• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

12 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The pundits on ESPN said there will actually be more pressure on Chelsea in this match, because anything other than a win against this team would be unacceptable.

I'm so nervous about this match given how the stage is being set,...will take any kind of win. Even if we scrape it by some fluke.

Losing or drawing in any way would be beyond embarrassing.

Also have to hope that no shit refereeing or VAR decision comes into the picture. Would be typical for the officials to grant Arse or one of our rival teams a favor

Count on us getting nothing all 50/50's will go there way

6 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Such bloody negativity on here...some backbone and belief wouldn't go amiss.

Stop worrying about Arse FFS

0-3

KTBFFH

Yup fair point, but sadly its a Chelsea thing to give strugglers a helping hand when they need it the most, we have seen this movie a zillion times.

I would let Werner play striker, his speed would kill them proper.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

With the short term turnover between Arsenal and Villa we will need to decide which match to use Thiago Silva, and i think it may be Villa!

Your underestimation of Arsenal is disturbing. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Your underestimation of Arsenal is disturbing. 

Well in fairness I said Arteta wouldn't last the season when you and others were knocking him off....

Furthermore, this is about deciding which of the two matches we need him more for, are you seriously suggesting Arsenal are better than Villa at present? If so I'm very curious to hear the reasoning, to say the least.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well in fairness I said Arteta wouldn't last the season when you and others were knocking him off....

Knocking him off as in...? :carlo:

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Furthermore, this is about deciding which of the two matches we need him more for, are you seriously suggesting Arsenal are better than Villa at present? If so I'm very curious to hear the reasoning, to say the least.

I get the need to prioritize but this game is still the most immediate one and let's not forget what happened in the 2017 and 2020 FA Cup finals. We went into those two as clear favorites but ended up losing both. One could argue that Arsenal are worse now but the same perspective applies here. We're expected to win this but will we win? Also worth remembering that we would have lost this fixture last season if it weren't for Leno's mistake and Arsenal went all Arsenal in the last few minutes of the game. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get the need to prioritize but this game is still the most immediate one and let's not forget what happened in the 2017 and 2020 FA Cup finals. We went into those two as clear favorites but ended up losing both. One could argue that Arsenal are worse now but the same perspective applies here. We're expected to win this but will we win? Also worth remembering that we would have lost this fixture last season if it weren't for Leno's mistake and Arsenal went all Arsenal in the last few minutes of the game. 

Yeah of course I'm not saying there's absolutely no chance we'll not win and in a normal match week I wouldn't even hint at this even against SHU but if we were playing Brighton or Burnley (the two teams closest to Arsenal in the table) on Boxing Day with Villa two days later I think every one will be onboard with it.

Similar decisions are going to have to be made late on in the season aswell if we make it deep in CL, FA Cup and have something to play for in the league, we'll have to rest Silva in a lot tougher games than this one.

That said I think this is moot and Lampard will rest him vs Villa if not try and play him in both.

8 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Such bloody negativity on here...some backbone and belief wouldn't go amiss.

Stop worrying about Arse FFS

0-3

KTBFFH

You will double your money on our win. So if you are so sure you can make a fortune. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Luiz and Willian know everything about us and Lampard's style so no chance we surprise them tactically. We will hope for individual quality to make the difference as usual. 

How often has this factor even come into play - be it our team or others? :carlo: 

And in Luiz's case, he only played a pre-season under Lampard.

44 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Luiz and Willian know everything about us and Lampard's style so no chance we surprise them tactically. We will hope for individual quality to make the difference as usual. 

Brain dead Afro donkeys don’t know anything 

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

With the short term turnover between Arsenal and Villa we will need to decide which match to use Thiago Silva, and i think it may be Villa!

Arsenal - derby game and could be a jolt in morale. Last few performances have been a slog

On 22.12.2020 at 7:55 PM, Pizy said:

If I were a betting man living in the UK I'd put money on one of Luiz or Willian scoring against us. Willian has been shocking all season and their fans hate him. But he'll want to stick it to us here.

I bet one of them will score a worldie from a free kick. 😂

41279c6a239d5315e3f4be97e7ba9ee9.gif