Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

It would be great if some of this is true.

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2021/02/three-latest-reports-erling-haaland-Chelsea-positive/

It still feels like it is just a pipe dream for Chelsea, but as the days go on getting closer to the summer window, the more positive reports surface to give fans a hope of more than just a dream.

Erling Haaland to Chelsea this summer, can it really happen?

Well, three latest reports all out today suggest there is a fair chance.

First of all, reporter Pipe Sierra says that Chelsea “will make their interest in Erling Haaland official next week.”

An offer of 90 million plus bonuses will drop in the Dortmund offices apparently.

Then we have the reliable Matt Law, speaking on The London is Blue Podcast today.

Law seems to have a belief that Roman Abramovich really wants to sign Haaland this summer, the same way he was invested in signing Kai Havertz last summer.

It will cost upwards of £150 million, but that doesn’t seem to be putting Chelsea off, who Law believes are only one of a few clubs who can afford the deal this summer.

Law also says that if Chelsea don’t get Haaland, they will be pursuing another top striker regardless.

The final report is from BILD, who claim that Abramovich has given Chelsea the green light to go and sign Haaland this summer, which of course aligns with all the other reports we have been hearing of this nature.

It is highly clear that Chelsea are at the very least, going all out for Haaland this summer.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't remember the exact numbers but my point is, it's not as if Roman decided to just splash all 100 million on a player out of nowhere. Most of last summer's buys were offset by the sales. Roman probably just covered whatever the difference was and I don't think it was big either.

Yeah likely. I’d imagine for Haaland if we do go for him, it would maybe be so much % of the budget and then the rest maybe from Roman so Tuchels able to get other guys in. Which if we get him, regardless, wont matter where it comes from.

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah likely. I’d imagine for Haaland if we do go for him, it would maybe be so much % of the budget and then the rest maybe from Roman so Tuchels able to get other guys in. Which if we get him, regardless, wont matter where it comes from.

Regardless, I expect us to get rid of some deadwoods this summer.

I strongly doubt we will be able to pull off Haaland. Spain  might have lost a bit of its appeal due to the recent slump of spanish teams but overall, city, psg and maybe even still real will have bigger sway.

Either we work something out with a combination of Werner/Tammy/Havertz false nine or give broja or some other academy product a fair chance. throwing money at the problem might not be the wisest solution as seen with werner

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So much talk (or maybe even assumption) that we will sign Haaland this summer to solve our striker issue.

But err, what's the backup plan if we are not able to sign him?

No idea. Haaland is the only name being linked which is alarming as you’d think as much as we would like to sign him there may be a chance we wont so we need a contingency plan. Cannot afford to go into next season with only Giroud, Abraham and Werner. Never going to close the gap to the top top teams with those 3. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No idea. Haaland is the only name being linked which is alarming as you’d think as much as we would like to sign him there may be a chance we wont. Cannot go into next season with only Giroud, Abraham and Werner.

Am curious about Havertz playing upfront, since Tuchel mentioned he's somewhere between a 9 and a 10. 

Just now, Jason said:

Am curious about Havertz playing upfront, since Tuchel mentioned he's somewhere between a 9 and a 10. 

Yeah that could be another way to go. I still dont know though, seems a lot to expect us to be a top team without an actual top number 9.

City may mix it up and false 9 with Foden, Sterling, De Bruyne or whoever but theyve got Aguero and Jesus who is an adequate back up. Spurs have Harry Kane. Even United have got Edison Cavani. 

We need to make sure we get one, more so as Giroud is aging and Abraham really only looks capable of being a squad player at this level.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think that will look just like Fabio Silva with the Wolves. Great potential but getting bullied by PL CBs.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think that will look just like Fabio Silva with the Wolves. Great potential but getting bullied by PL CBs.

Yeah...would need Havertz to toughen up. Could do well like what Firmino does for Liverpool. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Any recommendation, @Vesper? 🤣

the only players who can play at No 9 who truly interest me and I rate as good enough are (and some/many are impossible)

Kylian Mbappé   (pretty much impossible)
Erling Håland  (my number one target )
Harry Kane (he would never come here)
Lautaro Martínez  (my number 3 target after Håland and DCL)
Romelu Lukaku  (our board HATES to rebuy players we sold off, this is why we balk at buying Rice, which is foolish in regards to him)
Robert Lewandowski   (age is a huge issue, but he is, for the next 2 years or so, still the best No 9 on the planet, his numbers are again insane thsi season)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (my number 2 target, after Håland, the huge barrier is the insane money Everton will demand, but he is the real deal)
Ciro Immobile    (age is an issue as well, and I so doubt he will leave Italy)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the only players who can play at No 9 who truly interest me and I rate as good enough are (and some/many are impossible)

Kylian Mbappé   (pretty much impossible)
Erling Håland  (my number one target )
Harry Kane (he would never come here)
Lautaro Martínez  (my number 3 target after Håland and DCL)
Romelu Lukaku  (our board HATES to rebuy players we sold off, this is why we balk at buying Rice, which is foolish in regards to him)
Robert Lewandowski   (age is a huge issue, but he is, for the next 2 years or so, still the best No 9 on the planet, his numbers are again insane thsi season)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (my number 2 target, after Håland, the huge barrier is the insane money Everton will demand, but he is the real deal)
Ciro Immobile    (age is an issue as well, and I so doubt he will leave Italy)

So many of them are unrealistic. 😆

It doesn't matter who our 2nd or 3rd targets are we're getting Haaland for sure, can't see anyone giving the money needed except us since  who are gonna be desperate to have a top class striker in.

Edited by R2D2

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You