• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously, who the hell cares about the other teams? 

Dropping points against out-of-form or poor sides can obviously happen but if we really want to challenge for the league title, if we really want to win it, then we need to be beating those sides way more often than not. Am sure there are more examples going back to Sarri's season, Conte's second season etc but here are some of our shockers under Lampard, including the opponents' form and league position pre-game:

L 0-1 West Ham - 5 losses in 6 games; 17th in the table
L 1-3 Everton - 8 losses in 11 games; 18th in the table
L 0-1 Bournemouth - 1 win in 10 games, including 5 consecutive losses; 15th in the table
L 0-2 Southampton - 2 losses in 3 games; 17th in the table
D 1-1 Brighton - 5 losses in 9 games; 14th in the table
L 0-1 Newcastle - 4 losses in 6 games; 13th in the table
D 2-2 Arsenal - 2 wins in 15 games; 10th in the table
D 2-2 Bournemouth - 12 losses in 16 games; 16th in the table
L 2-3 West Ham - 8 losses in 11 games; 17th in the table
---
D 3-3 West Brom - 19th in the table; 1 win all season. Do I need to say more?
L 0-1 Everton - 9th in the table but 1 win in 7 games, including 4 losses
L 1-2 Wolves - 10th in the table but 1 win, 3 losses in 5 games

Well done bro, I provided a more detailed analysis though. Look at my response to @Tomoand see how shockingly out of form some teams were. I didn't even realise it was that bad.

2 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

Well that’s comforting to hear, no matter we can manage with our current team, surprisingly I’m quite relaxed about this fixture for some reason 

if we had a full strength side we would smash them

IF our forward players are clinical we still can

Emerson worries me though on defence

I desperately want this win, as it is a derby and arse are so shit atm it will be humiliating to lose to them

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I desperately want this win, as it is a derby and arse are so shit atm it will be humiliating to lose to them

I’m optimistic that we will win, there confidence is non existent, plus there is a probability that aubameyang and martinelli will not play, so zero excuse we should not win this game.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Errrr am I missing something here?

WHO?

Grealish I gather is what he means

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

'All traces of Arsène Wenger are gone and what remains is a US-registered ghost ship sailing through the doldrums'

Plus eating their income....kroenke is one disgusting owner with no ambition, he just wants properties.

On the game itself we cant show these cunts any respect, dont let them breath.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Seriously, who the hell cares about the other teams? 

Dropping points against out-of-form or poor sides can obviously happen but if we really want to challenge for the league title, if we really want to win it, then we need to be beating those sides way more often than not. Am sure there are more examples going back to Sarri's season, Conte's second season etc but here are some of our shockers under Lampard, including the opponents' form and league position pre-game:

L 0-1 West Ham - 5 losses in 6 games; 17th in the table
L 1-3 Everton - 8 losses in 11 games; 18th in the table
L 0-1 Bournemouth - 1 win in 10 games, including 5 consecutive losses; 15th in the table
L 0-2 Southampton - 2 losses in 3 games; 17th in the table
D 1-1 Brighton - 5 losses in 9 games; 14th in the table
L 0-1 Newcastle - 4 losses in 6 games; 13th in the table
D 2-2 Arsenal - 2 wins in 15 games; 10th in the table
D 2-2 Bournemouth - 12 losses in 16 games; 16th in the table
L 2-3 West Ham - 8 losses in 11 games; 17th in the table
---
D 3-3 West Brom - 19th in the table; 1 win all season. Do I need to say more?
L 0-1 Everton - 9th in the table but 1 win in 7 games, including 4 losses
L 1-2 Wolves - 10th in the table but 1 win, 3 losses in 5 games

That Arsenal draw pissed me off..we played well..came away with only a point and they scored after we took a corner! 

Doing something stupid tommrow wouldn't surprise me...hopefully we can approach this well and start well! Not give them a kick start and us a slide down again 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Same. 

Playing Emerson itself doesn't inspire confidence,..Emerson against an 'out of form' Willian sounds even worse. Thiago Silva will have his hands full.

Emerson being the only available LB is almost reason enough to go with 3 atb (and yes, I know playing 3 at the back was useless at the Emirates last season)

16 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That Arsenal draw pissed me off..we played well..came away with only a point and they scored after we took a corner! 

Doing something stupid tommrow wouldn't surprise me...hopefully we can approach this well and start well! Not give them a kick start and us a slide down again 

Kante slipped in that corner which led to their goal.

Thankfully he already slipped when playing West Ham last game.

So hopefully that means he's fulfilled his quota for this week. Or at least this month. Or this season.

Lampard reminisces a key moment in Chelsea-Arsenal rivalry that turned the tables

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/12/25/lampard-reminisces-chelsea-breaking-arsenal-hoodoo-to-turn-the-tide/

wayne-bridge-2004-2048x1365.jpg

Frank Lampard reminisces his first win over Arsenal as a Chelsea player

According to the club’s official site, Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has delved into memory to rekindle memories of his first win over Arsenal as a Blue.

Chelsea go into this weekend’s clash against the Gunners as overwhelming favourites. However, that was not the case back in 2004.

Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal had gone invincible the season before and were on their way to winning the title once again. Their chances of taking Europe by storm was put on hold when they took on Chelsea in the Champions League quarter-finals.

The first leg ended 1-1 at Stamford Bridge, setting the stage for a European classic at Highbury. Thierry Henry put the Gunners ahead before Frank Lampard himself brought the Blues level on the night and in the tie.

Wayne Bridge would go on to score a late winner and Chelsea would have their first win over Arsenal in 18 attempts.

“The evening was a turning point when we got that result because it gave us a huge amount of belief at that time.”

article-2598859-00CC464D1000044C-745_634x427.jpg

Frank Lampard drew Chelsea level on the night (EM PICS)

Having just been bought by Roman Abramovich, Chelsea were beginning to emerge as a force in English football. Lampard believes that night in Highbury gave the team the belief that they could push onto greater things.

“We were changing, we were young. That night gave us belief so it did push us on at that point..”

Lampard will hope that his young side will once again put the Gunners to the sword and emerge out of the game with a similar self-belief.

arsenal-v-chelsea-2004-falling-in-love-with-the-champions-league-in-another-shirt-900x480-1.jpg

Wayne Bridge scored the decisive goal on the night (Getty Images)

That landmark win in 2004 changed the dynamics of football in London. A power shift was on the cards and Stamford Bridge has since emerged as the pre-eminent team in the capital.

Arsenal have not won a Premier League since then, while the Blues have triumphed five times. More importantly, we also managed to go on and lift the Champions League in 2012.

Little did Bridge know how important his goal was to be to the club and its future.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Now I’m even MORE worried about tomorrow. Arsenal are in turmoil and knowing Chelsea’s recent history against sides who are in a losing/bad run...

I’ll seriously flip tables if we lose to these lot. We may have lost Ziyech and Chilwell but we are still good enough to win. No excuses.

It would be embarrassing actually, I know its a derby and that form more often than not goes out the window but we really should beat these lot considering the shitshow they find themselves in. They cant buy an open goal ffs, Auba wont be there, Shaka neither....infact Partey too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9054745/As-January-fast-approaches-winners-losers-transfer-window.html

Interesting to see a relatively unbiased article from the Mail, considering all the flak they've given Timo (some of it rightfully)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12171883/back-a-8-1-arsenal-win-over-chelsea-jones-knows

His predictions always worry me. He is quite savvy with his predictions but I hope we really continue Arsenal's rotten run. There fans do my head in so much and must have the most annoying fanbase around.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12171883/back-a-8-1-arsenal-win-over-chelsea-jones-knows

His predictions always worry me. He is quite savvy with his predictions but I hope we really continue Arsenal's rotten run. There fans do my head in so much and must have the most annoying fanbase around.

Fucking annoying...and he's not the only one.

Almost everyone and their dog is saying that Arsenal are due a Christmas present, and apparently we should oblige by sticking to the script.

So many things killing the pre-match mood.

Arsenal provide injury update on three stars for Chelsea clash including Thomas Partey

The Gunners welcome their London rivals to the Emirates on Boxing Day in desperate need of a win but with question marks over the fitness of several star men

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-provide-injury-update-three-23218400

Arsenal will be without Thomas Partey for their crucial Boxing Day clash against Chelsea.

The midfielder has failed to recover from the thigh injury he picked up against Tottenham earlier this month.

Mikel Arteta was hopeful Partey would be fit to play some part against the Blues with Arsenal desperate for a result amid their dismal run.

However, an update on the Gunners' official website stated Partey was ruled out, and explained:

"Thomas is currently unavailable, but is progressing well to now working outside on close ball work, together with the continued focus on his overall fitness rehabilitation."

Partey was one of three players who were touch and go for the meeting at The Emirates on Saturday.

While the 27-year-old will not be involved, both Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Gabriel Martinelli could still feature.

Arsenal's captain has missed the last two fixtures with a calf strain but looks set to return to action in time to face Frank Lampard's side.

"Auba is working hard with our medical team in order to regain full fitness as soon as possible," Arsenal's update read.

"[He] has now joined outside drills and will continue to be assessed regarding availability ahead of Saturday."

Martinelli only made his return to action following a six-month injury layoff on Wednesday, before going off with an injury.

"Sustained heavy impact and bruising to right shin during our match against Manchester City on Tuesday," said the report.

"Gabi is recovering well and we hope he will be able to participate in full training ahead of Saturday.Meanwhile, Arteta has been urged to drop Willian against his former club, by Gunners legend Paul Merson.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Merson said: "He's been shocking. I'm a big fan of Willian and at Chelsea he was unbelievable.

At times, he was unplayable but he is a shadow of his former self and I don't know what it is.

"He's the only one you can ask and again it must come down to confidence. I'm not sure he will play. He's had enough chances to play, more than the other younger players.

"Arsenal's big-name players haven't been performing over the past six weeks or so and this is the problem Arteta has been having.

"[Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang scored the other day, but he's not really looked like scoring.

His body language hasn't been great, Nicolas Pepe is not even starting all the time and Willian just looks like he's being carried."