The Tuchel Thread

Jase

I'm really sorry. Have been since that interview of his after friendly game when he said something like: Some didn't want to come,  Lukaku did want to come. Like only positive from that transfer was the fact that Lukaku wanted to come. He wasn't happy. It wasn't his choice. Was he in the position to stop this board signing? Maybe he was, but our fourth place/ potential title was at the risk he didn't want to take by refusing striker, albeit wrong one.

Last night consequence of that failed  transfer window was there for everyone to see, subbing our first teamers with academy players and Ross Barkley, clear message for the board that he has very little to work with.

If he persists with this 5 at the back, 343 with Lukaku upfront he is as good as gone. In his mind anyway.

If he tries 4231 with Chilwell and James as FB, Mount, Havertz and Werner behind Lukaku or something similar with four in the back and one attacker more, he will give it a try. To stay and fight for this club. But how?

Those who have signed Lukaku will keep him and this club in chains.

Edited by laura90

4 minutes ago, laura90 said:

If he tries 4231 with Chilwell and James as FB, Mount, Havertz and Werner behind Lukaku or something similar with four in the back and one attacker more, he will give it a try. To stay and fight for this club. But how?

Wouldn't even say that would work either considering we have only Jorginho as a holding midfielder and is suspect defensively, and Rudiger/Christensen both still unproven performing at this same level in a back 4. 

Seems to me that the only solution is to stick with the system but to sacrifice Lukaku when needed. 

Off: hello guys, i was reading the forum for a year now and finnally i joined.

On: i really think that Lukaku cant play against better clubs because the other two in a 343 sistem are not doing any movements dangerous to the opposite goal and Lukaku is static most of the time.

I think that if we play werner havertz mount/puli as front 3 we would be more attacking beacause their interchanges are something else.

Also kova jorginho pair is statical

And when alonso plays dave can not play

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wouldn't even say that would work either considering we have only Jorginho as a holding midfielder and is suspect defensively, and Rudiger/Christensen both still unproven performing at this same level in a back 4. 

Seems to me that the only solution is to stick with the system but to sacrifice Lukaku when needed. 

If we even try to bench Lukaku in big game he will start a riot and eat all the pies he finds in the city afterwards.

5 hours ago, laura90 said:

I'm really sorry. Have been since that interview of his after friendly game when he said something like: Some didn't want to come,  Lukaku did want to come. Like only positive from that transfer was the fact that Lukaku wanted to come. He wasn't happy. It wasn't his choice. Was he in the position to stop this board signing? Maybe he was, but our fourth place/ potential title was at the risk he didn't want to take by refusing striker, albeit wrong one.

Last night consequence of that failed  transfer window was there for everyone to see, subbing our first teamers with academy players and Ross Barkley, clear message for the board that he has very little to work with.

If he persists with this 5 at the back, 343 with Lukaku upfront he is as good as gone. In his mind anyway.

Those who have signed Lukaku will keep him and this club in chains.

Lukaku has stated numerous times that he was set on staying at Inter, but Tuchel convinced  and wanted him at Chelsea. Maybe he wasn’t his first choice, but it is clear that Tuchel wanted him.

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bar two games we were pretty solid under Sarri and that was with Alonso, Luiz and Kepa playing every week. We were even pretty solid under Lamps once Mendy and Silva were in.

I don't think it will be the complete shit show it's assumed it will be.

19 hours ago, Mana said:

Change TT to Di Matteo and it's the exact same thing except TT just about, just squeezed in top 4 for us. Both managers turned our seasons around, each winning the CL + 1 trophy.

Di Matteo actually finished 6th in the PL. Which was lower than where we were when he took over… 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Di Matteo actually finished 6th in the PL. Which was lower than where we were when he took over… 

TT got us into top4 in the end thanks to opponents just like Lampard. He won 38 points in half season which is 76 full season and that is underperforming with this squad. On paper we are easily 85 point squad.

Draws with Leeds, Wolves, Southampton, Brighton, losses against WBA, Arsenal, AV...

His pragmatic approach could work in knockout system especially if you have easy road to the final like we did... Fa Cup final was also huge cock up.

And it is scary to think without Kepa he would failed to deliver Super Cup and would already be eliminated from Carabao Cup.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Bar two games we were pretty solid under Sarri and that was with Alonso, Luiz and Kepa playing every week. We were even pretty solid under Lamps once Mendy and Silva were in.

I don't think it will be the complete shit show it's assumed it will be.

You need to look at the context. Sarri had to revert to a strict possession game to avoid having the gaps in midfield being exploited during defensive transition. We then all saw how redundant our football became, needing Hazard to save us on occasion. 

Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech don't fit in this system either. We expect to compete against Liverpool and City with CHO and Pulisic as our attackers supporting Lukaku? We also still have the same issue of lack of creativity in midfield if we are wagering Mount, Kante, and Kovacic to create our chances. 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

TT got us into top4 in the end thanks to opponents just like Lampard. He won 38 points in half season which is 76 full season and that is underperforming with this squad. On paper we are easily 85 point squad.

Draws with Leeds, Wolves, Southampton, Brighton, losses against WBA, Arsenal, AV...

His pragmatic approach could work in knockout system especially if you have easy road to the final like we did... Fa Cup final was also huge cock up.

And it is scary to think without Kepa he would failed to deliver Super Cup and would already be eliminated from Carabao Cup.

Unless you finish with 109 or more points then you are always relying on opponents to some degree.

Some day i would as to try some ultra offensive formation maybe against Norwich? Pep uses it a lot and he easily scoring 4 or more goals.  Last time when we scored 5 goals in league it was in 2019 lol Sometimes i really think that Tuchel mainly think to not lost a goal and after that is scoring.  We only once did comeback with Tuchel and it was against City in league. 
Zdjęcieobraz_2021-10-01_195957.thumb.png.ff04a0c6e5d87614d7ec3754461ac1ca.png

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

The Di Matteo comparisions are so lazy.

They lifted the same trophy but that's where the comparisions well and truly end.

I think Tuchel is a better manager by a good margin. But there is some serious concerns from an attacking standpoint. 
Give Klopp and Pep the likes of Ziyech, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Odoi, etc they would play much better.

I like Tuchel and really hope he turns it around, but that is the challenge get more out of them. Because players like Neymar, Mbappe, and Messi are not walking into the door.

Edited by Clockwork

59 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I think Tuchel is a better manager by a good margin. But there is some serious concerns from an attacking standpoint. 
Give Klopp and Pep the likes of Ziyech, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Odoi, etc they would play much better.

I like Tuchel and really hope he turns it around, but that is the challenge get more out of them. Because players like Neymar, Mbappe, and Messi are not walking into the door.

i am surprised he has not gotten a lot out of them so far( esp given how free-scoring Aubameyang, Miki, Reus were, even duds like Max Philip performed under him in attack). But neither did Lamps. Those players all have their individual problems that hinder their development and TT does not seem to have a solution for any. A change in system might get a bit more out of them and while i think we will be more stable than under Lampard there will be a lot of problems re-occuring. We definitely should keep the option of playing 5atb in big games and even drop Lukaku there. Will need some massive balls, but otherwise i fear TT will be a goner next year.

On 01/10/2021 at 08:31, Clockwork said:

Lukaku has stated numerous times that he was set on staying at Inter, but Tuchel convinced  and wanted him at Chelsea. Maybe he wasn’t his first choice, but it is clear that Tuchel wanted him.

If you heard what Werner, Ziyech and I think Havertz said about Lampard last season, then it's clear that he wanted them as well, but only for him to bungle things up, results to go south and him getting the sack.