenue the premier league brings, not to mention Roman's investment, I can realistically see us being after him. 

Literally another Eden Hazard scenario. Think it will be between us, United, and City. 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Our accounting team is essentially why we aren't under the microscope for FFP. With sponsorship deals and the massive revenue the premier league brings, not to mention Roman's investment, I can realistically see us being after him. 

Literally another Eden Hazard scenario. Think it will be between us, United, and City. 

Without CL football next season we can forget Haaland.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Without CL football next season we can forget Haaland.

Was just about to say the same thing.

There are also other points to consider. All that money we spent last summer will be reflected in the financial record and put together with the financial impact from the pandemic, god knows what that record is gonna look like when it is released. On top of that, if you look at our recent big money signings, they all have been offset/funded by sales. Half of Kepa's purchase was offset by the sale of Courtois. The buys of Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Mendy were offset by the money gained from the sales of Hazard and Morata. I assume that we will sell the deadwoods this summer but how many can we sell and how much money will we get to raise some funds?

Also from Haaland's point of view, does he want to come here and be part of another potential successful project aka part of a developing team (similar to Dortmund) OR would he prefer to go to an already established side and taste instant success (like Man City)? 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Was just about to say the same thing.

There are also other points to consider. All that money we spent last summer will be reflected in the financial record and put together with the financial impact from the pandemic, god knows what that record is gonna look like when it is released. On top of that, if you look at our recent big money signings, they all have been offset/funded by sales. Half of Kepa's purchase was offset by the sale of Courtois. The buys of Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, Mendy were offset by the money gained from the sales of Hazard and Morata. I assume that we will sell the deadwoods this summer but how many can we sell and how much money will we get to raise some funds?

Also from Haaland's point of view, does he want to come here and be part of another potential successful project aka part of a developing team (similar to Dortmund) OR would he prefer to go to an already established side and taste instant success (like Man City)? 

Question for me is if Haaland even suits the style of play that Man City plays. Pep prefers to have WC technical masterminds as CF like Messi, David Villa or Aguero. Haaland is clearly not that type of player. He is perfect for counter attacks and that style fits Man United for instance, but that does not fit Man City football. If I was Pep, I would rather go for an elite technical mastermind like Messi, Kane, Lewandowski or Lautaro. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Question for me is if Haaland even suits the style of play that Man City plays. Pep prefers to have WC technical masterminds as CF like Messi, David Villa or Aguero. Haaland is clearly not that type of player. He is perfect for counter attacks and that style fits Man United for instance, but that does not fit Man City football. If I was Pep, I would rather go for an elite technical mastermind like Messi, Kane, Lewandowski or Lautaro. 

There are enough rumors circling around to suggest that it has some merits.

Don't see why Guardiola wouldn't want Haaland, who before we forget is only 20 years old and has tons of room for improvement. Don't see why Guardiola wouldn't be able to improve him.

I remember when Guardiola went to Bayern last time, people said that Lewandowski is not his type of player and all that but he made it work. People thought the likes of Ribery, Robben wouldn't suit Guardiola's playing style but again, he made it work. I also seem to remember that Aguero's time under Guardiola didn't start out smoothly because his game didn't quite suit the style but eventually, they were able to make it work. 

The biggest issue is going to be as it always is with Mina Raiola’s clients: money.

If we can match the best or make the best offer, we will be in with a large chance of signing him, CL football or not. Its obviously an additional factor yes and if we finish outside the top 4/5 in positions 7,8,9,10 it will be a huge disadvantage but it will not massively be the deciding factor If say we finished 5th IMO (which is below the minimum achievable goal for the remainder of the season I would think). 

Obviously we want to be in the CL not just to boost our chances but for the financial side of it for the club and to be playing the top competition of European football. Honestly think still its going to be more the financial side of a deal for Haaland that will make the ultimate difference and that will include a large agent and large signing fee. As was the same for the Pogba to United deal, de Ligt to Juventus, Lukaku to United and Inter and Ibra’s moves to Barcelona and PSG. 

The financial package and wages/sign on/agent fee were huge contributions to why we didnt sign him from Salzburg as Matt Law reported but we will have to swallow our pride  and make a big offer if we are truly interested. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The biggest issue is going to be as it always is with Mina Raiola’s clients: money.

If we can match the best or make the best offer, we will be in with a large chance of signing him, CL football or not. Its obviously an additional factor yes and if we finish outside the top 4/5 in positions 7,8,9,10 it will be a huge disadvantage but it will not massively be the deciding factor If say we finished 5th IMO (which is below the minimum achievable goal for the remainder of the season I would think). 

Obviously we want to be in the CL not just to boost our chances but for the financial side of it for the club and to be playing the top competition of European football. Honestly think still its going to be more the financial side of a deal for Haaland that will make the ultimate difference and that will include a large agent and large signing fee. As was the same for the Pogba to United deal, de Ligt to Juventus, Lukaku to United and Inter and Ibra’s moves to Barcelona and PSG. 

The financial package and wages/sign on/agent fee were huge contributions to why we didnt sign him from Salzburg as Matt Law reported but we will have to swallow our pride  and make a big offer if we are truly interested. 

Doubt it, money isn't enough to convince Haaland. If we missed out on CL football next season, why should Haaland want to come here when he could go to Madrid, Barca, and City?

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Doubt it, money isn't enough to convince Haaland. If we missed out on CL football next season, why should Haaland want to come here when he could go to Madrid, Barca, and City?

I keep seeing the Spanish clubs mentioned, but seriously has anyone seen how much debt they're in? Barca are nearly €1bn in debt (with no Owner to bail them out) whilst Real aren't that far behind. No way are they making their players take upward of 50% pay cuts and then buying Håland for €100m plus €300k+ a week. Not happening. Only clubs that can afford him are: PSG, City, Chelsea, Utd, Bayern, Dippers (if there owners aren't tight), Juve (maybe.) Outside of that there is no one that can pull it off. Barca and Real will continue to get mentioned because of their history with big transfers and glamour but the fact is they are are in a real hole financially. 

How good is he actually, technically wise? Is he not much different from werner?

relied a lot to his pace, space, finishing and sync movement from the whole attacking player? 

But beside that, from technical aspect, decision making, and his physical strength is actually similiar, which isn't really convincing?

Edited by dimmas

7 minutes ago, dimmas said:

How good is he actually, technically wise? Is he not much different from werner?

relied a lot to his pace, space, finishing and sync movement from the whole attacking player? 

But beside that, from technical aspect, decision making, and his physical strength is actually similiar, which isn't really convincing?

He's very technical. My only concern is how is he in tight spaces, because the Bundesliga is a very counter attack/direct paced league. There's lots of space to operate. He will get nothing here in England and you can already see how both Werner and Havertz are slowly adapting. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You